Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Smile

My statement closed on March 28. My points posted this afternoon on March 29. I also received my flight reward certificates! One day!

PS My February points were very late.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:16 pm

Do the award certificates post as soon as you hit the $4k spend (I literally have hit $4095.40). I presume the $95 AF doesn't count toward spend so I went a few pennies over.
However, no certs have posted (checked aeroplan online website and the app). Also no 10k early sign on bonus or extre eUPs
Do I need to wait until my next statement closes? My first statement closed on 3/17, but I hadn't met the $4k spend at that time.
I wish the chase app/website would show the progress and what SUB is coming, like it does on all the other cards they have with a SUB
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:07 pm

Did they pull the waitlist bonus offer early? When I click through the application link in the waitlist email now, the landing page does not have a mention of the extra bonus or eUps anymore. Will they still honor their offer if I apply through this page?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by regiobaden
Did they pull the waitlist bonus offer early? When I click through the application link in the waitlist email now, the landing page does not have a mention of the extra bonus or eUps anymore. Will they still honor their offer if I apply through this page?
The offer was only valid for applications submitted by Feb 15. I think they extended it to the end of Feb? Or was it later than that?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it was March 31.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kayexalate
Do the award certificates post as soon as you hit the $4k spend (I literally have hit $4095.40). I presume the $95 AF doesn't count toward spend so I went a few pennies over.
However, no certs have posted (checked aeroplan online website and the app). Also no 10k early sign on bonus or extre eUPs
Do I need to wait until my next statement closes?
My certificates posted after my statement closed. However, my 10k and eUPs showed up upon getting the card.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
My certificates posted after my statement closed. However, my 10k and eUPs showed up upon getting the card.
interesting. I have had the card for about a month and no 10k nor eUps. P2 applied and received the card today and no 10k or eUps either.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:56 am

What should be the strategy for a Canadian with a first US Amex be to apply for the card? I know Chase is more selective when it comes to approving for their credit cards. Got my 1st Amex in Nov 2021. Some say I should get another Amex card so I have at least 2 cards and help build up my US credit history and wait 12-18 months before applying for Chase? I'm hoping to apply and approve for the card by Dec 2022 so I can get my 25K status on AC as I won't qualify the old fashion way. Once I get my 25K status I plan to get the premium Amex Aeroplan so I can rollover my eUpgrade credits.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by LHR king
What should be the strategy for a Canadian with a first US Amex be to apply for the card? I know Chase is more selective when it comes to approving for their credit cards. Got my 1st Amex in Nov 2021. Some say I should get another Amex card so I have at least 2 cards and help build up my US credit history and wait 12-18 months before applying for Chase? I'm hoping to apply and approve for the card by Dec 2022 so I can get my 25K status on AC as I won't qualify the old fashion way. Once I get my 25K status I plan to get the premium Amex Aeroplan so I can rollover my eUpgrade credits.
Chase won't approve you without at least 12 months of credit history was my experience, but then it should be smooth sailing. Dec 2022 sounds reasonable.

I got a free Amex (the Hilton one) and a free TD one (can also use Canadian credit history) in my first year. Was approved for a CSP within about a week of having 12 months credit history.

Given status from the Chase card is calendar year +1, not sure applying in December is the best idea though.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:53 am

First billing period for my Amex was Nov 15 to Dec 3, 2021. Dec 3 was when the membership fee was charged. That's why I have to wait until Nov or Dec 2022 so I can have at least 12 months credit history to apply for Chase. BTW, how can you access your US credit report? I see there's a tab on Amex that you can access your own credit report which requires someone to fill in the SSN which I don't have. Also when you said within about a week of having 12 months credit history, what would be the date in my case? Nov 15 when the first charge was posted to my Amex card or Dec 3 when the first statement was generated?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by LHR king
First billing period for my Amex was Nov 15 to Dec 3, 2021. Dec 3 was when the membership fee was charged. That's why I have to wait until Nov or Dec 2022 so I can have at least 12 months credit history to apply for Chase. BTW, how can you access your US credit report? I see there's a tab on Amex that you can access your own credit report which requires someone to fill in the SSN which I don't have. Also when you said within about a week of having 12 months credit history, what would be the date in my case? Nov 15 when the first charge was posted to my Amex card or Dec 3 when the first statement was generated?
Getting a credit report or a credit card without a SSN will be a challenge. Assume you have a US address as you definitely won’t get the chase card without that. Not aware of any workarounds as I didn’t get my first US card until I got the SSN. Prior to that I was secondary card holder and somehow that credit history got attached once I got the SSN so there is definitely some tracking by name and DOB just not sure how to pull it.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: JMB Sappire; Hertz PC; National EE
Quick DP for the waitlist bonus: Applied Feb 15 (original end date), approved about a week later. The waitlist bonus did not post after the first statement as some others reported.
SMed Chase and escalated but they could not help.
Guess what, the 10k points and eups posted today.
Guess they are doing it by batches?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Getting a credit report or a credit card without a SSN will be a challenge. Assume you have a US address as you definitely won’t get the chase card without that. Not aware of any workarounds as I didn’t get my first US card until I got the SSN. Prior to that I was secondary card holder and somehow that credit history got attached once I got the SSN so there is definitely some tracking by name and DOB just not sure how to pull it.
Pretty sure you can make do with just an ITIN, but I can't speak for that as I too got a SSN a couple months after I got my first (Amex & TD, which used Canadian credit scores) cards.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Applied March 11th, approved March 12th, wait-list bonus points and eUps posted April 5th.
yyzgigi likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:58 am

Can someone help me with couple of questions:
1. If I didnt use the link to get the extra bonus and just applied, is there any way to still qualify for thos 10K points and epus?
2. When I applied for my wife's card I did not put the Aeroplan # in the application as I didnt create account prior thinking Chase will assign one for her. But now the card came blank and I am stuck in between Aeroplan pointing towards Chase and Chase being clueless pointing to Aeroplan. I created an account with her name hoping that will connect but nothing. As of this week her statement closed and got an email showing all the points we earned but they are not hitting her account we created. So there must be another account just dont know where to find it. I have looked everywhere to no avail. Is there someone here who went through something similar and was able to pull the Aeroplan # some way. Thank you.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:25 pm

Curious if anyone else had come across this issue yet regarding the Chase Aeroplan card's 50k mile Flight Certificates in relation to booking a stopover on a OW:

Called AC today and attempted to book 2 x seats on BEG-IST-BOM with a weeklong stopover in IST. (New AC chart shows this route costing 45k miles for J)
I fed the agent my dates & flight numbers, and she came back within a few minutes quoting the correct amount, 50k per ticket with the 5k stopover included. However, when the agent quoted me the taxes & fees, she also mentioned that they would need to pull 10k additional miles from my account to cover the stopover fee (5k miles x 2 seats). Agent claimed the system would not allow her to apply the 5K stopover fee to the Chase Aeroplan 50k Flight Certificate(s), which was quite disappointing to hear after thinking I had found the perfect way to use these things. Wasn't too keen on burning extra AC miles while simultaneously letting Aeroplan claw back some of my unused 50k flight certs (no miles refunded when using the certs for <50k award bookings), so will look at other miles options for this route.

Pretty bummed, but hopefully this info can help others in the future. Would love to hear if anyone else had a different experience and WAS able to use the 50k Chase Flight Cert to cover OW stopover mileage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.