Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Similar to nomadic.relief, my "real" pass (Canada East, 2 credits left) is extended to Dec 31, 2022. My 3 Gift of Travel (I think) passes still expire April 20, 2022. They've all got the original 4 credits left.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by The Lev
My two "gift of travel" passes still show them expiring April 20th. :-(
Wrote in to Customer solutions and both sets of passes now expiring Dec 31, 2022.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by The Lev
Wrote in to Customer solutions and both sets of passes now expiring Dec 31, 2022.
So there's no memo/policy and flight passes are extended on a case by case basis ?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
So there's no memo/policy and flight passes are extended on a case by case basis ?
I suspect they will eventually get around to it for everybody. From their e-mail:

"We understand your concerns given the continuing uncertainty of the situation, we are pleased to advise that a further complimentary extension to December 31, 2022 has been processed for your Flight Pass.

We are still, monitoring and reassessing the situation. Please refer often to our website and the Flight Pass COVID-19 Travel News Update page for any future updates:"
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:24 pm

Just checked my pass
Extended to end of 2022.
Didn't ask.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:37 am

I asked about my Gift of Travel passes and they were all extended to Dec 31, 2022 last week. Unfortunately it didn’t take and I can’t make bookings past the old expiry date, even though the passes all show the later expiry. I haven’t heard back from them about that issue.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I asked about my Gift of Travel passes and they were all extended to Dec 31, 2022 last week. Unfortunately it didn’t take and I can’t make bookings past the old expiry date, even though the passes all show the later expiry. I haven’t heard back from them about that issue.
same here

Gift of Travel flight pass shows a new expiry date of Dec 31, 2022 but I am unable to use the credits for bookings past April 20, 2022.

Last edited by hoipolloi; Dec 4, 2021 at 5:43 pm
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just noticed that one of mine wasn't extended either. I figure I'll write in if I can't use the credits, but I suspect I'll be able to.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Just checked mine and it is still 20 April, 2022.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Just checked mine and it is still 20 April, 2022.
All mine have been extended to Dec 31, 2022 now and I've been able to make bookings. I'd send them an email.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I bought a couple flight passes in September 2021 - that expire September 2022. One of them was a Florida Plus pass, for a couple warm weather trips. They have not gotten extended, and still have an expiry date of Sept 2022.

We had to cancel our planned travel - I'm a physician and didn't feel right about travelling right now, given the higher risk of getting stranded abroad after a positive test and burdening my colleagues especially as our hospital is already super short. So the flight pass still has 8/8 credits on it.

Has anyone gotten any recent passes extended? I'm a new SE - would the SE email be the right place to start to plead my case?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I do not think it is worth your effort until you're much closer to expiry.

If you do nothing, it might get extended anyway.
ywgckp and folkart like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I do not think it is worth your effort until you're much closer to expiry.

If you do nothing, it might get extended anyway.
That's what I'm waiting for. Not sure who to contact, but given what's going on now, I'm hoping that the April expiring 'promotional' passes will automatically be extended.
ywgckp likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Not sure who to contact,
I just used the "send us an email" link under the Customer Support tab, selected "flight pass product", and got a response within a couple of days. As I mentioned above, the extension didn't work the first time around, but they fixed it immediately after I let them know.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
OK, thanks all - will be a bit patient. I thought I was being clever - when I bought the pass the flight prices were ridiculous over the holidays, but I guess this is the risk you take.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.