Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Anyone have luck, tips, reasons that worked to get a extension on a flight pass expiry date beyond the extension that is typically purchased at the end?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No. The whole reason FPs are as cheap as they are is because of breakage.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
I have had a flight pass extended before.

Basically I was trying to make a name change in the month leading up to expiry, but it was taking a while to get a response from the FP team. When I finally got a call it was too late for the flight I was trying to book for the new passenger, so the agent extended it for me by a few weeks.

Learnings:

1. Leave adequate time for a back and forth with customer relations to do a name change. It takes over a week and is not simple, especially if a company purchased it for an employee.

2. The FP team appears very small, maybe even only one person, and has the ability to do discretionary things like above.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by ababey
Anyone have luck, tips, reasons that worked to get a extension on a flight pass expiry date beyond the extension that is typically purchased at the end?
AC cancelled the flight. 4 weeks later pass was not yet back in the wallet as pass expiry date approached. After two requests AC moved expiry out 4 weeks. ("One time", etc).
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Flight Pass Extensions?

We've decided to stop corporate travel for cost reasons while we see what happens to our customer base. However I have a flight pass that will expire in May, and I still have 5 credits to use, which wouldn't be a problem normally but I may not fly for a month or more. Anyone know if Air Canada will extend flight passes due to expire in the next 2 months due to the circumstances, especially when flight credits were booked against the pass but cancelled free of charge today?

Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:47 pm

What kind of FP do you have - individual, small/medium business, large corporation? Which regions are covered? Does it have option to extend for a fee?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by mileageking
What kind of FP do you have - individual, small/medium business, large corporation? Which regions are covered? Does it have option to extend for a fee?
It's just an individual Eastern Canada flight pass. Yes I could pay to extend it, but I'm wondering what if any luck people have had with goodwill? I sent in the request today... Maybe I'll hear back next week?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I have an unlimited flight pass that has another 2.5 months on it. If anyone has any information on whether they are permitting a pause on unlimited flight passes, please let us know.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by ac/elite
I have an unlimited flight pass that has another 2.5 months on it. If anyone has any information on whether they are permitting a pause on unlimited flight passes, please let us know.
Ouch.

I have a Latitude FP for me and MrsITAG Transcont...8 credits left, expiry 5/20. Also a US Regional Laitude, 14 credits of 30, exp 8/20.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:12 pm

FWIW I just submitted my request for a flight pass extension. The AC website does have a webform for this. The link is here: https://accc-prod.microsoftcrmportal...da-contact-us/

I suggest others use this too. If enough people make the request AC might consider it.

For those of you who don't trust random links on the internet, you can get to the page this way:
  • Main aircanada.com website -> Click Customer Support at top of page -> Under Customer Relations click "send us an email."
  • That will bring up a page where you can select various options. If you click on "flight pass product", it'll bring up the following options:
    • Expiring Soon
    • Refund of Fee
    • Return Flight Pass Credit
    • Extension
    • Owner Name Change
    • Other
I selected "extension" and it came up with a page to enter all of the flight pass details, etc.

My FP expires beginning of May and has already been extended 3 months. I booked a trip with my last 4 credits (2 pax) for a trip over Easter to the US. I asked for an extension until December 31, 2020. I realize the FP is a different product than a regular ticket, however as AC is waiving change fees for flights booked prior to March 4, with travel on/before April 30 (both criteria I meet) and provided that they complete travel by December 31, 2020, I decided to ask for a similar end date by which to use up my flight pass.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I spoke to an agent on the SE reservations line and he told me that he had heard that they were pausing unlimited flight passes on a case by case basis, but that I had to contact customer care through the website about it. I've done so and we'll see how long it takes them to get back to me. I'll report back if I get a response.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:07 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
My understanding is anything that is due to expire by 30 April will be extended to July 31 automatically
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
My understanding is anything that is due to expire by 30 April will be extended to July 31 automatically
Anything? Highly doubt my unlimited flight pass will be automatically extended an additional 2 months.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:32 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by ac/elite
Anything? Highly doubt my unlimited flight pass will be automatically extended an additional 2 months.
Ok.. everyone but you then.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC SE
Seems possible for regular FP but I doubt they'll be that generous on my unlimited FP. Sent in request for extension, we'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.