Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:40 pm

Is my Aeroplan redemption correct?

Hello FlyerTalk Members,

Please let me know your feedback on this Aeroplan redemption booking whether I was billed correctly today by the agent.

Route
Dec 25: YYZ-Cairo with Egypt Air (Y class)
Dec 31: ASW-CAI-DXB-MCT-AMD(India). [CAI to AMD is in J class. ASW to DXB is with Egypt Air and DXB-MCT is with Oman Air and Muscat to AMD is with Air India]

I was charged 85K Aeroplan points + $210 including booking fees.

Is this redemption correct or was I charged more.

Please let me know if you need moe information. Thank you. Appreciate it.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by irfan1729
Hello FlyerTalk Members,

Please let me know your feedback on this Aeroplan redemption booking whether I was billed correctly today by the agent.

Route
Dec 31: ASW-CAI-DXB-MCT-AMD(India). [CAI to AMD is in J class. ASW to DXB is with Egypt Air and DXB-MCT is with Oman Air and Muscat to AMD is with Air India]

I was charged 85K Aeroplan points + $210 including booking fees.

Is this redemption correct or was I charged more.

Please let me know if you need moe information. Thank you. Appreciate it.
YYZ-CAI (5746mi) in Y on MS should be 40k.

ASW-CAI-DXB-MCT-AMD (3065mi) in J should be 45k.

The fees seem reasonable.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by kalderlake

Thanks for your prompt analysis. Appreciate it.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

Currently looking at the following for the return leg of an Asia trip next year:

TPE-MUC (EVA)
MUC-LHR (LH)
LHR-YYZ (AC)

A few questions:

1. The 2nd flight is scheduled for arrival in LHR at 15:45, I found a LHR-YYZ flight the next day departing at 15:00. Since it's just within 24 hours, this would still be considered a layover correct?

2. How would the taxes and fees be calculated on this ticket? The TPE-MUC-LHR segment shows up on Aeroplan with $90 in taxes/fees, and the LHR-YYZ segment shows as $342. Would it simply just be $90 + $342?

3. According to my calculations, this award should price at 85000 points, just wanted to confirm if this is correct.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by jason013
Would it simply just be $90 + $342?
Thanks in advance!
No, a lot of the $342 is LHR departure taxes which you would not be paying as you are under 24hrs.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:36 pm

I talked to Aeroplan agent today and they quoted me 80K in Y class for YYZ-AUH-AMD(Stopver)-SIN-HKT.
YYZ-AMD leg is with Etihad and AMD-HKT leg is with Singapore Airlines. The agent said it will be >100K points if i use Etihad too for the AMD-HKT leg.

I thought it should be 65K points(5k for stopver) but instead they quoted me 80K points.

Please advise what i should do. Thank you. Appreciate it.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:14 pm

I talked to Aeroplan agent today and they quoted me 80K in Y class for YYZ-AUH-AMD(Stopver)-SIN-HKT.
YYZ-AMD leg is with Etihad and AMD-HKT leg is with Singapore Airlines. The agent said it will be >100K points if i use Etihad too for the AMD-HKT leg.

I thought it should be 65K points(5k for stopver) but instead they quoted me 80K points.

Please advise what i should do. Thank you. Appreciate it.
You're over 11k North America to Pacific, so it would be 75k plus 5k for the stopover.

GCM
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:52 pm

You're over 11k North America to Pacific, so it would be 75k plus 5k for the stopover.

GCM

Thank you. Appreciate your prompt reply.

I guess I will terminate my journey at Singapore then and buy an independent ticket to HKT.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:59 pm

Thank you. Sorry I am a noob so please bear with me.

So far I have booked these in one itinerary.

They have charged me 85K.

Is it possible to add another flight AMD-SIN or AMD-HKT to this same itinerary with a stopover in AMD.If yes, how many points should that be.

Please let me know. Thank you. Appreciate it.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:46 pm

Thank you. Sorry I am a noob so please bear with me.

So far I have booked these in one itinerary.

They have charged me 85K.

Is it possible to add another flight AMD-SIN or AMD-HKT to this same itinerary with a stopover in AMD.If yes, how many points should that be.

Please let me know. Thank you. Appreciate it.
You can find the charts (and a good explanation of the program) here:

PoT

And you can use Great Circle Mapper (in my previous post) to find out how how many miles each bound is.

So since either bound is over 5,000 miles, you would pay 80k points in J for ASW-CAI-DXB-MCT-AMD(stopover)-SIN/HKT plus 5k for the stopover, in addition to the 40k points for YYZ-CAI in Y.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:14 pm

You can find the charts (and a good explanation of the program) here:

PoT

And you can use Great Circle Mapper (in my previous post) to find out how how many miles each bound is.

So since either bound is over 5,000 miles, you would pay 80k points in J for ASW-CAI-DXB-MCT-AMD(stopover)-SIN/HKT plus 5k for the stopover, in addition to the 40k points for YYZ-CAI in Y.
Thanks. Should they charge me more points if the AMD to HKT is via AUH or it doesn't matter how I reach to HKT whether via AMD-SIN-HKT or AMD-AUH-HKT?

Last edited by irfan1729; Jul 26, 2022 at 9:24 pm
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Thanks. Should they charge me more points if the AMD to HKT is via AUH or it doesn't matter how I reach to HKT whether via AMD-SIN-HKT or AMD-AUH-HKT?
It depends on whether you cross over to the next mileage band.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
It depends on whether you cross over to the next mileage band.
I absoultely would. Thanks for your insights.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:55 am

In addition to the extra mileage, if this is a one-way with stop-over, I thought you cannot transit the same airport twice.

You already did YYZ-AUH-AMD, so you may not be able to do AMD-AUH-HKT as part of the same one way trip.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
In addition to the extra mileage, if this is a one-way with stop-over, I thought you cannot transit the same airport twice.

You already did YYZ-AUH-AMD, so you may not be able to do AMD-AUH-HKT as part of the same one way trip.
The poster isn't doing YYZ-AUH-AMD, they're doing YYZ-CAI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.