Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Do you have the SE status reflected in your account yet? IT seems that AC IT is having issues as there have been multiple posts reporting issues in the 2024 thread.
Showing as 75k, dropped down from SE a couple of days ago. The LevelUp is still there (and has been for many months now). I don't see any way to select my 75k benefits. I know it was probably just a glitch last year, but would have been nice to gift 35k status and get some extra eUpgrade credits before I get bumped back to SE.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:01 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by pilot007
Showing as 75k, dropped down from SE a couple of days ago. The LevelUp is still there (and has been for many months now). I don't see any way to select my 75k benefits. Would have been nice to gift 35k status and get some extra eUpgrade credits before I get bumped back to SE.
That would be nice. I wanted to do that last year but the bump up forced the upgrade to SE and the system auto selected my benefits for 75k last year. Would have been nice to select 35k to give to my friend.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
As an AC 2MM which entitles me to 75K for life, am I correct in assuming that I can effectively become SE for life (or at least as long as the "level up" benefit remains in place) by signing up for this card and meeting the level up spend requirements (currently $50,000)?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:38 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by The Lev
As an AC 2MM which entitles me to 75K for life, am I correct in assuming that I can effectively become SE for life (or at least as long as the "level up" benefit remains in place) by signing up for this card and meeting the level up spend requirements (currently $50,000)?
Yes you should be able to do that with the way the T&Cs are worded now. This was also confirmed by Mark Nasr on one of the Zoom calls, the bump will work for any status earned the following year, regardless of how its earned (gifted, rollover, promotional etc.)

Aren't you close to 3MM anyways?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Aren't you close to 3MM anyways?
Probably 5 years away with two banked years and should earn a third one this year, so entirely hypothetical at this point.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My Level Up converted to 50K for a friend sometime in the last couple hours, and I successfully used it.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:09 pm

Level up already processed for me. Didn't get the ability to choose my benefits until the level up processed unlike last year.

Looks like it's also the early recognition benefit choice and not the full one as it says the e-upgrades in the choice is limited to 10.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Smallestduckling
Level up already processed for me. Didn't get the ability to choose my benefits until the level up processed unlike last year.

Looks like it's also the early recognition benefit choice and not the full one as it says the e-upgrades in the choice is limited to 10.
Got my level up too. It does say select your 2023 benefits, so maybe we'll get to select 2024 benefits after selecting 2023? Not sure what to select now.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:37 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RJAdventurer
Got my level up too. It does say select your 2023 benefits, so maybe we'll get to select 2024 benefits after selecting 2023? Not sure what to select now.
I’m going to select extra 2023, and hope it doesn’t cut into 2024? We’ll see, but I guess I’d better act now or maybe lose some bennies. Update: this is absolutely crazy: I selected the wi-fi benefit, and upon clicking on the details, it says near the top that it needs to be selected by December 31, 2024. Further down, it says December 2023...

I did call the Concierge to see if they could reflect my new SE status in a reservation I made while 75K - thereby saving me from an e-upgrade copay as well as boosting my upgrade priority. The answer: since the original booking class is no longer available, the reservation would have to be repriced…

Last edited by Explore; Jan 5, 2024 at 12:59 am
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:49 am

I'm in the same boat - trying to figure out what I should select. I guess if this is it than we should get something for 75k status since nothing was award(thinking out loud if it stays as is)
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
My Level Up converted to 50K for a friend sometime in the last couple hours, and I successfully used it.
Mine did too but I wasn't able to select regular SE status benefits. Do you have the same issue?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:24 am

Programs: AC E75K; SPG Gold; IHG Ambassador; NEXUS
Same as everyone else posting here. My status updated overnight (to 75K), but no new upgrades deposited--just the ability to "select" an additional 10 eups and 75% bonus (among others). I did do that, with the assumption that the additional eups will be forthcoming when it all gets sorted out. I also received the 2,500 rollover Aeroplan points, presumably from passing 60,000 miles, which I did over a month ago.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by Explore
I’m going to select extra 2023, and hope it doesn’t cut into 2024? We’ll see, but I guess I’d better act now or maybe lose some bennies. Update: this is absolutely crazy: I selected the wi-fi benefit, and upon clicking on the details, it says near the top that it needs to be selected by December 31, 2024. Further down, it says December 2023...

I did call the Concierge to see if they could reflect my new SE status in a reservation I made while 75K - thereby saving me from an e-upgrade copay as well as boosting my upgrade priority. The answer: since the original booking class is no longer available, the reservation would have to be repriced…
Consider removing your AP# from the reservation and then reapplying it. That MAY do the trick.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by link2110
Yeah that's what I was afraid of also, but when the expense was charged I didn't really have control over. However, the T&C does say "calendar year" specifically, so I guess I could push back with that if needed. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

So I called Chase today just to see if it needed to be manually pushed, and the agent had no clue what a "Status Level Up" was, after escalating to somebody that did, they put me on hold for about 7-8 min and then told me that it would be processed after my next statement, since I did in fact spend >50k during the previous calendar year.

Statement posts in 10 days so I guess I'll wait and see what happens.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Level Up Retracted

My wife received her SE through a Chase level up from 75K last January, but her status showed SE until Dec 2024 consistently since then. Fast forward to this January, she has another Level Up, qualified for 75K, but her status shows her still qualified as SE until Dec 2024. So last week the Level Up converted to a "Gift 50K" benefit which she used for our daughter.

Now this morning her status was rolled back to 75K and of course there is no Level Up benefit anymore, just a redeemed 50K gift.

I suppose I'll wait a week or so to see if this sorts itself out, but I'm doubtful since it seems to stem from a bug in last year's qualification logic for Chase Level Up, i.e. treating the Jan 2023 level up as an early qualification for 2024 SE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.