Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I just used the "send us an email" link under the Customer Support tab, selected "flight pass product", and got a response within a couple of days. As I mentioned above, the extension didn't work the first time around, but they fixed it immediately after I let them know.
Thanks Tax Dude . I just sent an email.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
With the reduction/cancellation of flights to HKG, I decided to write in about my Asia West Canada flight pass. It’s now been extended to December 31, 2022, matching my other passes.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Well, my FP is only 4 credits, and only for the Caribbean. I have booked an all-inclusive for late April, so I needed to confirm the extension now to book the flights.
So, my flights to the Caribbean for April were cancelled as part of AC’s suspension of service to sun destinations, so I asked for an extension of the FP to May 2023 as I had to reschedule my all-inclusive to April 2023.

AC’s response:

“We would also like to confirm that the flight pass has been extended to December 31, 2022.

As a goodwill, we are currently only extending to this date however, we would like to advise you to check back closer to the expiry date to see what else can be done.”
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yeah, I said I expected them to be extended to 1 year after the quarantine requirement was dropped (i.e. to Labor Day 2022), but I was not expecting anything like omicron.

I'd expect 1 year after the end of the "final" surge. Or 1 year after it's declared endemic.
folkart likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:17 pm

since they cancelled many routes to the Caribbean this Winter 2022, I would be disappointed if they don't offer a complimentary extension until end of Winter 2023 for the "Sun" flight passes.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC Elite, *A Gold
Flight Pass Extension?

Has anyone heard anything about AC extending flight passes again? The conference for which I was planning to use my last 2 passes has just been cancelled due to covid and there's no value for me to extend by 3 months.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I just used the "send us an email" link under the Customer Support tab, selected "flight pass product", and got a response within a couple of days. As I mentioned above, the extension didn't work the first time around, but they fixed it immediately after I let them know.
Originally Posted by Tired of Traveling
Has anyone heard anything about AC extending flight passes again? The conference for which I was planning to use my last 2 passes has just been cancelled due to covid and there's no value for me to extend by 3 months.
I used Tax Dude's advice and my pass was extended to December 31. It took less than a week.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:35 am

Anyone requested the extension of their Sun Flight pass beyond Dec 31, 2022 due to the suspension of many Caribbean routes in Winter/Spring 2022 ?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Anyone requested the extension of their Sun Flight pass beyond Dec 31, 2022 due to the suspension of many Caribbean routes in Winter/Spring 2022 ?
I did ask a while ago, using the example of my vacation from April 2022 having to be postponed by a year because of the flight cancellations.

AC extended to Dec 31 2022 and said they would consider a further extension. Not holding my breath.....
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I expect the switch from molecular to antigen tests for entry will trigger a new one year extension. I'm not saying it will happen in the next few weeks, but I suspect Feb 28 2023 is going to be the earliest anything will expire.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:59 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I expect the switch from molecular to antigen tests for entry will trigger a new one year extension. I'm not saying it will happen in the next few weeks, but I suspect Feb 28 2023 is going to be the earliest anything will expire.
I hope that you are correct.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I hope there are more flight pass extensions! I have an Asia West Canada Flex pass for travel to Hong Kong. But, it's been rather hard to fly there because flights from Canada have been banned since mid-January. AC was about to resume service next week, but the ban has now been extended to April 20.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm considering a India latitude FP, with an extension of would certainly get it.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC Super Elite, Hilton Diamond
Any news on Florida Plus Flight Pass Extensions?

I see that a few months back some of us were able to get the Florida+ FP extended to December 2022. When I called AC they did not offer any such extension, and my FP expires in August. HUCA? Or write customer service as some have suggested? Or just wait a bit because it seems so obvious that AC must extend these, given all the cancellations to the Caribbean? Anyone get an extension past December 2022?

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
So, my flights to the Caribbean for April were cancelled as part of AC’s suspension of service to sun destinations, so I asked for an extension of the FP to May 2023 as I had to reschedule my all-inclusive to April 2023.

AC’s response:

“We would also like to confirm that the flight pass has been extended to December 31, 2022.

As a goodwill, we are currently only extending to this date however, we would like to advise you to check back closer to the expiry date to see what else can be done.”
Old May 7, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Many (all?) flight passes have always had the option of one or two extensions for a price. I think my current flight pass allows for two 3 month extensions for progressively more money. Can we assume that the paid extensions will still be allowed, at the moment from Dec. 31/2022?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.