FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standby and Upgrade List
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2017, 7:47 am
ffsim

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ridefar
I don't.

That is what I am saying above. 100% I am not listed alphabetically on the cleared list. The next four names after me start with F, H, Z, and P. In that order. And I wouldn't be first if it was alphabetical.
First of all, don't take my stubbornness as an indication that I believe you don't know the difference between alphabetical- and non-alphabetical-ordered lists

Secondly, I keep pulling up random flights and all cleared pax *appear* to be listed alphabetically. Without exception. So maybe as an MM you're "isolated"? Or maybe it's a bug. But clearly F, H, Z and P does not jive with what I'm seeing.

Beats me.

ETA: I wonder if your own request / cleared upgrade is placed at the top of the list for "booked" flights. All the lists I've looked at have been "tracked," so maybe the app is smart enough to differentiate between a flight you're on and one you're watching. In the case of the former, you're put at the top of the cleared list, in the case of the latter, it's shown alphabetically.

Last edited by ffsim; May 1, 2017 at 7:50 am Reason: Added last bit