Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Mine posted with the statement credits when I passed the threshold. However, there seems to an issue right now with the feed that everyone seems to be experiencing. My March statement points have not made it to Aeroplan so suspect until that is fixed that nothing will happen.
My statement closed in the last week of February. It's been over two weeks and still no points or the new cardholder bonus (the 50K certificates) have yet to credit. I think that since Chase and Aeroplan and relatively new partners the transfers are encountering some technical difficulties.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:09 pm

Same here, the only Chase points that posted to my Aeroplan were those earned during my first statement in February. Nothing since, and it’s been 2 weeks since my March statement closed (during which I also met the $4000 minimum spend).

I spoke to four Chase CSRs and none of them could pull up any info regarding Aeroplan, and all four were quick to try and connect me to Aeroplan.

One hour on hold with Aeroplan, but thankfully with a very helpful CSR who confirmed with her supervisor that they had already received dozens of reports from Chase customers who do not see their points or 50k certificates appearing after statement close and minimum spend has been met.

The Aeroplan supervisor informed me they would be sending a note to their head office in order to look escalate this issue with Chase.

Absolutely shameful customer service on the part of Chase, and hilarious that the account holders are left trying to help a Bank and a Airline figure out how to transfer points in a timely manner

Last edited by Zoni89; Mar 12, 2022 at 3:16 pm
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:02 pm

If you were planning to use your certificates for travel on Air Canada metal and it's not 3+ months out AND you have access to UR or MR to make your booking, I would advise you to transfer and just do it now. I was planning on using my points on a booking around Memorial Day from Mexico. The fares just went up, and Aeroplan redemptions floated up with the increase in revenue fares. Waiting for your vouchers to arrive may result in you spending a lot more miles. Especially since the vouchers remain valid as long as you retain the card, and the card is worth retaining for 3x on groceries which is a bonus category that doesn't exist for Chase UR except when it's a quarterly category for Chase Freedom Flex.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I wish either Chase or Aeroplan would communicate with us. My statement closed on February 28th. I only have the 10k wait-list bonus in my Aeroplan account.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
I wish either Chase or Aeroplan would communicate with us. My statement closed on February 28th. I only have the 10k wait-list bonus in my Aeroplan account.
I received an email from Chase this week with the subject, “Congratulations, you’ve earned your 2 Welcome Flight Rewards.” But like everyone else here, my certificates and spending points are nowhere to be seen…
Old Mar 14, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by aabbcc
I received an email from Chase this week with the subject, “Congratulations, you’ve earned your 2 Welcome Flight Rewards.” But like everyone else here, my certificates and spending points are nowhere to be seen…
I had the opposite experience. Just received the same email, but my flight rewards had posted a month ago. Something definitely not right in this interface.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:15 am

Do you get the 25 E upgrade certs each year for having only the Chase card only because the card gives you 25K Elite status? Or those E upgrades certs have to be actually earned ie actually qualified for 25K status
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, AC 25k, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I have yet to even receive the email. Cross the minimum spend last month
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:04 pm

yep, got the same email, no certs in Aeroplan account yet... :sad
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:55 pm

Chase Aeroplan CC miles

Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat..
10,000 waitlist miles received.
Statement closed Jan 20th, miles received.
Statement closed Feb20th, miles yet to be seen (also met $4,000 min spend with this closing statement, certs yet to be seen/email not received).
Called Chase, directed to Aeroplan (CSR said miles were sent to Aeroplan on Feb 20th). Contacted Aeroplan, no information/unable to see the miles from Chase.
When attempting to file missing mileage claim on Aeroplan website, directed to contact Chase.
Definitely a system issue.. Only 5 days until my next statement closes, worried the miles will disappear into the IT wormhole.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, AC 25k, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Certificates magically appeared this morning -- no email or notice or anything, just spotted them in my account under Benefits
Used immediately.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by simondad
Certificates magically appeared this morning -- no email or notice or anything, just spotted them in my account under Benefits
Used immediately.
Mine show up in my account too, but I can't seem to redeem them. Search result page just shows "no benefit available" message and when I click on that it shows this message under the cretificates "We're sorry. We're not able to retrieve your reward details right now. Please try again later."
They must still be updating the backend or something.

Still don't see the points from my Feb statement in the account...
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:10 am

Same here. Called Aeroplan and was told that Chase has not transferred them the points yet. Statement closed 3/4. Called Chase twice and they escalated the matter, but so far, to no avail.

​​​​​​My Chase/Aeroplan card is plagued with problems. From ApplePay not working at grocery stores in the US or not at all in Canada, to not receiving my Aeroplan points in a timely fashion, to receiving a fraud alert while I'm filling up my car 2 miles from my house, but no alert when I make a phone transaction of over $1000.00. For the points not posting, Chase is putting the blame on Aeroplan and vice-versa. So far, I'm not impressed.

At least my two 50k certs. have posted.

My statement points have just posted. It took 13 days after closing of statement.
yyzgigi and LETTERBOY like this.

Last edited by envol; Mar 17, 2022 at 12:05 pm Reason: addendum
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by xxmwxx
Mine show up in my account too, but I can't seem to redeem them. Search result page just shows "no benefit available" message and when I click on that it shows this message under the cretificates "We're sorry. We're not able to retrieve your reward details right now. Please try again later."
They must still be updating the backend or something.

Still don't see the points from my Feb statement in the account...
It looks like the issue with the certificates was because I had 3 passengers on the reservation. Apparently Air Canada's system isn't smart enough to only apply the 2 certificates to the first 2 adults on the reservation. Instead when using the certificates it has to be a maximum of 2 people for a one-way reservation or 1 person for a roundtrip. If you have more people you need to book them separately. Wasted hours on hold with them yesterday trying to figure it out.

Also it looks like the miles for the Feb statement just posted to my Aeroplan account so I'm guessing they are working through the backlog now...
Explore SE Asia and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by envol
Same here. Called Aeroplan and was told that Chase has not transferred them the points yet. Statement closed 3/4. Called Chase twice and they escalated the matter, but so far, to no avail.

​​​​​​My Chase/Aeroplan card is plagued with problems. From ApplePay not working at grocery stores in the US or not at all in Canada, to not receiving my Aeroplan points in a timely fashion, to receiving a fraud alert while I'm filling up my car 2 miles from my house, but no alert when I make a phone transaction of over $1000.00. For the points not posting, Chase is putting the blame on Aeroplan and vice-versa. So far, I'm not impressed.

At least my two 50k certs. have posted.
You ever solve the Apple Pay issue? Kept asking me for a PIN in grocery stores and I had to resort to the physical card. Apple Pay works fine everywhere else though.
envol likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.