Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Originally Posted by newfbc
Did you call? I still haven't received 5/5/5.

Ron.
I also have not received my 5/5/5
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
As always, I would strongly recommend that those talking about calling in not do so and instead contact AC via the customer service web form. Go to General Request > Regarding: Aeroplan > Other.

The people you get when you phone in are essentially 95%+ reservations agents. They typically know little to nothing about these promos. You will likely spend longer explaining to them what the issue is than it would take you to fill out the web form. At best, they're basically going to fill out that same form and submit your information to the people who can actually do something about it. At worst, you'll get someone less helpful who will just tell you to fill out the form online.

In either case, the time it takes to get your request fulfilled will likely be the same, so phoning in isn't going to get you your missing SQx any quicker.

It's a free country, so "you do you", as the kids say. But it's likely a better use of your time, as well as not wasting the time of agents who could otherwise be helping people whose problems can only be solved by the someone at the call centre (i.e. good karma), to fill out the form rather than calling.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
I also have not received my 5/5/5
Still waiting, completed the web form as recommended.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Originally Posted by bubbelbine
Still waiting, completed the web form as recommended.
I have also done so, hopefully they respond in a decent timeline unlike my catering and damaged baggage issue which took months
bubbelbine likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:42 am

Hello, when you use a annual companion pass, do you think the other traveller receive the bonus on SQM too ?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
I have also done so, hopefully they respond in a decent timeline unlike my catering and damaged baggage issue which took months
I have two different web support numbers and neither of them have gotten updates in weeks. We will probably get the promo before they reply tbh

Originally Posted by Lepamath
Hello, when you use a annual companion pass, do you think the other traveller receive the bonus on SQM too ?
i believe this has been addressed in the pass thread but the individual booking gets the SQM/SQD not the companion
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
i believe this has been addressed in the pass thread but the individual booking gets the SQM/SQD not the companion
For the Worldwide Companion Pass, this is not true. Both parties get the SQM, and the companion's SQD is the flat fee paid depending on the region.

To the person's question - SQM/SQD earned on these passes is not differentiated, so there is no reason to assume this would not earn double based on the promo.
canadiancow and Bindy Johal like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
For the Worldwide Companion Pass, this is not true. Both parties get the SQM, and the companion's SQD is the flat fee paid depending on the region.

To the person's question - SQM/SQD earned on these passes is not differentiated, so there is no reason to assume this would not earn double based on the promo.
good to know. I remember reading the companion not getting sqm/sqd for a pass. Maybe it was a different type of pass or I read it wrong completely
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
good to know. I remember reading the companion not getting sqm/sqd for a pass. Maybe it was a different type of pass or I read it wrong completely
I suspect that's the case for a Buddy Pass, but can't confirm as I haven't used one yet.
Bindy Johal and Lepamath like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:14 am

I suspect that's the case for a Buddy Pass, but can't confirm as I haven't used one yet.
maybe that’s what it was. Thank you for the clarification!!
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:36 am

Cool! But for the flat fee I think it's consider like taxes? So we don't have SQD on taxes right?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:41 am

Cool! But for the flat fee I think it's consider like taxes? So we don't have SQD on taxes right?
No, it's not considered taxes. The flat fee is considered the fare...SQD earned would be the flat fee + any YQ changed.

For clarity, I'm speaking from experience having just flown on a ticket where a Companion Pass was used.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
More data points:

My April lone missing YYC-YEG has now posted with the promo SQM and SQD and my friends April flights that had to be manually claimed for regular credits have been swept into the bonus club Now waiting on the Sun promo from the spring 🌞
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:09 am

It's not really clear for me If I will get bonus on SQM/SQD on flights buy with Air Canada but with some segments on another air line. I search the forum but I don't have find a definitive answer.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
It's not really clear for me If I will get bonus on SQM/SQD on flights buy with Air Canada but with some segments on another air line. I search the forum but I don't have find a definitive answer.
Yes for the AC operated flights, no for the others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.