Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by flytheheat_71
I have it on good authority that if you are going from 25K to 35K, the status change will kick in as soon as you cross the $50K threshold (by cycle date measurement) and be valid for the remainder of the current calendar year and the next one (even though the Ts and Cs say otherwise). For all other Level Ups (35-50, 50-75, 75-SE100) the upgrade will not process until the start of the following calendar year.
This is awesome !!
Just to clarify, when we say "calendar year" how do they treat a billing cycle that start in december and ends in january ? Would the charges be split between the two years, or would all the charges be counted against the previous year (the year ending in December), or the next year (the year starting in January) ?
Also is there a way to track the cumulative total spend for the card account on the Chase app or website ? Asking this since reaching $50000 might not be that simple, so if I'm going to try this, then I need to make sure I know exactly how much I need to spend.
Old May 26, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: E50K, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Covidian98
This is awesome !!
Just to clarify, when we say "calendar year" how do they treat a billing cycle that start in december and ends in january ? Would the charges be split between the two years, or would all the charges be counted against the previous year (the year ending in December), or the next year (the year starting in January) ?
Also is there a way to track the cumulative total spend for the card account on the Chase app or website ? Asking this since reaching $50000 might not be that simple, so if I'm going to try this, then I need to make sure I know exactly how much I need to spend.
To your first query re: billing cycle - the charges would be split between the two years. All charges posted by December 31 will count to Year X's spend, while all transactions posted Jan 1 or beyond will count to year X+1's. That said, I do have a (strong) feeling that if you are close and need your activity date vs. posted date to be honoured, it would be taken care of.
To your second query re: cumulative total spend - I believe a feature that enables exactly what you are talking about will be pushed live sometime in the back half of this year. (hopefully Q3)
Old May 27, 2022, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by flytheheat_71
I have it on good authority that if you are going from 25K to 35K, the status change will kick in as soon as you cross the $50K threshold (by cycle date measurement) and be valid for the remainder of the current calendar year and the next one (even though the Ts and Cs say otherwise). For all other Level Ups (35-50, 50-75, 75-SE100) the upgrade will not process until the start of the following calendar year.
I'm planning on going from 50K to 75K for 2023, so I'm actually hoping for a week or two processing time here so I can (hopefully) select multiple choice benefits for each tier.
Old May 27, 2022, 11:04 am

This is awesome !!
They do already track monthly spend for the 500pts per $2k bonus, which is based on calendar month and not statement month, so they should (hopefully) have a seamless way to track it for EOY as well.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:00 pm

Rollover question

As a new Chase Aeroplan cardholders, I get 25K status for 2022 and 2023, so does this mean that all my 2022 SQM will be rolled over to 2023, if it wasn’t used to get status ?
For example, suppose I have 15000 SQM in 2022 , will that be rolled over so I start 2023 with 15000 SQM ?
What if I accumulate 30000 SQM in 2022 - will it also all roll over so I only need to get an additional 5000 SQM in 2023 to qualify for 35K status in the following year ?
Old May 28, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
As a new Chase Aeroplan cardholders, I get 25K status for 2022 and 2023, so does this mean that all my 2022 SQM will be rolled over to 2023, if it wasn’t used to get status ?
For example, suppose I have 15000 SQM in 2022 , will that be rolled over so I start 2023 with 15000 SQM ?
What if I accumulate 30000 SQM in 2022 - will it also all roll over so I only need to get an additional 5000 SQM in 2023 to qualify for 35K status in the following year ?
The chase card (unlike the premium Canadian cards) doesn’t have any rollover benefits. You will get the 25k status but will have to earn your SQM and SQD with flying each year unless there is another promo.

If you meet the $50k spend you can earn a status boost (one level) of what you’ve earned so in effect you lower requirements for status each year, but you’re always starring at zero for the SQM and SQD.
lsquare and abc5 like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
The chase card (unlike the premium Canadian cards) doesn’t have any rollover benefits. You will get the 25k status but will have to earn your SQM and SQD with flying each year unless there is another promo.

If you meet the $50k spend you can earn a status boost (one level) of what you’ve earned so in effect you lower requirements for status each year, but you’re always starring at zero for the SQM and SQD.
Thanks. I actually also have the TD Aeroplan Visa Privilege card, but based on what I read on the rollover thread, it seems that only SQM above 25K would be rolled over to next year.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
The chase card (unlike the premium Canadian cards) doesn’t have any rollover benefits.
Just to be clear I think the Chase card counts as a "core" card, not a "premium" card. And it has the annual fee to match -- $95USD comparable with the $130 for Canadian "core" cards. The "premium" cards are $400-600 annual fees.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:22 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
<moderator hat> Please note there's a dedicated thread for the credit card rollover benefits. </moderator hat>
Old May 28, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Just to be clear I think the Chase card counts as a "core" card, not a "premium" card. And it has the annual fee to match -- $95USD comparable with the $130 for Canadian "core" cards. The "premium" cards are $400-600 annual fees.
Didn’t mean to imply the Chase Card was premium, I was differentiating it from the benefits of the premium cards which happen to be in Canada.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
How long do the certificates take to post and where is it located? Can't seem to find it on the account..
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
How long do the certificates take to post and where is it located? Can't seem to find it on the account..
They post after the billing statement closes on the month that you meet the spending requirement. They were in my "Available benefits" section of the profile.
frudd38 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:04 am

Well this is about the easiest 15,000 points I've earned in a while. Thanks Chase!

Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by gigafishing
Well this is about the easiest 15,000 points I've earned in a while. Thanks Chase!

Is this a targeted promo as I never got this promo - I am already abroad and this is absolutely fantastic. Did you receive it as an email ?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:12 am

Just came in for me this morning - not sure if it's targeted. Though I struggled in the past to get emailed Aeroplan promo emails so it seems to be working now. Fine print says it starts today so check how your transactions from today post in a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.