FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1838265-lx-not-bookable-aeroplan.html)

yerffej201 Apr 22, 2017 3:27 am

LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Just ran a week long search for ZRH-GVA, nothing shows up. Is LX going the way of Avianca and Copa too? :confused:

Edit: NH doesn't show anything while UA does. Maybe I spoke too quickly.

jerryhung Apr 22, 2017 8:33 am

I noticed no LX options yesterday too on my March 2018 searches, but I just assumed they're already booked. That's on simple ZRH-FCO route too (only see LH options)

Hoping it comes back then

BenSenise Apr 22, 2017 9:03 am

if you're just going zrh to gva, take the train. you can get to the station minutes before the train leaves and there's no security to go through. the ride is very scenic in places, especially as you go along the lac leman. it used to take 3 hours but could be faster now.
i used to do this route often when i lived there and i found the flight not worth the hassle.

yerffej201 Apr 22, 2017 10:04 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 28214765)
if you're just going zrh to gva, take the train. you can get to the station minutes before the train leaves and there's no security to go through. the ride is very scenic in places, especially as you go along the lac leman. it used to take 3 hours but could be faster now.
i used to do this route often when i lived there and i found the flight not worth the hassle.

Just an example - was actually looking at some TATL routes.

danjamespei Apr 22, 2017 10:19 am

I've been looking at the YUL-ZRH route for the past few months waiting for the availability to roll out for early Feb 2018. It was available earlier this week then was completely gone. It's not showing up for any route or date any more.

Any thoughts, ideas, reasons?

karlpenney Apr 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by danjamespei (Post 28215021)
I've been looking at the YUL-ZRH route for the past few months waiting for the availability to roll out for early Feb 2018. It was available earlier this week then was completely gone. It's not showing up for any route or date any more.

Any thoughts, ideas, reasons?

If it is available on ua.com or ana.co.jp, maybe you can book with AP if you call in. The AP online search doesn't seem to show that route when there are other AC options available.

danjamespei Apr 22, 2017 12:35 pm

@karlpenney I've called Aeroplan 3 times now and they can't see the inventory either. I can confirm it is still available through UA (but my point balance resides in AP).

danjamespei Apr 22, 2017 12:52 pm

I was able to push this up the chain of command at Aeroplan and they were able to confirm that all LX flights are currently being suppressed from their inventory due to a technical issue.

They said they have no timeframe on when it will be restored but to keep checking back "soon".

D404 Apr 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by danjamespei (Post 28215607)
I was able to push this up the chain of command at Aeroplan and they were able to confirm that all LX flights are currently being suppressed from their inventory due to a technical issue.

They said they have no timeframe on when it will be restored but to keep checking back "soon".

Soon, the question is going to be 'which airlines can I book at all?' rather than which can't I.

rankourabu Apr 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by D404 (Post 28215684)
Soon, the question is going to be 'which airlines can I book at all?' rather than which can't I.

You will be always able to book AC, LH and the rest of the scamcharge airlines ;)

The non scamcharge ones AC will claim technical issue...

Jumper Jack Apr 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 28216055)
You will be always able to book AC, LH and the rest of the scamcharge airlines ;)

You mean until 2019 lol

drvannostren Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm

LX award space

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has been having problems finding award space on LX lately?

So I had seen space for about 3 days on LX 181 from BKK-ZRH Oct 16/17/18. That was on EF, which I confirmed on Aeroplan's search.

Now EF errors out or tells me there's no space on LX (it actually doesn't even show the flight) on and of those day at all. Aeroplan doesn't seem to show anything for LX.

ANA search tool errors out.

UA search shows me award space on almost all carriers but not LX.

So the obvious answer would just be "well there's no space", but then why do they all error out? The first line on EF gives me..."An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

So I'm wondering if there's some internal problem with awards right now at LX or if somehow I'm the only one with this issue?

I tried searching a few different LX routes on diff days with all the classes open too and am getting the same type of error outs.

--MODs feel free to move this, it covers a few different forums I suppose, but AP is my main program so I figured I'd ask it here.

D404 Apr 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Yep, it's not just you.

imverge Apr 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by D404 (Post 28215684)

^

I guess its too much to expect that they should have some notice on the website stating LX is currently unavailable.

While they are at it add: COPA, Avianca, Air China to the list!

eigenvector Apr 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Burn those AP points while you can, folks. It only goes downhill from here.