Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:28 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by mathemagic
Does the "etc" include warm nuts? Full J is not complete for me without the warm nuts.
While that would be great, I do have to wonder how any of this will work when they can't even source bubbles, or port, or vodka or (fill in the blank) consistently.

Maybe it would be better to solve one challenge at a time?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: TK *G
“Covid” as the pandemic is probably over (hopefully, unless there is another wave in fall/winter), but the resulting supply chain issue and labour shortage seem far from over.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by songsc
“Covid” as the pandemic is probably over (hopefully, unless there is another wave in fall/winter)
Hospitalizations are significantly up in several European countries over the last 2 weeks as well as in some Canadian Provinces.
Not sure if it will interrupt any of our travel plans (trying here to keep on topic), but I'll be wearing my N95 (when not eating/drinking on my upcoming flights) as well as appreciating my recent bivalent vaccine
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Flew AC yesterday from ATL-YUL, and today from YUL-YYC. On both flights almost no one wore masks (in J at least). No mention of arrivecan and I deleted the app.

Slightly OT, but I made it through the entire pandemic with a single essential traveler profile on arrivecan (only business travel, no vacations). The funny thing is I set up the profile in early May 2021 before vaccines were readily available in Canada, so it didn't ask for Vaccine status. Since it was a permanent profile every time I crossed the border recently I would get grilled about my vaccine status, despite having received 5 doses.
YYC3722 and asovse1 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by songsc
“Covid” as the pandemic is probably over (hopefully, unless there is another wave in fall/winter), but the resulting supply chain issue and labour shortage seem far from over.
Sure, the US death rate is down -- "only" 2,478 deaths caused by covid in the past week. Definitely over...
(196 in Canada which is 30% less per capita)
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: TK *G
I won’t get into the specifics of why I think Covid is going from a pandemic to an endemic as it’s off topic, and there are many valid arguments suggesting it may not be an endemic, but my point is that once measures such as physical distancing and mask mandate are ended, it’s hard to bring them back, unless there is some sort of drastic change that induces fear among the general public, such as another new variant in fall/winter.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by mathemagic
Does the "etc" include warm nuts? Full J is not complete for me without the warm nuts.
Asked an SD about this on my YVR-YYZ flight today, he said Nov 1 for nuts. But, all depends on catering filling the orders appropriately. No olive oil dressing or the white Chilean wine on the flight today. And on the ICN-YVR flight, they didn't have any port loaded.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
I wore a mask on my TATL last night. I would say maybe 10% of the PAX and a similar percentage of the crew were doing the same. That didn't take long to disappear.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:05 pm

AC Premium Economy International

Just completed a round trip YYJ -YVR - LHR. The long haul was in PE.
The cleaners had done a poor job both ways. Book and used earbuds from previous passenger outbound, lots of crumbs everywhere on the return. Somewhat gross. i guess one must be prepared to clean ones own space.

Service outbound was excellent, very attentive. Wine and Baileys was no problem. Main meal was also very good. I had braised beef, my wife chicken and they were both tasty. Breakfast on the other hand was terrible. Paper bag with a yoghurt and dry croissant. No jam or butter.

On the return the initial service was also very good. Food was acceptable. No coffee service and no baileys. I asked for another glass of wine and was told to wait. It never came. Once in the flight I saw them come round with bottled water. Otherwise from when they cleared away dinner to the start of the breakfast service there was zero presence or service. I guess that is why there is a call button but I am uncomfortable using it. Breakfast was a packaged pastry. Made in the UK with chicken from Brazil or Thailand. It also had a non meat version. Unimpressed.

Both flights were in the 787. Maybe coincidence but neither of us had any Jetlag in either direction.

We enjoyed the extra space in PE and the quality of the main meal. The rest of the experience was definitely economy.
rankourabu likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by john2003
We enjoyed the extra space in PE and the quality of the main meal. The rest of the experience was definitely economy.
Those two sentences perfectly sum up my AC PE experiences.
YLWflyer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:45 pm

What was your original expectations?

A champagne taste, on a beer budget comes to mind when thinking about PE….
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Hopefully AC updates their 777/787 PY seats to the ones on the 330. Would much rather pay to upgrade to PY on a 330 than on the Boeing
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by YLWflyer
What was your original expectations?

A champagne taste, on a beer budget comes to mind when thinking about PE….
PE may appear like beer compared to business but it is sizeable price jump from economy.

Clean seating area, two decent meals on a 9 hr flight and visible inflight service. I have had much better inflight service on most Air Transat transatlantics than AC delivered on our return.

Unreasonable, I don't think so.
Benner and YYC3722 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by john2003
PE may appear like beer compared to business but it is sizeable price jump from economy.

Clean seating area, two decent meals on a 9 hr flight and visible inflight service. I have had much better inflight service on most Air Transat transatlantics than AC delivered on our return.

Unreasonable, I don't think so.
next time book economy, grab a subway sandwich…. Or just go with Air Transat
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by YLWflyer
next time book economy, grab a subway sandwich…. Or just go with Air Transat
I actually would go with AT for value if they still flew to LGW from YVR.
i am sorry that my expectations are in your view so unreasonable. I will stick by them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.