Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onetouchpass
How does one see/access their status code? Couldn't find it on AC/AP site.
Book a flight, use https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...a-cowtool.html, and hover over your status.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Book a flight, use https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...a-cowtool.html, and hover over your status.
Should've known; only tool I haven't bookmarked. Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Just renewed my Nexus card; probably should have thought of the pain of this application before visiting 50 countries in the last 5 years. The $50 Nexus fee credit was applied immediately after the pending charge. Although it is not a big expense, glad to finally have a card that pays for this, over the many useless Global Entry credits that I already have from other cards.
m.y likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Still getting runaround

Originally Posted by psiachp
Thanks. No luck here, called Chase which has such bad service for this card - all they know to do is patch one to Aeroplan, which is futile re: long waits. Has anyone ever had decent service here getting the miles they are entitled to?
Has no one else has a problem getting their bonus 10K? I called yet again to Chase who gave me a runaround, and said the 10K comes from Aeroplan and has nothing to do with Chase...
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by psiachp
Has no one else has a problem getting their bonus 10K? I called yet again to Chase who gave me a runaround, and said the 10K comes from Aeroplan and has nothing to do with Chase...
As far as I know it was one of the most seamless bonus postings we've seen.

But I think Chase is correct.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:10 pm

Waitlist Timeline

Curious what the overall ETA was for people for the 10K waitlist + 10 eUps to post after approval? I'm assuming that is not tied to the minimum spending requirement. I'm already Elite 35K so I'm not concerned about the status so much. I got approved at the end of Jan and just got the card today / activated it today. I couldn't seem to get a definite answer reading the previous posts.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat/UA 1K/Delta Platinum
when you signup for this card you get elevated to 25k, and with 15k spend you keep 25k and with 50k spend you would get elevated to 35k for the next year.

My question is do you actually start with 25k sqm? So if i wanted to fly to get to 35k, would i have to fly 35k sqm.. or just an additional 10k sqm?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by ambush276
when you signup for this card you get elevated to 25k, and with 15k spend you keep 25k and with 50k spend you would get elevated to 35k for the next year.

My question is do you actually start with 25k sqm? So if i wanted to fly to get to 35k, would i have to fly 35k sqm.. or just an additional 10k sqm?
No, you unfortunately you don't get the SQM or SQD. You need to fly and earn them. If you do hit the $50k in spend though on the card and you fly and earn E35 status you'd be elevated to the next level of E50.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by shaibu
Trying to find more info on the "Priority Reward voucher" and Global+1 benefits that are mentioned in the various websites (but not on chase or air canada) https://princeoftravel.com/blog/the-...aeroplan-card/ or https://thepointsguy.com/news/air-ca...e-credit-card/

Anyone have official info on this? thanks!
Just got my flight reward and found a link to the official Air Canada documentation including detailed T&Cs:

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...ificate.html#/
Old Feb 9, 2022, 12:06 pm

Thanks, but I am asking about the Priority Reward voucher" and Global+1 benefits not flight reward. As per thepointsguy website the below is included but I don't see it anywhere on the Chase website. Does anyone have any info on the below?

"Air Canada is creating more incentives to spend on the card, with earning thresholds at incremental amounts up to $1 million in spend during a calendar year.
  • Spend $50,000: Existing status holders earn a one-level status boost to 35K status or higher for the next year. That even includes customers who took advantage of a status match opportunity with Destination Canada.
  • Spend $100,000: 50% off Priority Reward when redeeming points.
  • Spend $250,000: 50% off Priority Reward when redeeming points.
  • Spend $500,000: 50% off Priority Reward when redeeming points.
  • Spend $750,000: 50% off Priority Reward when redeeming points.
  • Spend $1 million: Free companion travel for redemption for the remainder of the year and the following year."
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Just got my flight reward and found a link to the official Air Canada documentation including detailed T&Cs:

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...ificate.html#/
How long did your flight reward take to post after you met the minimum spend? I'm about four weeks in, and I'm still not seeing anything.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by grlmopz
How long did your flight reward take to post after you met the minimum spend? I'm about four weeks in, and I'm still not seeing anything.
It was immediately after the monthly statement where I passed the threshold. Would not expect it to post just on the spend, but to be bundled with posting of the points earned on that statement.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:57 am

It's a "calendar month" as stated on your Chase credit card statement.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:05 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Chase always posts welcome bonus' after the statement closes, never mid statement.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by GVA
Chase always posts welcome bonus' after the statement closes, never mid statement.
Sorry, my reply didn’t post in the right place. I was only talking about the 500 bonus/$2000 spend; it runs on a calendar month, not billing cycle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.