Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:27 am

25k Status Timing

All, I just applied and got approved for the card this morning and got a confirmation email that the card and my aeroplan account are now linked. How long did it take for any of you to be awarded 25k status on your aeroplan account?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by mochajj87
All, I just applied and got approved for the card this morning and got a confirmation email that the card and my aeroplan account are now linked. How long did it take for any of you to be awarded 25k status on your aeroplan account?
I applied and got approved today too and it's already showing my 25k status on my Aeroplan account, but for some reason it errors out when I go to pick the 25k status select benefits...

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 1, 2022 at 5:56 pm Reason: Off topic
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan / United / Hyatt / Delta
I am unable to select my benefits for 2022 as well
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:33 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Please note there's a thread on 2022 status benefits, and that issues with privilege selection are not related to the Chase card.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 2, 2022 at 4:44 pm Reason: Fixed formatting
Old Jan 3, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AC E75K
Has anyone seen their regular spend Aeroplan points (not the sign-up or waitlist bonus ones) show up in either Chase or Aeroplan accounts yet?

I charged a few hundred dollars to this card in latter half of December. On the Chase dashboard (at chaseloyalty.chase.com), I see:
  • 0s across the board for "Your earnings so far this year" but this could be because I've not used the card in January yet
  • A bunch of "Recent purchases" with points associated underneath, but no totals anywhere
As for my Aeroplan account, it's on life support so tough to say whether this particular channel of point accumulation is working as it should.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Has anyone seen their regular spend Aeroplan points (not the sign-up or waitlist bonus ones) show up in either Chase or Aeroplan accounts yet?

I charged a few hundred dollars to this card in latter half of December. On the Chase dashboard (at chaseloyalty.chase.com), I see:
  • 0s across the board for "Your earnings so far this year" but this could be because I've not used the card in January yet
  • A bunch of "Recent purchases" with points associated underneath, but no totals anywhere
As for my Aeroplan account, it's on life support so tough to say whether this particular channel of point accumulation is working as it should.
I called Aeroplan this morning on this very topic. Canada-based rep was not even aware of the launch of the Chase Aeroplan card in US. He could see my Aeroplan account was linked to the new card. He suggested that points might get posted from all such Chase cards on the same day of the month. I have not had a Chase rewards card in some time. Is that how they do it? My AA card gets the points posted to AAdvantage a day or two after CC statement close. My Chase close was 12/23. Was planning on giving Chase a call to hear their side of the story.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by ramcm7
I called Aeroplan this morning on this very topic. Canada-based rep was not even aware of the launch of the Chase Aeroplan card in US. He could see my Aeroplan account was linked to the new card. He suggested that points might get posted from all such Chase cards on the same day of the month. I have not had a Chase rewards card in some time. Is that how they do it? My AA card gets the points posted to AAdvantage a day or two after CC statement close. My Chase close was 12/23. Was planning on giving Chase a call to hear their side of the story.
Thank you and please keep us posted if you do call Chase. I’m dealing with so many AC/AP account issues right now I’ll inclined to let this one lie for a bit and hope it gets resolved without my personal involvement. Slightly less seriously, I also wonder if AC/AP might just decide to declare IT bankruptcy given all the issues they’re having…
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Thank you and please keep us posted if you do call Chase.
Chase rep says "rewards system" is currently unavailable. I will try again tomorrow.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:26 pm

Chase rep says "rewards system" is currently unavailable. I will try again tomorrow.
Was able to call today. Rep said he would "escalate" the issue and I should see the Aeroplan miles in my account in 5-7 business days. Noting that this "escalation" is only for the regular miles earned on the first statement which closed 12/23/21, and not the sign-up bonus 2x 50,000 mile certificates + 10,000 miles for responding the initial wait list email. Anyone have better luck with your first statement and SUB?
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:33 pm

Can anyone remember when we signed up for the waitlist did we put our Aeroplan number in?
My waitlist email offers to 10K + upgrade credit bonus, but when I click through the link in the e-mail there is nothing about that.

Many thanks
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:40 am

Was able to call today. Rep said he would "escalate" the issue and I should see the Aeroplan miles in my account in 5-7 business days. Noting that this "escalation" is only for the regular miles earned on the first statement which closed 12/23/21, and not the sign-up bonus 2x 50,000 mile certificates + 10,000 miles for responding the initial wait list email. Anyone have better luck with your first statement and SUB?
Update: My statement for the period 12/09/21 - 01/08/22 just closed and the points transferred to Aeroplan immediately. The rare case of something working as it should!
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
My points posted today too (statement close 12/24) - I think they finally figured it out.

The certificates are now working, and I spent $50k to get the "Level Up" to S100K and that shows in my Status benefits but references "next year" - I am counting on them to fix/figure it out to apply to this year since I spent and earned the benefit last year!
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
My points posted today too (statement close 12/24) - I think they finally figured it out.

The certificates are now working, and I spent $50k to get the "Level Up" to S100K and that shows in my Status benefits but references "next year" - I am counting on them to fix/figure it out to apply to this year since I spent and earned the benefit last year!
Wow you managed to spend $50k in ~2 months?
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
My Aeroplan account is showing 1,000 points less than my Chase statment (2x the 500 point bonus for calendar month spending).

Chase said all looks good on their side and to talk to Aeroplan. Aeroplan said they have no control and have to talk to Chase.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by D582
My Aeroplan account is showing 1,000 points less than my Chase statment (2x the 500 point bonus for calendar month spending).

Chase said all looks good on their side and to talk to Aeroplan. Aeroplan said they have no control and have to talk to Chase.
Same. Not sure if it was from the “escalation”, but points except for 1,000 spend bonus posted. Also seeing 2 reward certificates now noted, but not the 10,000 miles from responding to the waitlist email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.