Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just see no point in wasting my or AC's time when we're still more than 6 months away from the current expiry date.

I'm still 99.9% sure there will be another blanket extension for everyone, and I'm quite happy to wait until March 15. If at that point it turns out I'm wrong, I'll look at what I actually haven't used and write in about them.
Well, my FP is only 4 credits, and only for the Caribbean. I have booked an all-inclusive for late April, so I needed to confirm the extension now to book the flights.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Well, my FP is only 4 credits, and only for the Caribbean. I have booked an all-inclusive for late April, so I needed to confirm the extension now to book the flights.
Yeah for you that makes sense. For me... I mean I'd probably book an Easter trip to Toronto if I could... But I'm not worried about Y space evaporating any time soon.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Mine are definitely still March 31.
I still have 11 segments Ontario to Florida no idea when they were originally set to expire 😂😂 they have been extended to March 31/22. And with the current National travel advisory against non-essential travel still in effect I can’t see that being the actual end point of the expiration: this along with the USA still not opening the land border, I imagine they will be extended. Although I have zero intention of traveling to FL in the next few months : there is also only so much time of my kid (who lives in Fl) can get off to come and visit
I imagine many of them will go to waste unfortunately
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC 1MM SE, Marriott Bonvoy L/T Titanium Elite, AA EXP, HH G
I bought a World Travel Pass to Europe Feb 2020 to commute to my other home in Switzerland. Never had a chance to use it since Covid shut down AC flights to ZRH & GVA a few weeks later. I just spoke to a concierge at YYZ via the SuperElite line to see what could be done to extend my pass. They conferred with their help desk who confirmed that ALL PASSES HAVE BEEN EXTENDED TO end-DEC 2022. They are in the process of updating all the passes online so you should see the new expiry soon. Thought I would pass along the good news! If anyone sees the new extension on their pass, please post to confirm this is happening.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:43 pm

Even better than my prediction.

Guess I'll be able to book my trip home for Christmas 2022 soon.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even better than my prediction.

Guess I'll be able to book my trip home for Christmas 2022 soon.

Like the change.

Booking ATH in September
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by DrRx
I bought a World Travel Pass to Europe Feb 2020 to commute to my other home in Switzerland. Never had a chance to use it since Covid shut down AC flights to ZRH & GVA a few weeks later. I just spoke to a concierge at YYZ via the SuperElite line to see what could be done to extend my pass. They conferred with their help desk who confirmed that ALL PASSES HAVE BEEN EXTENDED TO end-DEC 2022. They are in the process of updating all the passes online so you should see the new expiry soon. Thought I would pass along the good news! If anyone sees the new extension on their pass, please post to confirm this is happening.
nothing in my flight passes and with Canada reversing the travel advisory I can’t honestly see this happening
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
nothing in my flight passes and with Canada reversing the travel advisory I can’t honestly see this happening
March 31 2022 expiration still in place for my Sun pass (purchased Dec 2019)
Old Oct 28, 2021, 6:18 pm

Can anyone else confirm or deny the extension?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Can anyone else confirm or deny the extension?
I don't think anyone can outright deny what was said above, since it's possible that it just hasn't been done yet, but I have a handful of passes that should be eligible, and none of them have been extended, so I'm fairly skeptical.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 5:12 pm

No change here.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Just noticed all of my flight passes have been extended to December 31, 2022.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:48 pm

Same, except the ones that are empty. Those are still Mar 31.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:19 pm

Same, except the ones that are empty. Those are still Mar 31.
my empty Sun flight pass with expiration April 2022 wasn't extended either. The credits are used for a booking flights n February 2022 that may or may not happen.

Will I have to contact Air Canada to have the flight pass manually extended ?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:21 pm

My European flight pass was extended until December 31, 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.