Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:42 am

I'm finding it hard to find flights to really take advantage of the Europe-only phase of this offer, like the popular YYZ-EZE premium economy fares that helped boost me to SE. European flights between now and the end of the promo are all so pricey, the $ per mile is rough even with the bonus.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by User8181416
I'm finding it hard to find flights to really take advantage of the Europe-only phase of this offer, like the popular YYZ-EZE premium economy fares that helped boost me to SE. European flights between now and the end of the promo are all so pricey, the $ per mile is rough even with the bonus.
agreed, I've looked from yvr and not seeing a lot that piques me
User8181416 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Originally Posted by User8181416
Agree but the double SQD takes a bit of the sting out of it as I pretty much get an additional worldwide Signature reward for each trip.
fbrdky and User8181416 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:35 am

Also up to date through end of May for Europe bonuses. Had one YYZ-MUC flight booked on AC, but ended up rebooked by them on LH instead due to a missed connection. Therefore didn't get the AC bonus for the LH flight, but did get credit full Y mileage instead of the usual 50% for an AC int'l standard fare. Alas I do better on segments than miles, so just bad luck this time!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
As always, I would strongly recommend that those talking about calling in not do so and instead contact AC via the customer service web form. Go to General Request > Regarding: Aeroplan > Other.
Still haven’t received my 5/5/5 bonus and completed the form as recommend. Finally, got an answer today. Response was so not helpful.

No reference to my initial request. I even attached the screenshot of the AC email showing I checked off the required number of activities to qualify for the bonus.

They clearly didn’t even bother reading my email or checking my account ☹

If this was a known issue as referenced in a previous post, could they not release a statement to all CS agents on how to respond to these inquires and let customers know they are working on it? If they are...

Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Subject: Missing Promotion Credits from Accelerate your way to Status AC:0004950000195xx

Case Number: CAS-4520xxx-Y7Dxxx

Dear XX,

Thank you for contacting us about your Aeroplan Points.

To request missing points, please visit aircanada.com/missingpoints.

If this is related to points accrued from a recent flight, please allow a minimum of 8 days after each flown flight before submitting a request.

If you require further assistance, please contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre at 1-800-361-5373.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you on board in the future.

Sincerely,
Rxxx Mxxx

Customer Relations
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Originally Posted by bubbelbine
Still haven’t received my 5/5/5 bonus and completed the form as recommend. Finally, got an answer today. Response was so not helpful.

No reference to my initial request. I even attached the screenshot of the AC email showing I checked off the required number of activities to qualify for the bonus.

They clearly didn’t even bother reading my email or checking my account ☹

If this was a known issue as referenced in a previous post, could they not release a statement to all CS agents on how to respond to these inquires and let customers know they are working on it? If they are...

Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Subject: Missing Promotion Credits from Accelerate your way to Status AC:0004950000195xx

Case Number: CAS-4520xxx-Y7Dxxx

Dear XX,

Thank you for contacting us about your Aeroplan Points.

To request missing points, please visit aircanada.com/missingpoints.

If this is related to points accrued from a recent flight, please allow a minimum of 8 days after each flown flight before submitting a request.

If you require further assistance, please contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre at 1-800-361-5373.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you on board in the future.

Sincerely,
Rxxx Mxxx

Customer Relations
I just got the generic message that they have forwarded my inquiry to Aeroplan for further resolution
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
It's now 6 weeks from the end of the offer (Apr 30).. it said allow up to 8 weeks. Being patient here.

Ron.
bubbelbine likes this.

Last edited by newfbc; Jun 16, 2022 at 1:33 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by newfbc
It's now 6 weeks from the end of the offer (Apr 31).. it said allow up to 8 weeks. Being patient here.

Ron.
almost 7 hoping for an update this Saturday
bubbelbine likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Platinum
Are there still people waiting for the COS bonus from flights in mid Feb? We still do not have the YYC -YYZ leg.

Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by yyckiwi
Are there still people waiting for the COS bonus from flights in mid Feb? We still do not have the YYC -YYZ leg.

Thanks.
Yes. And I just heard from AC yesterday. They know it's not been fixed yet.

At this point, I'm wondering if I'll get these first or the luggage tags I'm still waiting for (first requested in early March).
yyckiwi and bubbelbine like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Has anybody booked a flight using the "Gift of Travel" pass from a couple of years ago and if so, did they get the double promo?

I've got a ATH-YYZ flight later this month booked on that pass.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: AC SE, *Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by The Lev
Has anybody booked a flight using the "Gift of Travel" pass from a couple of years ago and if so, did they get the double promo?

No, but I redeemed two credits from the Europe travel pass (pass purchased in Nov 2020) in M class recently and got the promo sqm/s/d.
The Lev likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by plankton
No, but I redeemed two credits from the Europe travel pass (pass purchased in Nov 2020) in M class recently and got the promo sqm/s/d.
UK/France pass in V class this month also got promo SQx.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by The Lev

Yes, I've used several credits from both the flex and business versions to/from LHR in Feb/Apr and the doubled SQM/SQD posted correctly. I've just got two of the business ones left for Europe and a couple of flex ones for Canada, then I'll have finally used them all up. These are the ones I bought in Nov 2020.
The Lev and earthsrotation like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:27 am

Anyone get the Air Canada Vacation bonuses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.