Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, ALL Diamond, WestJet Gold
Might not be the right place to ask, but figured I'd try here before calling AC later tonight - I got an Eastern Canada - Europe 8 segment Latitude flight pass last February that I did not get to use (had 2 trips to Paris booked in March, but obviously those didn't happen). I believe they had extended the validity of ALL flight passes until April 2021. Anyone know if they are planning on extending them any farther out?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:23 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Dunno, but all of my flight passes were extended to September 30, 2021.

Have you checked yours on the AC web site?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
And I suspect we'll see another extension in the next few months.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, ALL Diamond, WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Dunno, but all of my flight passes were extended to September 30, 2021.

Have you checked yours on the AC web site?
Thanks - and yes, you're right. I seem to have missed it , but it is now valid until September 2021. Awesome.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
And I suspect we'll see another extension in the next few months.
I wonder how far out they'll go, if they do one. I bought one of those Sun passes in the fall, with expiry in February 2022. I was hoping I'd be able to use a chunk of the credits in this winter season, but that's looking unlikely. I don't fancy having to try to use those by February 11, 2022.
folkart likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 4:22 am

Flight pass question - Sept 30/2021

Knock knock knock ... is this thing still on?

I'm pretty sure there might be a thread in here somewhere or other, but I have not visited in a long, long time.

It seems like our world might be on a slow, long climb back to somewhere new. With that in mind, I have 2 flight passes - on Transcon and one "East Triangle - NE MW USA Latitude" that have quite a few credits.

We long ago wrote them off, but they still show an expiry of 30/09/2021. I can see the potential for some travel - maybe, who knows - late fall and into 2022.

Has AC said anything about a continued extension of the expiry of these? Any talk of these being inclluded in refund discussions etc.

I hope all is well with everyone. Kind of miss it in here, but I must admit, I don't miss airports!
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:52 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I think we are all still waiting. I don't miss airports either but travel bug hasn't disappeared. Flying was still fun for me and where I got to go to.

I have 3 passes, one unlimited commuter which would need reactivation and one sun pass and one transcon, expiring September like everyone else. Could likely finish those out by December but September might be a stretch. Vaccination next month so I am starting to scheme and hope Air Canada has some flexibility left. They have had my money for more than a year so hopefully they invested it wisely! (and will repay me with some kindnesses)
folkart likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Has AC said anything about a continued extension of the expiry of these?

No. I don't even think they've said anything about the past extensions. Just one day we've logged in and seen the expiry of our passes pushed out a few months.

Any talk of these being inclluded in refund discussions etc.
FPs are a pretty niche product and are unlikely to be a focus of any government discussions.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm still betting on April for the announcement (or lack thereof) of another extension. It matches previous timelines.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm still betting on April for the announcement (or lack thereof) of another extension. It matches previous timelines.
Fingers crossed. I have a Florida+ that I would like to use at Christmas.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
I guess great minds think alike. For the first time really in months I started to contemplate some travel and went to look at my FP's and note that they are in September. While appreciated that they are long past the original expiry that actually hurts me as I was looking to book some items over Q4.

I of course went and bought three passes in Feb 2020 (doh) and have used one credit on one pass only. Even if travel starts up again using these passes may be a challenge over the original period. I think it is important for them to signal partnership that they know they need to be flexible but that I know the money is sunk in AC (and I'm fine with that).

I suggest either:

a) 12 month passes be extended to 24 month and start the counter from whenever travel advisories lift
b) Agree to give a credit for the unused value in a Gift card that doesn't expire. At least this way the money stays with AC but I can redistribute it as travel resumes

Just a thought.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:44 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I'd prefer Option "a" since some of my FPs are a better deal than any revenue ticket of the same class that I'd be likely to book with similar city pairs.
yowcat and canadiancow like this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'd prefer Option "a" since some of my FPs are a better deal than any revenue ticket of the same class that I'd be likely to book with similar city pairs.
I agree, although I'd love to have the choice between the two options

(Not that it will happen, but a guy can fantasize, can't he?)
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by yowcat
I suggest either:

a) 12 month passes be extended to 24 month and start the counter from whenever travel advisories lift
b) Agree to give a credit for the unused value in a Gift card that doesn't expire. At least this way the money stays with AC but I can redistribute it as travel resumes
c) Increase the number of people who can use a pass. This would be useful if AC wants people to punch coupons faster so they can book the revenue
d) A combination of a, b and c
unclepants likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:28 am

I have a European flight pass expiring in September 2021 (extended automatically because of COVID). The pass has been useless for the last year because most of the European routes were cancelled. I am hoping that as a minimum the flight pass is extended into 2022.
visitor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.