Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
I have had the same issue in the past. It happened when I change the default time zone for my laptop from one which is different from where I am physically located. I would be in London, UK, but setting the clock to Canadian Central Time. When I change it back to local time, the message went away. Not sure if this helps.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ou81two
I'm trying to look up rewards on air canada's website. I'm getting the following error.

Please adjust your computer's clock to the correct local time listed below, then return to the sign in page to resume your search.

My computers time is right based on my time zone. Any idea of what this is?
I can pretty much guarantee that either your time zone is wrong, or your time is wrong. I recommend setting it to "Set date and time automatically" (or whatever the option is on non-Mac).
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Looking at the following Aeroplan booking in J for 2 passengers.

YYZ-LHR
LIS-YYZ

When I do multi city booking, each leg works out to about 60k in points for lowest J reward. Should be about 240K in points for 2 people total.

Instead I get a total of about 337K points (plus the taxes).

I see you can't book multi city on the app.

Any thoughts? I guess I can book each leg individually and get the right point total, but that means 2x cancellation fees if I change my mind.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg
Looking at the following Aeroplan booking in J for 2 passengers.

YYZ-LHR
LIS-YYZ

When I do multi city booking, each leg works out to about 60k in points for lowest J reward. Should be about 240K in points for 2 people total.

Instead I get a total of about 337K points (plus the taxes).

I see you can't book multi city on the app.

Any thoughts? I guess I can book each leg individually and get the right point total, but that means 2x cancellation fees if I change my mind.
I'm guessing that it's because there's only one seat at whatever the lowest fare class is, and everyone on the PNR has to be booked into the same fare basis. If that's the case, you can book one single seat for 120k but the second seat will be more.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I'm guessing that it's because there's only one seat at whatever the lowest fare class is, and everyone on the PNR has to be booked into the same fare basis. If that's the case, you can book one single seat for 120k but the second seat will be more.
Thanks, but that's not what is happening. I ended up booking as 2 one way fares at the proper pricing.

Seems there's a glitch in the multi-city booking for Aeroplan rewards. It showed the same way on other flights I was looking at (and not just on low business rewards, flexible ones as well)
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg
Thanks, but that's not what is happening.
Sorry I misread. You did clearly say you could book each *leg* separately, which I missed.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC 75k
A new one to me just happened. With the app dropping trips, I had to log in to the website which was showing trips intact, but I had lost the waitlist upgrade designation. It reappeared today, but when I looked at the return booking online, the first leg doesn't come up. It is intact on the app, but not sure which version I trust AC to be registering. No hint of time or equipment change and my DW and DD are intact on their parallel booking.
I'll give it a couple more days before I start to panic - we leave in 3 days, and I don't want to be burning vacation time and roaming fees on hold.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Booked an itinerary and successfully upgraded to business. Downhill from there.

Computer assigned a seat. I manually changed it to my preferred seat. Next time I looked at the booking, seat reverted to the original system-generated seat. I manually changed it back to my preferred seat. Checked the next day and the seat I picked held. Mentioning this as a data point for others.

Newest issue is that I cannot print the itinerary with the new seat assignment nor can I email it to myself. CSA insisted they could not email me an itinerary with the seat assignment. Clearly wrong since I have had many such itineraries emailed in the past. Thankfully, I have an email confirming upgrade.

When I click print in either the website or the app I get the print pop up screen but I’m not asked for my printer info and nothing happens. Sigh……

Suggestions welcomed.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
For the last several minutes:
We're sorry for the inconvenience. Because of technical difficulties, it's not possible right now to sign in to your Aeroplan account or book an Aeroplan flight reward. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and thank you for your patience.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:52 pm

Seems to be working again. At least, login and pricing reward flights is working...
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Getting an error when I try to load the "my bookings" page. I guess Air Canada doesn't want me to know what my upcoming itineraries are and which ones are already disrupted.

Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Getting an error when I try to load the "my bookings" page. I guess Air Canada doesn't want me to know what my upcoming itineraries are and which ones are already disrupted.

thought it was just me, so decided to come here and check! Guess it’s a system issue!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:57 am

Also getting same "temporarily unavailable" error message but the reason I was trying to access my bookings is because a flight I booked a few days ago doesn't appear in app or browser. Is this a known issue? thx.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:00 pm

Update — still unable to use the print function when I get into my booking. Fortunately, seat still there as I had assigned it. Eventually (a few days post booking) I was able to email myself the itinerary and print from the email. Ridiculous amount of effort for this. Have never had difficulty before printing an itinerary in my many years of flying.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:13 pm

Website is something else.

If you need a laugh look at AC recommended hotels near LAX via their website. Without being asked, the AC website offered me 3 hotels. Two were run-of-the-mill places. I had not heard of the third — Tradewinds All Suite Hotel (Century Blvd). I’m very familiar with LA hotels.

AC claims it’s 3*. No reviews or info on tripadvisor. Very little info online but elsewhere it was a 2*. For a 1 night booking the first room that popped up on the AC website was a double queen with a non-refundable rate of $11481 (not a typo on my part). Underneath, the quoted refundable rate for this room was $176.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.