Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Regarding the Part I promo (5/5/500), I filled out the online customer contact form, as Adam had suggested. I received a call from Aeroplan (missed the call so just got the voicemail) indicating that there is indeed a delay right now for some customers in posting this part of the promo, and an email was supposed to have gone out to all those affected...but it hasn't yet gone out. The person said the promo should be posted at some point in the next 2-3 weeks.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Originally Posted by politico_pk
Regarding the Part I promo (5/5/500), I filled out the online customer contact form, as Adam had suggested. I received a call from Aeroplan (missed the call so just got the voicemail) indicating that there is indeed a delay right now for some customers in posting this part of the promo, and an email was supposed to have gone out to all those affected...but it hasn't yet gone out. The person said the promo should be posted at some point in the next 2-3 weeks.
Great.. I'm 9 SQD away from 25K and wanted it before my next flight a week, patience is a virtue i guess. Thanks for the update!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
Great.. I'm 9 SQD away from 25K and wanted it before my next flight a week, patience is a virtue i guess. Thanks for the update!
I'm feeling this. 4 SQD away from 50K and *A G
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
If you didn't already have 25k last year, I don't think you're eligible for this anyway (EDIT: I meant to say by the end of the offer period, not last year)

Last edited by cmill007; Jun 10, 2022 at 12:28 pm
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
I'm feeling this. 4 SQD away from 50K and *A G

Like $9 and $4 away? that is just a tease, lol.
TheViperOne likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Like $9 and $4 away? that is just a tease, lol.
Oh it's painful, i'm going to end up hitting 25K/35K/50K within 5 weeks unless I get 25K sooner
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC 75K
My flight for May 17

LHR to YYC

Get Closer to Status bonus just posted!!!!!!
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
If anyone had non European connections (ie YHZ-YYZ-FRA) can you see if the domestic legs got the bonus and post here?

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, *Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), National Emerald Club Executive
I flew YYZ-MUC-BER and BER-FRA-YYZ in mid May. I just got the SQD, SQM, and SQS bonus for the TATL segments and not the intra-European segments.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by plankton
I flew YYZ-MUC-BER and BER-FRA-YYZ in mid May. I just got the SQD, SQM, and SQS bonus for the TATL segments and not the intra-European segments.
MUC-BER and BER-FRA weren't operated by AC, so were never going to be eligible.
canadiancow and plankton like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC SE (P); Marriott Plat; Accor Plat; KQ Plat
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
If anyone had non European connections (ie YHZ-YYZ-FRA) can you see if the domestic legs got the bonus and post here?

Thanks!
My May flights bonus just posted. No bonus for domestic flights connecting with European flights.
vancouver25k and YYCNoob like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by GeekyFlyer
My May flights bonus just posted. No bonus for domestic flights connecting with European flights.
Same here.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Same. No bonus on the domestic connections.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
got my Europe bonus but ya same doesn't include any connections
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
My Europe flight bonuses for May have posted. And with that, I have qualified for SE for next year. Which I also already done with CC spend.
ACflyerDE and vancouver25k like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.