Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Spike Jonze is one of the few hollywood directors(aside from Fincher) that really nails their work in TV, Music Video and Commercials
eracerblue likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

I thought of you when I heard Snap is laying off 100 Engineers

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/07/snap...rcent-cut.html
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
This is exactly what YYZ needs, if for no other reason than to lighten up

"Will San Francisco Airport Get a New Sex Shop?"

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...-new-sex-shop/
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
This is exactly what YYZ needs, if for no other reason than to lighten up

"Will San Francisco Airport Get a New Sex Shop?"

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...-new-sex-shop/
Oh my god that popped up on my phone today. Not the VFTW article, but something else. The part that stood out was the mention of a flight delay, and now people have 3-4 hours to kill, so we'll sell them condoms, lube, and vibrators.

I have no idea where they expect people to use these items, but this is absurd.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh my god that popped up on my phone today. Not the VFTW article, but something else. The part that stood out was the mention of a flight delay, and now people have 3-4 hours to kill, so we'll sell them condoms, lube, and vibrators.

I have no idea where they expect people to use these items, but this is absurd.
If it were YUL, they might open an 'appropriate' space for that...
gabdusch and 24left like this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
In some ways, FR pax may be better than AC pax. I'm in a middle seat on a flight with decent loads, and the emergency exit row, right behind me, has an empty aisle and middle. I offer to let my seat mate in the aisle take the emergency exit aisle and she counters by telling me she'll let me out if I want to make the switch. Meanwhile, we have a long thread about seat poachers in this forum
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I don't believe in ghosts but I had some crazy stuff happen tonight that is giving me goosebumps and unexplainable.

I go to my car tonight(in a patrolled, secured and locked parkade) and it's locked but when I open the door I notice something weird. All my seatbelts were buckled. Even the back ones and driver seat. The back ones are done up weird, across from eachother making an X. I check trunk and glove etc nothing missing. I think maybe I left it unlocked or broken in, both unlikely as my car auto locks in 30 seconds and mirrors fold in(which they were).

I go to the concierge and tell him in case it got broken in so he takes me to room to check security tapes. We look through the tapes from when I get out of car to that moment I went back and no one goes around or in my car between that period. We both got instant shivers. Trying to think of a reasonable explanation but there is none. I drove my car to and from meetings today and I always put my briefcase on my passenger's seat so I would have noticed. Plus when I opened the car door I almost instantaneously noticed all my seatbelts were done up(including drivers). And the back ones criss crossed to make an X?! I remember feeling strange and scared when I noticed it. Nothing was missing or out of place.

Getting chills thinking about it again.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:43 am

My concierge texting me he's freaked out still. If anyone has a reasonable explanation for this that'd be great... Ugh

Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by SKYEG
My concierge texting me he's freaked out still. If anyone has a reasonable explanation for this that'd be great... Ugh

Come to the DO so you would not be haunted no more
SKYEG, pewpew and canadiancow like this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Come to the DO so you would not be haunted no more
Ok, we now have a suspect with a motive...
Old Mar 10, 2018, 7:15 am

I looked for the past few days and it stated at like $950 RT ... Ugh. Have fun!
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I looked for the past few days and it stated at like $950 RT ... Ugh. Have fun!
Isn't there a flight pass that would work well for that route?

From SFO, last minute is on the order of 600-800 each way. A Latitude FP is $300. It's the difference between me always going to Vancouver and never going
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:06 am

I'm in YWG and would need to get to YVR, not sure what the flight pass cost would be for that
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Please note that several Uber posts have been relocated to the Ride Sharing/Uber FT Forum.

tcook052
AC forum mod.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:55 pm

It turns out my new place is right next to the AC building. It's meant to be <3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.