LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Old Jul 24, 17, 2:14 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I was trying to find BKK-ZRH or vice versa...no dice Couldn't find anything ZRH-JNB either. I guess as usual its hit or miss.
Old Aug 14, 17, 9:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Trying to find YUL-ZRH space. United shows plenty of I and X space available, Aeroplan only shows LH for that date for a $1,100 surcharge. Sigh.

[edit] is there any way around it? I tried getting an agent to direct-book it and failed.

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Aug 14, 17 at 9:32 pm
Old Aug 14, 17, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Trying to find YUL-ZRH space. United shows plenty of I and X space available, Aeroplan only shows LH for that date for a $1,100 surcharge. Sigh.

[edit] is there any way around it? I tried getting an agent to direct-book it and failed.
LX releases long haul business award seats to A* at T-300. UA sometimes shows phantom availability further out. What date are you looking at?
Old Aug 14, 17, 10:20 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post

Several months ago I found that LX YUL-ZRH was released on UA MP at 330 days out whereas 300 days out on AP. Maybe this is the case again.
Old Aug 14, 17, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by echino View Post
LX releases long haul business award seats to A* at T-300. UA sometimes shows phantom availability further out. What date are you looking at?
21AUG (that is to say, next week). I see space with UA and LM. Maybe phantom on both?.. but both X and I space.
Old Aug 14, 17, 10:49 pm

21 Aug YUL-ZRH is available on ANA as well, definitely not phantom.

Looks like LX is blocked by Aeroplan again. Try searching ZRH-GVA for example. No availability in any class on any date via Aeroplan.
Old Aug 14, 17, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by echino View Post
21 Aug YUL-ZRH is available on ANA as well, definitely not phantom.

Looks like LX is blocked by Aeroplan again. Try searching ZRH-GVA for example. No availability in any class on any date via Aeroplan.
Argh.

Wonder if there's any way to convince them to book this? I didn't succeed direct-booking this, came up unavailable. I obviously don't want to pay $1K for the LH flight...
Old Aug 15, 17, 12:05 am

Well, this is frustrating. I saw it appear for a few hours after the Aeroplan call centre closed, and now it's gone again. What the hell, seriously. No availability change on the other sites, so it's not like the space got booked.
Old Aug 15, 17, 9:44 am

Are you searching on your own tool, or AP site, or on ANX?
Old Aug 15, 17, 10:05 am

try BOS-ZRH there seems to be more out of there than YUL.

IMO - Seems like AP has been messing around w *A inventories to/from Canada on their site.
Old Aug 15, 17, 11:20 am

Definitely not blocked. Booked LAX-ZRH today and booked ZRH-YUL a few weeks ago.

One interesting thing I've found though. For LX flights agents are unable to see shorthaul segments within Europe if there is only 1 seat available...unlesss it's combined with a long haul segment.

For example searching segment by segment LAX-ZRH and ZRH-CDG showed no availability on the second segment but if searching LAX-CDG the seat showed up as available. I've had this happen a few times now in the last month.
Old Aug 15, 17, 11:27 am

LX is now available on Aeroplan again.
Old Sep 2, 17, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Just for an additional datapoint, I was able to book LX Biz via Aeroplan this morning albeit with a bit of difficulty.

I had an award booked SFO-ORD-IST-FCO flying Turkish TATL. Searching Aeroplan for a shorter routing earlier this week showed only LH with its accompanying fuel surchages.

Last night I spotted SFO-LAX-ZRH-FCO via LX on UA MP's site but wasn't seeing it on Aeroplan. I *was* able to see LAX-ZRH-FCO as well as SFO-LAX individually.

When I called in this morning the agent was able to see SFO-LAX no problem but claimed he couldn't see the LAX-ZRH segment. When I asked him to search for LAX-ZRH-FCO separately, he could see it and was able to stitch the itinerary together with SFO-LAX.

HTH
Old Sep 3, 17, 7:30 am

Update from my end. I was finally able to book the YUL-ZRH seats that I wanted (they kept appearing and disappearing in Aeroplan search results). Furthermore, there was a KRK-ZRH flight that would only show up as part of a KRK-(ZRH)-BRU itinerary, but not by itself; after a half hour on the phone with the rate desk, the agent was able to get me that flight, as well.
Old Sep 6, 17, 11:24 am

Programs: no status
Has anyone been able to book any LX F-class reward flights recently?

Or LH F-class?

Search this Thread