Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A deep dive on mixed-cabin awards with Mark Nasr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A deep dive on mixed-cabin awards with Mark Nasr

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
X can be anything. All that matters is the fare basis (which should be ...PF).

Is the segment in HN or HL status?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
X can be anything. All that matters is the fare basis (which should be ...PF).
Is the segment in HN or HL status?
On a call with AC right now, they are working on it.

In your tool, these are details for that segment:
AC 517 AC YVR HNL Y X HK 27NOV 0835 1300 27NOV 6:25 NLAEROPF/AE1
AC 517 AC YVR HNL J R(X) HN 27NOV 0835 1300 27NOV 6:25 NLAEROPF/AE1
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:31 pm

Okay yeah, the fact that it's NLAEROPF means it should not be HN if you have any status.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:48 pm

Okay yeah, the fact that it's NLAEROPF means it should not be HN if you have any status.
Couldn't get resolved while on the call. Agent agreed that fare basis of that segment should confirm upgrade.
They have created an IT ticket.
We shall see what happens...
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I've had several Latitude awards get coded as X, but still function as they're supposed to.

In every case, the agent has found it baffling that X and Latitude could coexist, but was eventually able to push through the eUp when R>0.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
I've had several Latitude awards get coded as X, but still function as they're supposed to.

In every case, the agent has found it baffling that X and Latitude could coexist, but was eventually able to push through the eUp when R>0.
How is that any different than Flex K or Standard M?

It's not like branded fares launched with the new Aeroplan...
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
Aeroplan business booking: mixed cabin

I’m trying to book an aeroplan lowest business reward to Europe (from YXE) but most of the availability is currently showing “mixed cabin” with the YYZ - Europe in economy. The flexible booking is all in business class.

Can you eupgrade if you book a business class reward but are stuck with a mixed cabin booking?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by YOWgary

Did the agent do it for you?
I still have no resolution for my 'stuck' upgrade after 10 days. (and 2 additional call backs)
They keep submitting some ticket or whatever it is that they do and promise someone will get back to me and then no one does.
My fare basis is Flexible Premium Economy for both legs, but since 2nd leg doesn't have PE cabin it gets put into Economy X, I assume that is the reason system doesn't release it. Everyone agrees I am entitled to the confirmed upgrade and there is lots of R space left, but no one can fix it and whomever they escalate to isn't fixing it either. In the meantime, the R space will eventually go away along with alternative options and redemption price will go up.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by shawneve
Did the agent do it for you?
... it gets put into Economy X, I assume that is the reason system doesn't release it.
That is an incorrect assumption. I'm currently holding an upgraded X class ticket for September.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
That is an incorrect assumption. I'm currently holding an upgraded X class ticket for September.
Yep, I'm holding several throughout the year.

"Latitude (X)" is absolutely possible now.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:21 pm
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
I have an Aeroplan First class lowest award on EY for IAD-AUH-DEL. (Lowest First award was for 130k miles, flexible first award was for 146k miles, but both with the 2nd segment in economy). Couple of strange things:
1. IAD-AUH supposed to be in First, but the email confirmation shows Business (O). Is it actually first? Never mind, confirmed on Etihad website that it is indeed First.
2. AUH-DEL seated in Economy (N), but if I search that segment separately, I can see lowest business award available for that segment. Edit: I called Aeroplan, they said they need to be able to find availability for the whole trip together, cannot delete the 2nd segment and update it due to this being "married". I guess I am out of luck as the search only returns First+Econ if together, and if I search multi-city, I get Econ+Business for the same flights Any ideas?

Thanks for any tips.

Last edited by c2d; Mar 1, 2022 at 8:45 pm Reason: Self answered first Q, clarified second Q.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:36 pm

My upgrade for the Economy X segment finally cleared yesterday and I got a call from an Aeroplan rep as a followup.
May have taken longer than it should have, but they resolved it.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:18 am
c2d

Originally Posted by c2d
I have an Aeroplan First class lowest award on EY for IAD-AUH-DEL. (Lowest First award was for 130k miles, flexible first award was for 146k miles, but both with the 2nd segment in economy). Couple of strange things:
1. IAD-AUH supposed to be in First, but the email confirmation shows Business (O). Is it actually first? Never mind, confirmed on Etihad website that it is indeed First.
2. AUH-DEL seated in Economy (N), but if I search that segment separately, I can see lowest business award available for that segment. Edit: I called Aeroplan, they said they need to be able to find availability for the whole trip together, cannot delete the 2nd segment and update it due to this being "married". I guess I am out of luck as the search only returns First+Econ if together, and if I search multi-city, I get Econ+Business for the same flights Any ideas?

Thanks for any tips.
Is it normal to find such "married" segments for awards? -- i.e. same flights showing different cabin award availability based on a trip vs segment searches?
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by c2d
Is it normal to find such "married" segments for awards? -- i.e. same flights showing different cabin award availability based on a trip vs segment searches?
It is normal, and is something I've also come across with EY, and there is no way around this AFAIK, unless perhaps breaking the journey at AUH and having the itinerary price separately (assuming each segment has award availability when searching individually).
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:23 pm
c2d

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
It is normal, and is something I've also come across with EY, and there is no way around this AFAIK, unless perhaps breaking the journey at AUH and having the itinerary price separately (assuming each segment has award availability when searching individually).
Thanks! That helps me put this to rest. I'll stay with that First+Econ award. Now, I've got a major flight schedule change for my return trip, so I need to look for reasonable options...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.