Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Cheap Latitude fares ex-Europe (2021 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

I am looking to fly to Canada from the UK this November. The flights are in economy London to Vancouver return and i can find latitude fares (B fare) for as little as £400 return.

This is a very good deal for a B fare class ticket. Am i missing something here? Looks too good to be true?

Also if i am not mistaken latitude tickets are fully refundable.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Woah

Thanks for positing this. Just booked to yyz for £400 on B as well, and confirmed upgrades
Old Jul 31, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite

Crazy! I was trying to find a way to make it work with one-ways or going from Canada to UK and back but can't seem to do so.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I know right? Never seen such a cheap fully refundable fare in my life!
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Looks like these Latitude fares are not limited to the UK - I booked BCN-LIS-YYZ-SFO and YYZ-MUC-BCN for $812 CAD. Legs from/to BCN in Europe were not AC metal but all long hauls were (on Lieflats)

Great Deal !

CC
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
I booked ZRH-YYZ RT for ~$1100 in B class. Not as cheap as the above, but objectively a really good price (especially considering easy eUpgrades for status holders).
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
These are definitely good fares ex-Europe. I have tried making a booking but keep getting an error. Makes me think it is a glitch that they have are now working on correcting.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
These are definitely good fares ex-Europe. I have tried making a booking but keep getting an error. Makes me think it is a glitch that they have are now working on correcting.
No, I’ve been seeing them for the last 7-8 weeks.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I also had an error on some routings.

I've booked three LHR-SFO, but I might try to replace that with something further and without the APD.

​​​​​​This'll help me hit the threshold gifts. But I'm also waitlisted on 3 of my 6 longhaul flights, which is a shame, especially since they all have P space.

So I definitely wouldn't assume it'll be an "easy" upgrade. If you don't clear before the gate, you'll be pretty low on the list, especially if you're 25K.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So I definitely wouldn't assume it'll be an "easy" upgrade. If you don't clear before the gate, you'll be pretty low on the list, especially if you're 25K.
My other concern with booking some of these routes is that they could get cancelled closer to the date. I’m looking at originating in Germany, say from BER. I see MUC and ZRH flights on the schedule right now, but I think there’s a good chance they could be cancelled closer to the date given recent time tables and one could then be bumped onto a flight via FRA, at which point an upgrade may be difficult to secure unless one is SE.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by pilot007
My other concern with booking some of these routes is that they could get cancelled closer to the date. I’m looking at originating in Germany, say from BER. I see MUC and ZRH flights on the schedule right now, but I think there’s a good chance they could be cancelled closer to the date given recent time tables and one could then be bumped onto a flight via FRA, at which point an upgrade may be difficult to secure unless one is SE.
I wouldn't say "unless" you're SE. But the lower your status, the hardest it is, especially since this is Y, not PY.

But the schedule change is a great point. Even if you only book a flight that can immediately confirmed, if there's a schedule change, your upgrade won't be carried over. At least it's all refundable.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Even if you only book a flight that can immediately confirmed, if there's a schedule change, your upgrade won't be carried over. At least it's all refundable.
It’ll be carried over if there’s space. If not, you can look for alternative flights with upgrade space. It’s not like you’ll have a confirmed upgrade and the credits will disappear if/when AC changes your flight.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:10 pm

Can you get any kind of refund or cancel the return leg of a latitude booking after completing the initial flight? Furthermore, does it change anything if there is a schedule change?
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by z12345
Can you get any kind of refund or cancel the return leg of a latitude booking after completing the initial flight? Furthermore, does it change anything if there is a schedule change?
Technically possible, but the ticket will be repriced as a one way, and usually that means you get very little, if anything, returned.
canadiancow and z12345 like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by yyztozag
It’ll be carried over if there’s space. If not, you can look for alternative flights with upgrade space. It’s not like you’ll have a confirmed upgrade and the credits will disappear if/when AC changes your flight.
I booked three round trips. 3 of the 6 TATL segments have no upgrade space. I don't care what the connection point is between Europe and SFO.

"Alternative flights with upgrade space" are not as likely as you seem to be suggesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.