Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Christine Finger
I was approved last week for the Chase Aeroplan card and am flying in a few days -- want to be sure my accounts are linked so I can utilize the 25K status benefits. I provided my Aeroplan number when I applied for the card. Do these accounts get linked automatically and if so, anyone know how long that takes?
They should be linked automatically, but it may take a month or so for you to be awarded status. I ran into that issue earlier this year and called AC multiple times to try to figure out why my status wasnt showing up. It wasn't until after my 2nd credit card statement when my 25k status showed up in the air canada app, apparently the awarding of the 25k status isn't instaneous. You could try calling AC if your account isn't showing status currently and see what they say but more than likely they'll just tell you to wait until after the next billing cycle assuming your accounts are correctly linked.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:33 pm

Fwiw I received an email from Aeroplan 25 minutes after the approval email saying the accounts were linked. And another less than 24 hours later saying I was now 25k
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just hit 50k in spend on my card. I think the next interesting threshold is far beyond my means, so I guess I'll move on to other cards.
gigafishing and YOWgary like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just hit 50k in spend on my card. I think the next interesting threshold is far beyond my means, so I guess I'll move on to other cards.
I'm 75k status from the match/challenge last year, and already earned 30k points to keep status through next year. If I understand the promotion correctly, spending $50k this year will also bump me to Super Elite, correct?
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
I'm 75k status from the match/challenge last year, and already earned 30k points to keep status through next year. If I understand the promotion correctly, spending $50k this year will also bump me to Super Elite, correct?
That's how I understand it.
TalkingPoint likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
curious why you asked for 50k in spend. As I understand that threshold gets you a status boost to the next level which would just be yet another way that youve earned SE+++. Is there some other benefit to reaching 50k in spend that I am missing as I stopped aiming for it once they have the status renewal on 30k in points.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
This is my understanding too, I'm going for 75K for next year this way.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
curious why you asked for 50k in spend. As I understand that threshold gets you a status boost to the next level which would just be yet another way that youve earned SE+++. Is there some other benefit to reaching 50k in spend that I am missing as I stopped aiming for it once they have the status renewal on 30k in points.
For this card, if you are already SE and spend $50K, in lieu of status bump they are offering an additional "give a friend 50K status".
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by gigafishing
For this card, if you are already SE and spend $50K, in lieu of status bump they are offering an additional "give a friend 50K status".
thanks. Totally missed that. I think I am pretty close now, may consider adjusting my spend plans.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
thanks. Totally missed that. I think I am pretty close now, may consider adjusting my spend plans.
Screenshot from Chase benefit page for reference. We'll see how quickly they roll this out in January 2023...

Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I've looked and tried to find out but have found nthing -- what are the benefits of spending more than $50k/year on this card?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:59 am

https://frequentmiler.com/air-canada...ig_Spend_Perks

That probably gives the best overview.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:45 pm

How to confirm linkage

Originally Posted by Christine Finger;[url=tel:34473663
34473663]I was approved last week for the Chase Aeroplan card and am flying in a few days -- want to be sure my accounts are linked so I can utilize the 25K status benefits. I provided my Aeroplan number when I applied for the card. Do these accounts get linked automatically and if so, anyone know how long that takes?
Received my card in the mail. No Aeroplan number on it. No email or app confirmation of 25k status. Im on hold with Aeroplan to try to find out if they are linked. Chase wont talk to me about it. Did you find a way to confirm they are linked? Im concerned they assigned me a new Aeroplan # .

UPDATE: I ended up with Aeroplan and Chase support talking to each other directly (on my two phones). With Aeroplans insistence, we talked to a Chase supervisor and he was able to link up my card with Aeroplan #. Aeroplan cant do it, so dont let Chase tell you otherwise. He said I will see my status at the next billing cycle, but spending points will accumulate immediately.
Xyzzy, LETTERBOY and pdeut like this.

Last edited by Xtra_OH; Aug 1, 2022 at 9:53 pm
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The card has a new and IMO, improved, sign up bonus. 70k points - actual points - none of this time limited voucher stuff.
kayexalate likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
The card has a new and IMO, improved, sign up bonus. 70k points - actual points - none of this time limited voucher stuff.
The "vouchers" had no expiry date.

I'll gladly take the 100k points I saved from the FRCs over 70k points.
D582, gigafishing, YOWgary and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.