Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Still no CM or AV. And of course CA.
Don't forget, those are "separate issues."

Old May 31, 2017, 1:16 pm

Thank you for the update guys. I just booked a Europe trip with 2 legs on Lufthansa this Sunday because Swiss wasn't available. Called back to change it to Swiss and saved about $950 in surcharges after the change fee
Old May 31, 2017, 1:30 pm

Thanks for the info.

I'm starting to look at a mRTW and this might be a lot of help.

Now if they can get the two SA airlines re-connected, I'll be away.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by homeyG
Thank you for the update guys. I just booked a Europe trip with 2 legs on Lufthansa this Sunday because Swiss wasn't available. Called back to change it to Swiss and saved about $950 in surcharges after the change fee
But still having to pay that change fee (which was recently raised) is bogus.
Old May 31, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jmvnice
Here is the news I got - it is in English.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...les-for-swiss/
Old May 31, 2017, 5:21 pm

LX availablity is now showing back up on AE.

Edit: I see I'm late to the party .
Old May 31, 2017, 7:50 pm

Thanks.. I had to call in to book 2 Tickets but it made life MUCH Cheaper.

Just booked (All J seats except initial YOW-YUL flight)
YOW-YUL - AC
YUL-IST - TK
IST-ATH - TK STOPOVER
ATH-IST - TK
IST-BCN - TK STOPOVER
BCN-ZRH - LX
ZRH-YUL - LX
YUL-YOW - AC

I should of been able to do it online but online engine kept throwing the YOW to ATH segment onto AC or LH Metal from YUL-ATH. So I had to call in and book it.

230K Pts and $460 all in for 2 tickets including the $30 Call in Fee per ticket.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:38 pm

I booked on Swiss today as well! Business class TATL 😊

All J class
YYZ EWR on AC
EWR CPH - stopover - on SAS
CPH GVA on SAS

LUG ZHR on LX
ZRH YUL on LX
YUL YYZ on AC

110k points, $226.46 in fees, plus $33.90 call centre charge.

Very excited to try both SAS and SWISS!

It took some work though... I spent over 3 hours on the phone with both Aeroplan and Amex (they had some IT error delaying Amex point transfer)
Old May 31, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by midnightmartini
I booked on Swiss today as well! Business class TATL 😊

All J class
YYZ EWR on AC
EWR CPH - stopover - on SAS
CPH GVA on SAS

LUG ZHR on LX
ZRH YUL on LX
YUL YYZ on AC

110k points, $226.46 in fees, plus $33.90 call centre charge.

Very excited to try both SAS and SWISS!

It took some work though... I spent over 3 hours on the phone with both Aeroplan and Amex (they had some IT error delaying Amex point transfer)
Swiss being available makes me wanna re-work my whole mini-rtw...might have to look into it.

I can tell you CPH-GVA will be probably pretty lame. I flew ARN-BRU and AMS-ARN honestly, both were LCC level (I was in Econ) seat pitch was garbage, no IFE, no food, no legroom. By contrast I flew Norwegian from ARN-RIX and that was much more enjoyable...strange things happening in Europe for us outsiders. I am jealous though about the EWR-CPH flight! I was agonizing trying to find even Y space TATL from either coast for days on end and found nothing. So good on ya for grabbing it.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Swiss being available makes me wanna re-work my whole mini-rtw...might have to look into it.

I can tell you CPH-GVA will be probably pretty lame. I flew ARN-BRU and AMS-ARN honestly, both were LCC level (I was in Econ) seat pitch was garbage, no IFE, no food, no legroom. By contrast I flew Norwegian from ARN-RIX and that was much more enjoyable...strange things happening in Europe for us outsiders. I am jealous though about the EWR-CPH flight! I was agonizing trying to find even Y space TATL from either coast for days on end and found nothing. So good on ya for grabbing it.
Thanks! I'm mostly looking forward to the TATL portions mostly 😊 short haul flights are pretty basic regardless of cabin I think!

EWR to CPH was on a Saturday in August .. try checking satudays perhaps?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drvannostren

I can tell you CPH-GVA will be probably pretty lame. I flew ARN-BRU and AMS-ARN honestly, both were LCC level (I was in Econ) seat pitch was garbage, no IFE, no food, no legroom.
I don't believe SK still features business class on European flights. Last time I flew CDG-OSL, was Y only. No matter what your Aeroplan itinerary says.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Stranger
I don't believe SK still features business class on European flights. Last time I flew CDG-OSL, was Y only. No matter what your Aeroplan itinerary says.
I thought if you buy a 'biz' seat from Aeroplan, you just get the highest Y fare on SK - you get to sit in the seats at the front? Correct?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I thought if you buy a 'biz' seat from Aeroplan, you just get the highest Y fare on SK - you get to sit in the seats at the front? Correct?
Correct. And you get the miserable food they sell for free.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Here is the news I got - it is in English.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...les-for-swiss/
Nice to see Lucky H/T milesopedia for this
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Nice to see BDS once again available, as LX is the only *A carrier serving a few days weekly. Never should have happened with website outages for 'updates' multiple times weekly for hours at a time.

Now they need to get AV and CM up and running asap.

Aeroplan awards are useless when starting from PTY as I am now, no matter what Aeroplan Marketing likes to say about the 'myths are Aeroplan'.

https://www5.aeroplan.com/Myths.do?currentLanguage=en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.