Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada, Aeroplan, And Always Saying Sorry on Social Media

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

We need one of these for Canada:

https://www.sorryfortheinconvenience.co.uk

All they ever say on Twitter at AC and AE is sorry.....

Any good code warriors out there?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy

Any good code warriors out there?
LOL. That would be interesting, especially if it had data visualizations.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy

I see the BA forum started it's "Sorry" thread about 6 hours earlier.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-ba-sorry.html

The posts are hilarious and for a second, I thought I had fallen into a clone of the AC forum. LOL

Originally Posted by subject2load
Takes some doing to be top of that particular list, given the .....er....quality of many of the other candidates.

The new marketing campaign is just about ready, surely ........

"Fly BA - the World's Sorriest Airline "

I bet no one would even consider doing this to Air Canada.

Originally Posted by Paralytic
.....Who can submit the most inane or ridiculous complaint to BA but still get an apology in response from their twitter team.
That's what the CBC is for.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
You know when I first read part of 24L post I though for a moment it was a reference to AC creating one of these themselves.

We could have a competition: If AC wrote this ... and If AP wrote this ...

Tis a shame it's only got UK airlines on there. I guess expectations are so low for the low cost carriers is why the numbers are lower. I would love to see the top NA airlines here.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I would expect a website for Canadian consumers to be apologizing for not tolerating more abusive practices.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
What else would you have them say?

"I'm delighted to report that your flight landed today late by only 8 hours! We look forward to serving you on your next flight"
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin

"I'm delighted to report that your flight landed today late by only 8 hours! We look forward to serving you on your next flight"
We regret that we cannot control the weather responsible for your delay.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin

How 'bout replacing 'sorry' with 'thank you', as in 'thank you for your patience' instead of 'sorry for the delay'. Saying thanks you goes miles further than an apology. Just MHO of course and YMMV.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: TK *G
How about "Thank you for not asking for compensation from IDB"?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
How 'bout replacing 'sorry' with 'thank you', as in 'thank you for your patience' instead of 'sorry for the delay'. Saying thanks you goes miles further than an apology. Just MHO of course and YMMV.
I disagree. Thank you for your patience is a ridiculous statement in most cases. I get that every-time when calling and being put on hold at most of the call-in centers. The assumption is that the caller is willingly patient to be served. Apologies at least imply their shortcomings not my.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:24 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I disagree. Thank you for your patience is a ridiculous statement in most cases. I get that every-time when calling and being put on hold at most of the call-in centers. The assumption is that the caller is willingly patient to be served. Apologies at least imply their shortcomings not my.
I agree totally.

It's like when a call centre drone can't help me resolve an issue I have with their employer and they finish the call with something like "is there anything else I can help you with today?".

Maybe it's bad manners on my part for going off script, but I will generally point out to them that they actually didn't succeed in helping me the first time, so the offer of a second 'helping' is at best frivolous and at worst insincere.

Probably my bad for having such unrealistic expectations from Customer Service, but sometimes I feel I would get more sense talking to the cat.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I agree totally.

It's like when a call centre drone can't help me resolve an issue I have with their employer and they finish the call with something like "is there anything else I can help you with today?".

Maybe it's bad manners on my part for going off script, but I will generally point out to them that they actually didn't succeed in helping me the first time, so the offer of a second 'helping' is at best frivolous and at worst insincere.

Probably my bad for having such unrealistic expectations from Customer Service, but sometimes I feel I would get more sense talking to the cat.
^

You could help by actually doing the first thing I wanted. If not unreasonable.

I had some recent calls back from customer services actually, one was asking for further details based on "recent feedback". While I appreciate the gesture... 4-5 months isn't that recent.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I've come to dislike insincere apologies and to me that's what it often sounds like when, for example, a GA says 'sorry for the delay'.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
They should be thankful for your comments and stop the canned verbiage. You seem to exhibit a great amount of patience in explaining your dissatisfaction of unresolved issues. I cut it short and after hanging up swear a lot. It helps me with stress and frustration with customer service now days.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:25 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
They should be thankful for your comments and stop the canned verbiage.
I think they are just thankful to be rid of me and move on to the next victim.

Clearly has to be one of the worst jobs ever. I imagine the first day of training could be summarized as: "We want you to please our customers, but we are not going to give you any ability to do so - Good luck and have fun!".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.