LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Old May 3, 2017, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by ACSuperEliteFlyer
LX flights available on MileagePlus but still not showing up on Aeroplan.
The UA site has a history of showing phantom availability for LX flights. Are the flights bookable through UA?
Old May 3, 2017, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
The UA site has a history of showing phantom availability for LX flights. Are the flights bookable through UA?
It took less than a minute to book MIA-ZRH

On the same date, Aeroplan is showing one-stop via YYZ (+$213), FRA (+$255), and LIS (+$281)
If this "glitch" is not a cash grab by AC, I dont know what is.

Purchase summary
1 adult (18-64) 30,000 miles
Taxes and fees CA $7.70
Total 30,000 miles + CA $7.70
MileagePlus miles 30,000 miles
CA $7.70 (American Express-**1001)

Edit: Ticket issued about 2 minutes later.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
You're a pro Rankourabu, we both know what's going on there.

My bigger concern is if a call is placed, is the LX flight available. I don't wanna pay the phone fee when it's not necessary, especially when trying to book a direct flight. But hey, if that's my biggest gripe with them, then I'm ok.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren

My bigger concern is if a call is placed, is the LX flight available. I don't wanna pay the phone fee when it's not necessary, especially when trying to book a direct flight. But hey, if that's my biggest gripe with them, then I'm ok.
I called and was told LX flight is not available when it showed available on UA,AV,NH websites.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drvannostren

No worries there, they block it on the phone too.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:37 am

Same issue -- UA shows award tickets available on LX, but Aeroplan does not, for various days for Zurich to India (BOM / DEL), or from India to ZRH, either in Jan or Feb 2018.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
You will be always able to book AC, LH and the rest of the scamcharge airlines

The non scamcharge ones AC will claim technical issue...

This airline is incredible. The Mariana Trench depths they will plummet too to part customers with their money is pretty astounding.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The smallest state
This airline is incredible. The Mariana Trench depths they will plummet too to part customers with their money is pretty astounding.
CA, CM, AV, LX ... all 'techincal' glitches ....
Old May 4, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
So this was apparently working fine over the weekend (or at least Aeroplan's website was showing at least three business class seats from ZRH-MIA on my ideal travel dates), so stupid me transferred in 165k points from Amex and SPG only to find that by the time the SPG points arrived, the issue is back. Just spent 10 minutes with a supervisor who tried some "old school" ways to confirm the seats, but no dice.

Seats showing on EF, UA and NH. So frustrating...
Old May 4, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Deemus7
Seats showing on EF, UA and NH. So frustrating...
Same for me.

BDS-ZRH-YUL 10JUN

I seats available on all sites....except Aeroplan.

What concerns me even more these days is that Aimia appears to be mentoring AeroMexico's Club Premier program and things are going downhill there as well.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:35 pm

Fair enough, I just wanted to make sure the phone call was made

CA, CM, AV, LX ... all 'techincal' glitches ....
See, I was told CM was a technical thing.

I didn't know about the AV one until like this week.

LX I had problems even seeing the space on Expert Flyer and United. I was getting errors, so I started asking here. Someone posted that over on the LX forum they were experiencing some issues. Then the space came back. I FEEL like this one might be legit.

The CA one was explained to me as not technical. At least not the way I read it. I was told people were being denied boarding saying they "had no tickets" and the like and that AP wanted to get that sorted out before issuing any more tickets. Now one could think that's a technical issue, maybe the tickets were being booked incorrectly or something who knows. However, when you hear things like the CAAC is just flat out denying American a route despite a bilateral agreement, it makes me think otherwise.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:11 am

Hey, so just in case anyone was wondering...Avianca Brazil DOES work on the website. I just assumed it didn't since regular Avianca isn't working.

Just doing some digging, it appears that the TACA legacy flights still appear as well...just not the regular Avianca flights.

The other thing that gets me is the award calendar shows the right colour for availability, but no matter which day you click, it shows none.

Last edited by drvannostren; May 5, 2017 at 2:19 am
Old May 5, 2017, 8:05 pm

So? Has LX definitely gone out of sight?
Old May 6, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
So? Has LX definitely gone out of sight?
Based on my call to the help centre, yes. The supervisor to whom I spoke said that it was a communication problem between AC's and LX's system, and she said that there was no timeline for when it might be resolved. She tried manually forcing the inventory but it kept coming back unconfirmed.

I keep checking to see if it's come back, and I'll be sure to post here when I can finally confirm a flight! As long as the inventory is still there, of course...
Old May 6, 2017, 9:22 pm

Thanks for this information. I would like to hear about Air Canada SE on that topic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.