Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC E25K, MB Plat
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
I would think that based on past history, all non-unlimited flight passes would count. My unlimited flight passes have never counted for these promos but individual flights on all other flight passes have counted towards such promotions.

and reading the detailed terms:

"Economy Basic fares, Unlimited Flight Pass purchases, and Aeroplan flight rewards are not eligible for this Offer B, including Points + Cash reservations."

indicates to me that flight pass flights other than unlimited should be AOK.

Does anyone have any experience with this yet? Thinking about picking up a cross-Canada flex student pass, and this would definitely make it worthwhile if the bonus applies.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 3:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by koot
Does anyone have any experience with this yet? Thinking about picking up a cross-Canada flex student pass, and this would definitely make it worthwhile if the bonus applies.
Yes. I've done flights on two different FPs. The bonus definitely applies.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I'm thinking of having a trip where one segment falls before April 30 (trying to benefit from the Accelerate promotion), and the second segment falls months after April 30. Anyone know how stopovers are handled when it comes to SQMs/SQDs? Specifically, will I get any SQD or SQM after that first segment, or would I have to complete the flight to my destination before anything goes into my account?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:01 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Dave510
I'm thinking of having a trip where one segment falls before April 30 (trying to benefit from the Accelerate promotion), and the second segment falls months after April 30. Anyone know how stopovers are handled when it comes to SQMs/SQDs? Specifically, will I get any SQD or SQM after that first segment, or would I have to complete the flight to my destination before anything goes into my account?
SQx are awarded per segment. Any segment completed before April 30 should be eligible for the bonus.

Please see the calculator thread if you want to figure out how the SQD will be allocated across the ticket.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
SQx are awarded per segment. Any segment completed before April 30 should be eligible for the bonus.

Please see the calculator thread if you want to figure out how the SQD will be allocated across the ticket.
Thank you.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My bonuses from Feb 13 just posted.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
My bonuses from Feb 18th just posted. Hopefully future flights will post within a week!
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by fijaircan
My bonuses from Feb 18th just posted. Hopefully future flights will post within a week!
I'm impressed at the speed that the bonuses are posting; my only thought with no bonus this year was 3 days ago (Tues) but regular SQx posted... additional week only for this bonus would be nice.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
This just posted from flights on Monday.

unclepants likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
My Bonuses for 2/12 are now in
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by YOWgary
This just posted from flights on Monday.

Jealous. My regular flights (much less the bonuses) from Sunday, Feb 20, haven't even posted.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
My 2/22 and 2/23 flights posted (regular credit) but no bonus yet.

bonus from 2/18 flight posted yesterday for me.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by expert7700
My 2/22 and 2/23 flights posted (regular credit) but no bonus yet.

bonus from 2/18 flight posted yesterday for me.
Sigh. Why is this stuff so seemingly random.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Sigh. Why is this stuff so seemingly random.
because AC IT.

My flight from last Thursday posted bonuses on Wednesday. 6 days feels pretty good to me even if there is some variability.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:17 am

My bonuses are in for every flight this year, save for my Jan 23rd flight. Weird...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.