Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I still haven't gotten an email to sign up with the waitlist bonus. Not that I'd get approved right now anyway due to 5/24.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by ywgckp
I was approved today after just a little over 3 hours on hold - they just asked me to confirm my address, and they texted me a confirmation code. What a waste of time... But at least it's done.
Yep same process for me.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I still haven't gotten an email to sign up with the waitlist bonus. Not that I'd get approved right now anyway due to 5/24.
There's a small handful of folks I've seen both here, and on r/churning including myself that haven't received it. Very frustrating...
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Got my card yesterday.

it looks and feels… cheap? I know it’s not something that actually matters but it was my first impression.

it has the Aeroplan # in the back. Nothing else to really say.

Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by pprrff
Got my card yesterday.

it looks and feels… cheap? I know it’s not something that actually matters but it was my first impression.

it has the Aeroplan # in the back. Nothing else to really say.

It seems like it based on your picture.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life, Air Canada 75K, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
I have two other Chase credit cards in good standing and an 800+ credit rating both in the US and Canada, as I split my time between both countries. Like many others, I received a letter from Chase asking me to call.

Wow. On my first attempt, I waited 2 hours and 14 minutes before giving up. On my second attempt, I waited 1 hour and 51 minutes and then hung up. I called this morning at 9:01 am and a recorded voice informed me that I would have a 2 minute wait. At 10:37 am my call was answered, I was asked for my Social Security number, asked if I an incorrect address was a prior home address (“No, I have never lived at that address”), and then was approved after another 10 minute hold.

Just remember: Our calls are important to Chase, just as they tell us repeatedly while on hold for extraordinary lengths of time!
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Reading the T&Cs, it says "Welcome Flight Rewards may only be used on a booking with a single passenger." It kind of sucks then for trying to use the 50K pt vouchers with a P2 on the same PNR since they wouldn't be able to benefit from my status. Am I reading this right? Is there any way to get AC to merge your PNRs after booking?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by jcarberry
Reading the T&Cs, it says "Welcome Flight Rewards may only be used on a booking with a single passenger." It kind of sucks then for trying to use the 50K pt vouchers with a P2 on the same PNR since they wouldn't be able to benefit from my status. Am I reading this right? Is there any way to get AC to merge your PNRs after booking?
The reason for the limitation is that they don’t want you getting two 25k rewards. Has to be used for single bookings for a value of at most 50k per reward. Unfortunately it does mean a separate PNR and they cannot be merged. If you are actual travelling together they should normally be able to check in and go through security and boarding with you so don’t think it is a huge difference.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:37 am

Has anyone who's received their card been able to connect this to their Chase account / mobile app? I've been approved but still waiting for the card to arrive. I received an e-mail from Chase Aeroplan® Credit Card <[email protected]> with the subject "_______, welcome to the Aeroplan® Card and your world of benefits".

Towards the bottom, there is this:

But after spending almost 10 minutes navigating through the app, I could not find this "Benefits" option. Anyone else who's had success with this who can shed some light? Many thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:14 am

The card got added to my chase app and account automatically within 24 hours.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by xobebo2018
Thanks. How do they know which account to connect it to? Is it based on SSN?
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by xobebo2018
There is also at least a name match I think. Mine got linked right after approval, but for my husband he didn’t have his middle initial on the Aeroplan card and did on the others so wasn’t automatically added to the online account. When he got the card had to work with the fraud department for an extra validation before they would add to his account

The approval process knew he was the same person as they did some credit redistribution as part of approval.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:22 pm

Did anyone else have their first month's statement close last week? Chase has not deposited my Aeroplan points earned during this period. Just looking for other data points, has anyone else received their points from Chase? Their other cards usually deposit within 48 hours.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
There is also at least a name match I think. Mine got linked right after approval, but for my husband he didn’t have his middle initial on the Aeroplan card and did on the others so wasn’t automatically added to the online account. When he got the card had to work with the fraud department for an extra validation before they would add to his account

The approval process knew he was the same person as they did some credit redistribution as part of approval.
Yeah, the name match was the issue for me. They created a separate profile for me and I had to call in to get them merged.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Originally Posted by abc5
"You are now registered for the Chase Aeroplan® card waitlist bonus"

I got that confirmation email on August 3rd, I signed myself up to their waitlist pretty early.
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Not sure if they are batching them. I signed up on August 3rd right when they first announced the card and my husband signed up October 25th and we received our invitation from Aeroplan at approximately the same time on December 2nd (~2:30pm). Perhaps, if you added yourself to the list close to November 8th you will be in a later invitation batch. Otherwise maybe check your spam folders or follow up with Aeroplan as they are the ones that sent the invite with the promotion link .
Have you folks received your emails yet? It's been 3 weeks since launch and I haven't yet either.

I was thinking I'll apply for it w/o the email, get the SUB, and if the bonus doesn't appear within the terms (8 weeks from approval), I'll try reaching out requesting it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.