Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My AC profile says 2FA is disabled, but I've been getting asked for codes a lot lately, and they have been emailed to me.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My AC profile says 2FA is disabled, but I've been getting asked for codes a lot lately, and they have been emailed to me.
Yeah. This has started happening to me this week as well.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Yeah. This has started happening to me this week as well.
Same, I disabled 2FA about 2 weeks ago and the last couple of days I have used the AC website four times and each time I've been required to enter the code.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by PaulYK
Same, I disabled 2FA about 2 weeks ago and the last couple of days I have used the AC website four times and each time I've been required to enter the code.
Same.. I'm also constantly getting logged out of the app and having to log in with 2FA again.. Annoying!

Ron.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 4:00 pm

Anyone having issues logging in today?

Getting the following error "There are errors in your form, please try again"

EDIT: Sort of figured it out, has something to do with cookies I think. Logging in using in incognito mode works. But the problem now is that I can't login on the app since it opens up a normal browser window. Has anyone encountered such an issue before, and if so, was there a fix?

Last edited by pentiumvi; Sep 18, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Anyone having issues logging in today?

Getting the following error "There are errors in your form, please try again"

EDIT: Sort of figured it out, has something to do with cookies I think. Logging in using in incognito mode works. But the problem now is that I can't login on the app since it opens up a normal browser window. Has anyone encountered such an issue before, and if so, was there a fix?
Having same problem signing into the app. This started around 1630 yesterday.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by NordsFan
Having same problem signing into the app. This started around 1630 yesterday.
Wanted to say that I fixed my issue by clearing cookies on my phone browser.
DotsTheWarlock likes this.

Last edited by pentiumvi; Sep 19, 2022 at 10:03 pm
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:29 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I had yet to be afflicted by this stupid 2FA thing until today, but got hit twice today, once logging in to my account on my desktop, second time logging in to my dad's account on my phone.

What part of disabling 2FA doesn't AC understand, and what did some idiot screw up to make this stop working?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:30 am

Is there a reason why EVERY time I log into my account on the website using my Aeroplan #, I have to wait for a verification code to be sent to my email account before being able to log in? I get when you're on a new device, but it's every single time on the same device.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Smile

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Wanted to say that I fixed my issue by clearing cookies on my phone browser.
Very helpful. I just did that and things are functioning normally again. Thank you.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I had yet to be afflicted by this stupid 2FA thing until today, but got hit twice today, once logging in to my account on my desktop, second time logging in to my dad's account on my phone.

What part of disabling 2FA doesn't AC understand, and what did some idiot screw up to make this stop working?
They just adjusted some policies (due to possible global fraud activity they have observed?).
Both me and P2 have our app session logged out and forced to re-login, with 2FA prompt (we have our 2FA disabled).
Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:52 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sha8192
They just adjusted some policies (due to possible global fraud activity they have observed?).
You say that, based on what? Incompetence is usually a better explanation than malice when it comes to these things.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Trying to book with Aeroplan points using my 50% voucher. The total points should be 137,400 but the website is wanting to charge me 274,800. It actually for some reason has 219,567 crossed out and replaced with 274,800. Anyone experience this?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
I get prompted to select my priority reward, which I select before selecting the flight. The aeroplan points required are then 1/2 of the previous points. PS You need to be logged into air Canada account for the pass to come up.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Definitely signed in and it has worked as recently as last weekend for me...probably some IT issue so I will call in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.