Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New one to me: unable to process purchase

Error when trying to book:

We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7) _INVLD_TK_GEN
Sam_AE and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Error when trying to book:

We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7) _INVLD_TK_GEN
I was able to book a flight but trying to process an eupgrade and I'm getting this same error message. Same message comes up when I try to access "My bookings",
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
I was able to book a flight but trying to process an eupgrade and I'm getting this same error message. Same message comes up when I try to access "My bookings",
Went back to seat assignment and then tried again to pay and I was able to book. And upgrade. And bought two more tickets.

But now, looking at making changes, I get the same error trying to go to "my bookings."

I suspect it's some sort of a timeout when aircanada.com trying to connect to amadeus.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now an error when confirming seats:

parent.error.SS_SEAT_002 (SS_SEAT_002)
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
These “temporarily unable to process your request” errors keep showing up for me whether I’m trying to access my bookings or see my eUp account.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
These “temporarily unable to process your request” errors keep showing up for me whether I’m trying to access my bookings or see my eUp account.
The cell phone app seems to work better.

As I said earlier, to me it seems the issue is a time out in the connection to Amadeus. When aircanada.coom does not receive an answer/acknowledgement from amadeus within a certain time, it gives up with that error message. Error being indeed temporary. However when it happens at the point where you e trying to purchase, could get nasty.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I'm also getting the eupg.error._INVLD_TK_GEN when I try to upgrade immediately after booking. It seems to fix itself when I try later on, so maybe there is something happening where ticketing isn't happening as quickly as it was before? No idea.

My sequence has always been:
1. Book flight (usually Lat flight pass)
2. Pick Seats
3. eUpgrade

I get this error between steps 2 and 3, where as before it always worked perfectly.
YULRvR likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by AskTravis
I'm also getting the eupg.error._INVLD_TK_GEN when I try to upgrade immediately after booking. It seems to fix itself when I try later on, so maybe there is something happening where ticketing isn't happening as quickly as it was before? No idea.

2. Pick Seats
3. eUpgrade

I get this error between steps 2 and 3, where as before it always worked perfectly.
I'm also getting the same error code when trying to view my bookings listing. Lovely.
Only way to view a booking right now is to find the PNR and then plugging it into the My Bookings tab.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Is anyone aware of an issue where Premium Economy is not coming up when trying to book using Points on the website and app?

Trying YYZ to YVR for several dates and only Economy and Business show up.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA, B6, WN
Can't add UA FF number on website

I booked a trip on AC for Labor Day weekend and want to add my UA Mileage Plus number - when I do it online and hit Submit I keep getting an error. Had no problem adding my TTN to the reservation. . Anyone else have this problem? It's an Economy Standard (G class) fare. If this persists, would I be able to add it at the airport? Don't fly AC or UA much and it's a short trip but miles is miles.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MelP
I booked a trip on AC for Labor Day weekend and want to add my UA Mileage Plus number - when I do it online and hit Submit I keep getting an error. Had no problem adding my TTN to the reservation. . Anyone else have this problem? It's an Economy Standard (G class) fare. If this persists, would I be able to add it at the airport? Don't fly AC or UA much and it's a short trip but miles is miles.
yes, I had this issue. Adding it to anyone in my Aeroplan profile didn’t work. Also, adding it for my kids on a new reservation (after it failed to be added in their profile) wouldn’t work…I entered it and didn’t show an error or anything, but just didn’t show up at all after booking (nothing indicating anything was wrong - just noticed the info didn’t show up under kids names like it did for mine and my wife). Incidentally, adding it while booking for my wife did work, even though it wouldn’t work for the kids.

I was able to eventually get the kids numbers added to the reservation by calling. I was then also able to add it their profile properly (for next time, I guess) by adding it in the app. Website doesn’t seem to accept it.
MelP likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:40 am

AC sometimes has bug with changing the ff number, the two way is calling air Canada or go to check in counter or kioasks to add it, or wait for another day it might be work
MelP and asovse1 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:25 am

I want to make a change to the return trip of a latitude booking where the outbound is already flown. The web site is letting me do this and even offering better prices than I was expected.

However I want to have a connection at YYZ (maybe this is a cry for help) to earn a few extra miles. The web site is offering 2h20 and 2h47 connections but as long as I'm connecting there I would prefer to have extra time. Is there any way to encourage the web site to offer longer connections? I can't do a "multi-city" search because it's a flight change, all I can enter is a new destination.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by AskTravis

2. Pick Seats
3. eUpgrade

This happened to me too, couldn't access my bookings to do an eUp. Ended up calling in and got it arranged. The wait time was only about 5 mins.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Flightpass system down

Last night for several hours I tried booking India flights on the Flightpass App and on AC site on desktop using two browsers and private tab. None worked the app gave a initialize booking error and the website an RC =RIP component = service fault error. Called Super Elite number and they said they couldn't book it and call concierge.
Today I tried again with same errors and then called the Concierge number, she wasn't able to book it got errors. She then called help desk which also got errors when they tried.
Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.