Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jamesbondc
Did the prices recently go up for tickets with miles? It seems now I can barely find a one way economy for 70k plus miles from TPA to DEL and I think I saw one way business class for 85k miles last year during November when I searched randomly. Unless I understood it wrong. Now the business class ticket with mixed cabin one way showing 110 or above with miles.
If you are having trouble finding flights at prices you like, you may get better luck in the main Aeroplan forum, as that isnt related to the credit card specifically. Briefly, though, the prices didnt go up; there may just not be availability at those prices. Just did a random search and am seeing dates with availability in business class from the US to Delhi for 84,600 miles. But again, this has nothing to do with the credit card
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
I have Aeroplan 35K status in 2024 which I earned on my own (ie flew and spent the required SQDs) in 2023. I decided to cancel my Chase AP card when the AF posted a few days ago. Now that the Chase card has been removed from my Aeroplan profile, it now looks like they've removed my status entirely (?) I'm now down to a basic member? I'm assuming this is some kind of glitch? Going to call AP to see what they have to say but figured I'd see if anyone else had this issue?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC 75k, Bonvoy Titan, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Are you Canadian? I have a DP similar to yours and was able to get my status back. Message me for details.

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
I have Aeroplan 35K status in 2024 which I earned on my own (ie flew and spent the required SQDs) in 2023. I decided to cancel my Chase AP card when the AF posted a few days ago. Now that the Chase card has been removed from my Aeroplan profile, it now looks like they've removed my status entirely (?) I'm now down to a basic member? I'm assuming this is some kind of glitch? Going to call AP to see what they have to say but figured I'd see if anyone else had this issue?
Sam_AE likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:48 am

I was able to connect with a knowledgable person at Aeroplan. She escalated this issue to her help desk -- who, in turn, sent an 'urgent' request to their elite/status department. They can see in my account that I actually earned the 35K status on my own (without any assistance from the Chase card), the help desk indicated that I'm the 3rd person that he's seen with this issue come up. Apparently, the system is programmed to remove all status when the Chase AP card is cancelled -- human intervention is then required to validate actual status. There is no ETA on when the elite team will get to my request.....
Xyzzy and zkzkz like this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:31 am

I was able to connect with a knowledgable person at Aeroplan. She escalated this issue to her help desk -- who, in turn, sent an 'urgent' request to their elite/status department. They can see in my account that I actually earned the 35K status on my own (without any assistance from the Chase card), the help desk indicated that I'm the 3rd person that he's seen with this issue come up. Apparently, the system is programmed to remove all status when the Chase AP card is cancelled -- human intervention is then required to validate actual status. There is no ETA on when the elite team will get to my request.....
Final update. Got a call from Aeroplan this morning -- they have restored my 35K status. Over all it was an annoyance for a few days but they seemed to have figured it out quickly.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:44 pm

Does anyone with the card recall how the card was delivered, via which service and how big the envelope was?

My card was returned to sender. Chase can't tell me why or provide a tracking number or even let me know what carrier was used so I can ask my building's concierge why it might have been refused. They say it "likely" would have been delivered by USPS in a plain regular sized envelope, but if that's the case there's no reason it would have been returned to sender. I'm only at my place in the US sporadically so would like to strategize such that the 2nd attempt doesn't also get returned.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Pretty sure all my Chase cards are standard size envelopes with USPS.
eggsbenedict likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 5:13 pm

That's weird. The flurry of "more info needed" letters from Chase and also some addressed junk mail that I'm 99% sure came from Chase giving out my info all made it into the mailbox fine.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:59 am

Well thanks for the solid data point. I was doubtful that this would be the case and was actually planning on cancelling my card next month. I guess I'm paying another $95 for 25k for the rest of the year while I burn points this year, just so I can use my eupgrades.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:31 am

Aeroplan the Camel has Two Bumps?

Anybody else that spent 50,000 last year just get their status bumped again? Just got bumped up from 50K to 75K after being bumped from 35K to 50K at the beginning of the year. Have to assume it is the Chase bump because (a), I haven’t earned 75K this year and (b), it is only good to the end of this year, not the end of next year as it would be if I earned it.
Unfortunately, haven’t received any select benefits for 50K, now have early recognition benefits for 75K available
Old Apr 22, 2024, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Searched through the thread and seems like Chase / AC emails you have you have achieved $15k in spend and qualify for 25K. Does the 25K apply for the current year if I have no current status with AC? E.g. if I spend 15k by June, after the June statement, will I basically have 25k for June 2024 - Dec 2025?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Anybody else that spent 50,000 last year just get their status bumped again? Just got bumped up from 50K to 75K after being bumped from 35K to 50K at the beginning of the year. Have to assume it is the Chase bump because (a), I haven’t earned 75K this year and (b), it is only good to the end of this year, not the end of next year as it would be if I earned it.
Unfortunately, haven’t received any select benefits for 50K, now have early recognition benefits for 75K available
Has your status stuck? I saw a post on another website saying that they were bumped back down after a few weeks from their SE status.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 10:47 am

No, status didn't stick, they are still messing with it. First they knocked me all the way down to the 35K status that I earned last year, then, a few days later, back to 50K that was the original bump. They removed the 35K status that I had given my wife when I was 75K, however, currently, still have left the 75% bonus on my aeroplan points earned. Currently, I have no option to select benefits for 35K, 50K or 75K. They are clearly still working on it, as sometime overnight or yesterday, they seem to have disconnected my TD Aeroplan infinite as points are not transferring over from it and my rollover SQM are now not rolled over although dashboard still shows them rolled over (dashboard shows about 44,000 SQM with a note that says about 48,000 of the 44,000 are rolled over).
Just riding the AC IT rollercoaster, seeing where I will end up
FlySkyHigh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.