Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by fbrdky
Maybe try to call again? With new hires, they may not be aware of stopovers or put them in.
Certainly an option but the prospect of waiting an hour on hold each time I reckon may be too much. Also this last agent I spoke to seemed to know what she was talking about (I think she's Japanese). She tried some mock bookings to figure out where things would price correctly (i.e. SYD > TYO > YYZ) and that worked.

Would be curious if I booked an award entirely with partners (i.e. EY, VA, LX, TP) whether that would price out correct?

-RooFlyer88
Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by kangarooflyer88
Thanks for the prompt reply here. One other question if I may ask. Suppose I was to find an all partner award such as: SYD (origin) > MEL > AUH > ZRH (stopover) > YUL (final destination) would that also require validation or could it be booked out directly for 110K miles?

-RooFlyer88
Yes, that should theoretically work.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by kangarooflyer88
Thanks for the prompt reply here. One other question if I may ask. Suppose I was to find an all partner award such as: SYD (origin) > MEL > AUH > ZRH (stopover) > YUL (final destination) would that also require validation or could it be booked out directly for 110K miles?

-RooFlyer88
All partner awards still need to be validated for other routing rules, mostly covered here, but it doesn't need to comply with the cash routing rules.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:00 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to book a relatively simply (I think) stopover route in J, but was getting a non-stopover price quote from the agent I was speaking to. I'm looking to book IAD - AUH - MLE (stopover) - BAH - SIN. I expect the price to be about 110,000 points, but was quoted something like 240,000. Does anyone know if I'm breaking some sort of routing rules or if I just need to try a different agent? First bound is with Etihad and second with Gulf Air if that matters.

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by westtoeast
Hello,

I'm trying to book a relatively simply (I think) stopover route in J, but was getting a non-stopover price quote from the agent I was speaking to. I'm looking to book IAD - AUH - MLE (stopover) - BAH - SIN. I expect the price to be about 110,000 points, but was quoted something like 240,000. Does anyone know if I'm breaking some sort of routing rules or if I just need to try a different agent? First bound is with Etihad and second with Gulf Air if that matters.

Thanks!
This looks like it should be priced as you've indicated, but are you using the term Bounds with the agent? If so, don't. This is a single bound itinerary with a stopover. Multiple bounds would cause it to be priced separately.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
This looks like it should be priced as you've indicated, but are you using the term Bounds with the agent? If so, don't. This is a single bound itinerary with a stopover. Multiple bounds would cause it to be priced separately.
Thanks for the quick feedback! That was the language they used with me which is why I was getting confused. I also enquired as to why it was coming back with that price and they mentioned something about there not being a partnership between Etihad and Gulf Air which doesn't make any sense..
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, ALL Diamond, WestJet Gold
Apologies in advance for the noob questions - every time I get ready to call in to book my multi city honeymoon itinerary, I pull the flights up and the prices have changed dramatically. Most of the time it has gone up, sometimes they go down. For the last month I had been able to see some of those fixed point awards, but now I'm not seeing any at all for the long haul flights.

I'm trying to go:

Oct 10: Moncton (YQM) - Cairo (CAI) stopover, then Cairo (CAI) to Luxor (LXR) on Oct 12
Oct 18: Aswan (ASW) - Amman (AMM)
Oct 22: Amman (AMM) - Moncton (YQM)

I had it at a bit over 140,000 in J (before priority reward discount). Now I'm at 294,000 ( 177,100 in Flexible J from Moncton-Cairo (going through Toronto and 79,500 in latitude and 11 eUps each for Amman-Moncton). And that 177,100 for the outbound was actually 168,800 when I started typing this post.

So - is there something I am not doing properly or has something changed? Or that's just the way it is? Anyone have suggestions on how to get there cheaper?

Another question - if I call in to book this multi city itinerary and one segment changes, can they just change that or does the whole booking need to be redone?

Thanks for guidance - had everything perfect, screwed the pooch for a few days, and not I'm looking at more than double what I was
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
When dynamic pricing is in play for AC flights, AC requires the itinerary to be validated against the routing rules of the underlying cash fare. I doubt this would be a valid routing for a cash SYD-YXU fare.
When putting together an itinerary including AC flights, is there a way to determine whether the AC award space is dynamically priced?

Check if AC award is available through other *A programs?

