Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
AC's terrible IT continues to be baffling. The system has been in place for ages yet they continue to have these errors. I was at Pearson on Monday and the concierge mentioned it has been really awful between the lack of staff and the IT going sideways. Felt badly for them - the particular concierge helping me was delightful.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by newfbc
This error has been on and off for a few days now.. I wonder is it having any effect on upgrades processing at the window?

Ron.
I've had one process even with this error. Of course YMMV
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:16 am

Is there a trick to get AC to recognize like SQ or NH frequent flier numbers? I keep trying to add them on the website but they don't take. (I got NH *G from that promo so wanted to use it!)
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Is there a trick to get AC to recognize like SQ or NH frequent flier numbers? I keep trying to add them on the website but they don't take. (I got NH *G from that promo so wanted to use it!)
Add it at check-in. I have a friend who can't get his UA number recognized, but it always works at check-in.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:53 pm

Thumbs down

I've been getting "SYS009" for hours now.

Sorry!

Looks like we are not working at 100% now, but you can continue as a guest ortry again

{SYS009}
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:01 pm

Does anyone have problem when you cancel your booking and choose to get back aeroplan points, the popup login inferface is of the old aeroplan interface and it doesn't recognize your new Aeroplan number?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Anyone else have trouble changing seats?

After clearing the waitlist, trying to select seats on the website. Can proceed to the purchase page, but when I click on the purchase button, nothing happens.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca

After clearing the waitlist, trying to select seats on the website. Can proceed to the purchase page, but when I click on the purchase button, nothing happens.
Funny, I had this exact problem the other day while trying to select seats on the app after clearing a waitlist. I used website and it worked. I guess they’re trying to ensure complaints are generated from all platforms……..
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by ffsim
Funny, I had this exact problem the other day while trying to select seats on the app after clearing a waitlist. I used website and it worked. I guess they’re trying to ensure complaints are generated from all platforms……..
The app just redirects you to the website… had no luck with app or multiple desktop browsers. Had to call in and waste an agent’s time.

Last edited by Jebby_ca; Aug 14, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
The app just redirects you to the website… had no luck with app of multiple browsers. Had to call in and waste an agent’s time.
Yeah I realize it redirects, I guess I just lucked out on that occasion. And it seems my luck has run out... I've just had to call in as well.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AC SE100k
I’ve tried multiple iOS browsers and none work (either direct or via AC app). Going to website on a desktop works for me though. PITA.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC*E50K
I'm scheduled to fly on AC35 August 21 YVR-BNE which is listed as a 787-9. There are no PY seats for sale, so ok, maybe they're all sold. What's strange is that the seat map for that flight just shows J and Y, totally skipping PY. Does that happen when the cabin is full or something?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: AC SEMM

PE exists according to ExpertFlyer :-)
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold

Yup. There seems to be two seat selection processes/flows being used on the site/app right now. One works fine, but the one that has the purchase button doesn’t seem to work. I’ve made two Aeroplan bookings back to back, one had a partner flight on it so it seemed to use the older flow that works fine and one had only AC flights and used the new flow that doesn’t work.

Whoever is responsible for QA/QC really needs a new job. I just don’t understand how this would have passed even the most basic QA. Also, it’s super frustrating to have to call in for something that the website can easily handle.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Benner
Yup. There seems to be
Whoever is responsible for QA/QC really needs a new job. I just don’t understand how this would have passed even the most basic QA. Also, it’s super frustrating to have to call in for something that the website can easily handle.
I totally agree. Had this problem with a schedule change the other day when a seat selection got screwed up. Lots of time wasted.
Jebby_ca likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.