Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:00 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by SearsTower
Website is back to asking for a verification code EVERY time I log in. UGH!
Happened to me last week. This week - zero issues.

Same browser and no unnatural acts on my part. Go figure.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE
The seat selection tool is really a mess - and has been for a while. If you have a segment with a waitlisted eUpgrade, its impossible to select seat. Looks like Ill have to call in again, which is a waste of time for everyone.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:54 am

Trouble purchasing flight pass

Hi I tried to purchase a fixed credit flight pass. After I clicked the Purchase button, a window popped up "We are processing your request. Please do not click the "Stop" button or reclick the "complete purchase" button.".

It has been over 30 minutes. Is this normal? How long does it really take to buy a flight pass?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 4:39 pm

Not that long lol!! Did you receive any email?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Joroy70
Not that long lol!! Did you receive any email?
I didn't receive email and nothing was charged on my credit card. I called Air Canada and they said there were problems with Flight Pass before but it should work now. I asked how long it takes to purchase. They said it should be instant like buying air tickets. So I tried to purchase the flight pass again, still the same "processing" window for 15 minutes. I gave up.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Tit/LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Enterprise Gold, UA*S, Accor Gold, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by FlightPassQs
I didn't receive email and nothing was charged on my credit card. I called Air Canada and they said there were problems with Flight Pass before but it should work now. I asked how long it takes to purchase. They said it should be instant like buying air tickets. So I tried to purchase the flight pass again, still the same "processing" window for 15 minutes. I gave up.
Turn off your pop-up blocker, if you haven't already. I had the same experience recently and it was the pop-up blocker.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:55 am

The AC website continues to provide reassurance of a professional and competent airline.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Turn off your pop-up blocker, if you haven't already. I had the same experience recently and it was the pop-up blocker.
you're a genius ! Thank you so much! It worked!
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by jasdou
The seat selection tool is really a mess - and has been for a while. If you have a segment with a waitlisted eUpgrade, its impossible to select seat. Looks like Ill have to call in again, which is a waste of time for everyone.
I think I found a way to select seats when a segment is waitlisted for upgrade.

Use the desktop version of the website.

DO NOT use the "Next Flight" button on the bottom left of the screen to move through segments of the itinerary. ONLY use the tabs to directly access seat maps for the flights you want to select seats on.

DO NOT click on the tab for the waitlisted segment.

Click on the "Continue" link at the top right. This takes you to a summary of changes. Click the "Continue" button at bottom left. This should confirm your seat selections.

This worked for me.
Jebby_ca and ffsim like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:16 pm

Booking error PHX to BCN

I have been trying to book; One way, premium economy, Phoenix to Barcelona on May 24th 2023, connecting through Toronto.
The web site shows availability, fully refundable for $1556. When I get to the seat selection screen I keep getting an error and the booking process stops.
I tried calling the reservation desk three times and they seem worthless in solving the issue.
Anyone else have weird booking issues and how did you solve?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Deborah Bell
I have been trying to book; One way, premium economy, Phoenix to Barcelona on May 24th 2023, connecting through Toronto.
The web site shows availability, fully refundable for $1556. When I get to the seat selection screen I keep getting an error and the booking process stops.
I tried calling the reservation desk three times and they seem worthless in solving the issue.
Anyone else have weird booking issues and how did you solve?
With this being your first post, welcome to FT.

Hard to offer any practical advice without more information. What error is it giving you? What did the reservations desk say when you phoned in, and why didn't you just have them book it?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AC 75K
Bought a flexible PY ticket this morning and tried to submit an eUpgrade request. Got this error:

Not a huge deal since there's no R space currently and the flight is not until October. But a little frustrating considering a few weeks ago we couldn't access bookings, which led to not being able to upgrade from the website. I get the same error when upgrading from the mobile site, too.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Call in. You don't necessarily need R space on paid flexible bookings, so you're much better off getting the request in now.
Skipfairweather likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Unable to log in right now on website or via App. The app works except for web-based things like selecting seats and upgrades....seems login is not working properly.

That got fixed quick...can delete this.

Last edited by cavitron; Sep 1, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
This is an experience/complaint/issue.

Just refund me

Gee I wonder why hold times are so long.

ffsim and YYC3722 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.