Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I am totally not ok with how AC displays my name to be PEES. That is offensive to me.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ridefar
I can attest with 100% certainty that isn't the case.
Funny, every flight I have checked appears to show the list of upgraded passengers to be in alphabetical order.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Funny, every flight I have checked appears to show the list of upgraded passengers to be in alphabetical order.
Same here. And it makes perfect sense... you only care about your position on the list while you're waitlisted. But once you clear, it's easier to find your name if the list is sorted alphabetically.

Although, that being said, I wouldn't be surprised to find inconsistencies in the implementation
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ffsim
Same here. And it makes perfect sense... you only care about your position on the list while you're waitlisted. But once you clear, it's easier to find your name if the list is sorted alphabetically.

Although, that being said, I wouldn't be surprised to find inconsistencies in the implementation
My last name either starts with ABCD and is always at the end of the list, or WXYZ and is always at the start of the list. So...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I care about my name on the list when I'm KEN,S, and the last person on the list is ABC,D, an employee.

And ABC,D clears, but I do not.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I care about my name on the list when I'm KEN,S, and the last person on the list is ABC,D, an employee.

We are talking about the list of confirmed, not the standby list. The standby list is not alphabetical, the cleared list is. Once you get a green check, you go alphabetical.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:24 am

We are talking about the list of confirmed, not the standby list. The standby list is not alphabetical, the cleared list is. Once you get a green check, you go alphabetical.
I don't.

That is what I am saying above. 100% I am not listed alphabetically on the cleared list. The next four names after me start with F, H, Z, and P. In that order. And I wouldn't be first if it was alphabetical.

Last edited by ridefar; May 1, 2017 at 6:32 am
Old May 1, 2017, 7:08 am

I don't.

That is what I am saying above. 100% I am not listed alphabetically on the cleared list. The next four names after me start with F, H, Z, and P. In that order. And I wouldn't be first if it was alphabetical.
What is the flight number? I haven't seen that on my search.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:38 am

What is the flight number? I haven't seen that on my search.
just DM'd you.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I don't.

First of all, don't take my stubbornness as an indication that I believe you don't know the difference between alphabetical- and non-alphabetical-ordered lists

Secondly, I keep pulling up random flights and all cleared pax *appear* to be listed alphabetically. Without exception. So maybe as an MM you're "isolated"? Or maybe it's a bug. But clearly F, H, Z and P does not jive with what I'm seeing.

Beats me.

ETA: I wonder if your own request / cleared upgrade is placed at the top of the list for "booked" flights. All the lists I've looked at have been "tracked," so maybe the app is smart enough to differentiate between a flight you're on and one you're watching. In the case of the former, you're put at the top of the cleared list, in the case of the latter, it's shown alphabetically.

Last edited by ffsim; May 1, 2017 at 7:50 am Reason: Added last bit
Old May 1, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: *$ Green

Next time, just tell the gate agent to undo ABC,D's upgrade from the DCS and to upgrade someone else from the list. See what happens.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I am totally not ok with how AC displays my name to be PEES. That is offensive to me.
But, is it inaccurate?
Old May 1, 2017, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by ffsim
First of all, don't take my stubbornness as an indication that I believe you don't know the difference between alphabetical- and non-alphabetical-ordered lists

Secondly, I keep pulling up random flights and all cleared pax *appear* to be listed alphabetically. Without exception. So maybe as an MM you're "isolated"? Or maybe it's a bug. But clearly F, H, Z and P does not jive with what I'm seeing.

Beats me.

ETA: I wonder if your own request / cleared upgrade is placed at the top of the list for "booked" flights. All the lists I've looked at have been "tracked," so maybe the app is smart enough to differentiate between a flight you're on and one you're watching. In the case of the former, you're put at the top of the cleared list, in the case of the latter, it's shown alphabetically.
Every flight that I have been upgraded on has shown me on the list, in the proper alphabetical order.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
I'm on my first e-up'd flights since the app has gone live for iOS, and it does seem to work a little differently than UA. I confirmed at T-10, and when I checked the app this morning, my name wasn't on the list with the checkmark, but once I did OLCI and checked the flight status again, then I was on the list, with the confirmed checkmark. So, it appears that a cleared E-Up is just part of the "booked" number prior to OLCI, then you populate the list once your boarding pass is issued. Which I guess makes sense, as I'd have to assume it works the same way for gate upgrades (checkmark after e-up is confirmed, and new BP issued).

What would really be slick would be for your e-boarding pass to automatically update with your new seat assignment once your upgrade cleared. Would save a ton of work for GA. And those with paper BP would just get the beep and a new BP when they boarded (like Delta).

Last edited by VoodooYYC; May 1, 2017 at 9:02 am
Old May 1, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like it.

(And it explains. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.