Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:34 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Saw someone in PY get asked eight times to cover their mouth and nose before being reprimanded by the SD, which seemed to do the trick for the rest of the flight.
So, no white card given?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Domestic MLL standing room only today. Lineups for the elevator.

Party like its spring break 2019. Even self serve food and drinks. (except the booze is still roped off - because covid of course)

And flight is obviously delayed. So that's normal.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
So, no white card given?
Not that I saw.
SD was very direct but not overtly harsh. It was handled almost "artistically" by the SD, if you can see that.
The pax was on their best behaviour for the rest of the flight.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
I was on this flight too- I was in 6K!

Yeah- the SD was full ham on the masks. It seemed heavy handed but like others posted I can only assume some particular pax weren't adhering to the request...
Nice! 1A for me. and I can only assume as well. Luggage didn't make it to YUL but they delivered it the next day. Was my big snowboard bag so I was actually happy not having to haul it around the airport. Spoke with the MD (maitre de cabine, is that SD?) and he was from Nova Scotia. He was nice and everything, AC just always makes you feel like your not the client...your like a buddy.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:58 pm

March 14 AC210 YVR-YYC 105 pax
March 15 AC326 YYC-YUL 162ish pax
March 16 AC1248 YUL-LIR 109 pax. Roughly 1/2 connecting.

All flights B737. J full on all legs.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I was on a 77L flight not too long ago and it was around 50% in Y. PY was full. J was full.
I would've had a full row to myself if it weren't for the self-upgrading pax... for another thread.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
YYZ-DUB 13 Mar full flight all cabins.
DUB-YYZ 20 Mar full flight all cabins.
But it was Mar break.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
YYZ-DUB 13 Mar full flight all cabins.
DUB-YYZ 20 Mar full flight all cabins.
But it was Mar break.
Also St. Patrick's Day
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone witness a raised penalty card recently?
Does the FA blow a whistle and raise it in front of the offending pax?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:02 pm

Two penalty cards and they can't board their next flight?
yyznomad likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
They should just have the offender arrested after arriving at the gate.
Otherwise, what's the point. Just a big fat joke.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I tried to ask the SD on the last flight for one of those as a souvenir and she refused to give me one.
She said I was being a good boy LOL 🤣

So apparently being nice about it isn't the way to go about it.

As for a misbehaving pax; on the same flight, there were an older gentleman who use his KF94 as an eyemask to cover his eyes
Meanwhile, his noses/mouth were openly exposed for a solid 30 minute+ after the meal service and I didn't see the penalty card given out.
So I have no idea, how you would be given one of those 🤷🤷
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
I tried to ask the SD on the last flight for one of those as a souvenir and she refused to give me one.
She said I was being a good boy LOL 🤣

So apparently being nice about it isn't the way to go about it.

As for a misbehaving pax; on the same flight, there were an older gentleman who use his KF94 as an eyemask to cover his eyes
Meanwhile, his noses/mouth were openly exposed for a solid 30 minute+ after the meal service and I didn't see the penalty card given out.
So I have no idea, how you would be given one of those 🤷🤷
Was this in J?
I find crew are often much more lenient/turn a blind eye in J.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Was this in J?
I find crew are often much more lenient/turn a blind eye in J.
Yes it was.

I really like the SD on that flight too, but that was the oddball outlier on that flight.

The guy was completely passed out, mouth wideopen, but I guess the crew was reluctant to wake him up to fix it.

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Mar 24, 2022 at 12:32 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
yyznomad, does writing in reviews work?
I would actually write one for this group, it's rare to see AC crew be competitive vs. a CX crew.
Well, they always get acknowledged by a non-canned response... usually a specific response identifying the author as a real human AC employee and title. Or it's a bot. Back in the day, I would occasionally contact an AC employee directly to heap praise about an SD or, in the rare case, an non-SD FA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.