Wiki Posts
Search

LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by newbie2008
I've been waiting for ages for LX flight to show up. What would you guys do in this situation.

I want to fly from HKG-ZRH. There's direct flight from LX, but we can't book it on Aeroplan. Aeroplan does show an alternative HKG-IST-ZRH. Should I take that or wait till LX to show up? I've never connected at IST before, is it a hassle?
Yes, take it, it's a good and scamcharge free airline with a great lounge in IST and a painless transfer.
​​​​​​You ll be waiting for Aeroplan to unblock Swiss until the Leafs win the cup.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Gotta love this whole situation...

I found perfect availability for a departure and arrival time on a day that I want...BUT it's an AV/CM mixed itinerary from EZE-MSY. Such a bummer that it's flat out, unavailable to me.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Gotta love this whole situation...

I found perfect availability for a departure and arrival time on a day that I want...BUT it's an AV/CM mixed itinerary from EZE-MSY. Such a bummer that it's flat out, unavailable to me.
Trade you United miles, 3:1 ratio

I had to spend valuable UA miles for SCL-YYZ, where I'd like to burn Aeroplan miles. Feel your pain.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by rankourabu
You ll be waiting for Aeroplan to unblock Swiss until the Leafs win the cup.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Deemus7
Just an update...LX is still not showing online, and first level phone agents are not able to book either. However, when I escalated to a supervisor, she went through what she called a "backup system" and was able to confirm three business class seats that were showing on United, ANA and ExpertFlyer. She said that the SWISS issues had been fixed but were still in the "test" phase and thus hadn't been released online.

Imagine that...less than 24 hours after my article and the SWISS issue is resolved!!

Of course she spelled our last names incorrectly, so I am now on hold to resolve that issue. Nevertheless, hopefully this is good news!!!
I just called and did this exactly. I had a 3rd level supervisor confirm they do have an issue with LX but they wouldnt actually do any of the steps and asked me to wait until the issue was fixed. I am going to try and call again but not sure how to force their hand
Old May 24, 2017, 6:40 pm

I just transferred 100k points for redemption and now can't book because Swiss is unavailable. I think this warrants a Class Action Lawsuit as they are obviously doing this on purpose. Anyone know a good lawyer? Lol
Old May 24, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by homeyG
I just transferred 100k points for redemption and now can't book because Swiss is unavailable. I think this warrants a Class Action Lawsuit as they are obviously doing this on purpose. Anyone know a good lawyer? Lol
Sorry to hear about your dead end, but this is an important lesson for everyone out there: don't transfer to Aeroplan until you're actually ready to redeem the miles.
Old May 25, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC
I spoke to AP today to see if a mRTW routing I was considering was valid. Chatted with the agent (who was very knowledgeable and helpful) about LX availability. She mentioned that their IT group had tested a solution today which didn't end up working. She was fairly confident that the issue would be resolved shortly. From what she said (or at least what she's been told), it seemed like it is a legitimate IT issue and not a shift in policy to block access to YQ-free airlines. Let's hope that's the case.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Yes, take it, it's a good and scamcharge free airline with a great lounge in IST and a painless transfer.
​​​​​​You ll be waiting for Aeroplan to unblock Swiss until the Leafs win the cup.
Fingers crossed that' really the case. Same thing has been said about Air China for years.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:08 am

Finger's crossed here too...

I'd love to take this trip with my wife.. but it makes it a LOT more affordable on LX in and out of ZRH. This is 2 ppl in business class - direct flights. It all looks like a great trip - except for the surcharges... sheesh....

Old May 26, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Why is it that AC/AE are regularly having IT multiple issues? How does senior management keep their jobs with this ongoing situation?

The LX issue is directly affecting me again with currently booked BDS-ZRH early next month. The flight is confirmed, but I need to push it back a couple of days.

This is the ONLY possible *A flight (no, EN does not count as most of of know).

Old May 26, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Toddcan
Finger's crossed here too...

I'd love to take this trip with my wife.. but it makes it a LOT more affordable on LX in and out of ZRH. This is 2 ppl in business class - direct flights. It all looks like a great trip - except for the surcharges... sheesh....
I booked to/from Zurich for this fall, just prior to LX availability dropping off. Aeroplan phone rep was convinced LX charged YQ, same as AC, going as far as warning me LX fees would be high. I couldn't find a return flight on LX at the time that worked for me but booked one way at least.

When my total came up he was genuinely surprised at how low it was (even though it was still high compared with an all LX trip). I was left somewhat stunned at that level of misinformation.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I had the same misinformation earlier this month with a clueless agent concerning TP YQ. She was convinced she was right and only partially relented later in the call after checking with ticketing.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:19 am

I keep tweeting CBC about it, hoping that maybe they will pick up this story. There have been multiples stories that they reported on in regards to airlines behaving badly in the last couple of months.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC Peon / Hyatt Discoverist
This is getting unbelievably frustrating. I'm based in Switzerland so SWISS from ZRH & GVA are my two real options.

What would have been a simple 2 hr flight with SWISS is now routed via Germany/Austria to 4+ hrs.

Seriously...! Not easy with a baby!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.