I assume that if the AC segments are booking into X/I, then only award routing rules would apply?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
When putting together an itinerary including AC flights, is there a way to determine whether the AC award space is dynamically priced?
The answer is yes. There is a way, it's "is there an AC flight involved".
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Hoogaar
Apologies in advance for the noob questions - every time I get ready to call in to book my multi city honeymoon itinerary, I pull the flights up and the prices have changed dramatically. Most of the time it has gone up, sometimes they go down. For the last month I had been able to see some of those fixed point awards, but now I'm not seeing any at all for the long haul flights.

I'm trying to go:

Oct 10: Moncton (YQM) - Cairo (CAI) stopover, then Cairo (CAI) to Luxor (LXR) on Oct 12
Oct 18: Aswan (ASW) - Amman (AMM)
Oct 22: Amman (AMM) - Moncton (YQM)

I had it at a bit over 140,000 in J (before priority reward discount). Now I'm at 294,000 ( 177,100 in Flexible J from Moncton-Cairo (going through Toronto and 79,500 in latitude and 11 eUps each for Amman-Moncton). And that 177,100 for the outbound was actually 168,800 when I started typing this post.

So - is there something I am not doing properly or has something changed? Or that's just the way it is? Anyone have suggestions on how to get there cheaper?

Another question - if I call in to book this multi city itinerary and one segment changes, can they just change that or does the whole booking need to be redone?

Thanks for guidance - had everything perfect, screwed the pooch for a few days, and not I'm looking at more than double what I was
Can you reverse your booking method?

Try going from YQM to CAI via YUL and LHR (Latitude upgrade YUL-LHR) and then back from AMM to YQM via YYZ with MS, MS and AC?

Save the 5k for the stopover, pay cash or points for flights to LXR, ASW and/or AMM.
Hoogaar likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Is this something that should be easily bookable all on one ticket by calling in?

YOW-YYZ-CAI-FCO (STOP) > FCO-MUC-AMS (STOP)> AMS- LIS-YYZ-YOW

Is this counted as YOW-FCO (Bound 1) and the FCO-YOW as Bound 2, with an added STOP at AMS on the 2nd Bound?

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by kalderlake
Can you reverse your booking method?

Try going from YQM to CAI via YUL and LHR (Latitude upgrade YUL-LHR) and then back from AMM to YQM via YYZ with MS, MS and AC?

Save the 5k for the stopover, pay cash or points for flights to LXR, ASW and/or AMM.
Thanks for the tip. I like the return with Austrian and AC, and I have some eUps that would likely otherwise expire, so I'm fine using those.

However after reading your reply, I looked at different options, and saw that I could actually go through YQM-YUL-LGA, change to JFK and do MS in J direct to Cairo which would get me in at 9:45AM which would actually really help with my itinerary. I saw it at 67,000 last night. And then of course this morning, that routing is nowhere to be found. I can still do a multi-city going YQM-LGA, and then JFK-CAI, but that is 19k+70k. Still much better than 170k.

Since it's our honeymoon, I really wanted to treat my wife to nice J class seats and things like the Signature suite at YYZ, but 100,000 points seems like a lot for a couple of hours in a fancier lounge and a bigger pod.

Anyway - thanks for the reply. Helped me find a much better option for us. Still open to other suggestions on better/cheaper ways to cross the pond. Either flying from/to different cities or whatever.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Plumber
Is this something that should be easily bookable all on one ticket by calling in?

YOW-YYZ-CAI-FCO (STOP) > FCO-MUC-AMS (STOP)> AMS- LIS-YYZ-YOW

Is this counted as YOW-FCO (Bound 1) and the FCO-YOW as Bound 2, with an added STOP at AMS on the 2nd Bound?

Thanks
FCO would be your destination, not a stop. AMS is a stop and would cost the extra 5K. This should be bookable by calling in.
Plumber likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:32 pm

Another question - instead of having another segment, could I use a stop in the following way:

Aswan - Cairo - Amman, stop (4 days), then Amman - Vienna - Toronto - Moncton?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:47 am

Currently I have the following booked at 75k:
YYC-FRA-ZAG
MUC-ZRH-YVR

Ideally I'd like to stay a couple days in ZAG, then fly ZAG-MUC-CPH. Tried adding ZAG-MUC-CPH and was told a stopover would not be possible as I had open jaw origin/end plus open jaw in the middle. Thought it was just two oneways with new AE? HUACA?

Second question, if the final return leg of ZRH-YVR is AC, touching it may result in a reprice, but messing with the outbound should be ok?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.