Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AleEat
Sorry, I'm still confused by the upgrade list.

My flight is showing Capacity: 16, Booked: 11, Checked in: 10.

There are 3 names with check marks. There are 7 names (1-7).

Can I assume there are 5 seats (16 minus 11) available for upgrades?

Do the 3 names with check marks get the first 3 of the 5 available seats, leaving 2 seats for the list of 7 names? Or are the 3 names with check marks included in the 11 "booked" seats - leaving all 5 seats available for the list of 7 names numbered 1-7?

Thanks
The ones with the green check marks are confirmed and included in the list of those checked in. The list of stand-bys begins below them.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
The ones with the green check marks are confirmed and included in the list of those checked in. The list of stand-bys begins below them.
Thanks but, are they included in the number of seats "Booked".
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Yes. That's how I understand it.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
If you have a confirmed eUpgrade you are included in the amount booked. As Sparse pointed out, sometimes the number checked-in exceeds the number booked. I do not know where they come from.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM

Do the 3 names with check marks get the first 3 of the 5 available seats, leaving 2 seats for the list of 7 names? Or are the 3 names with check marks included in the 11 "booked" seats - leaving all 5 seats available for the list of 7 names numbered 1-7?

Thanks
The three with check marks are included in the booked and checked in. So 5 of the 7 should get an upgrade assuming nothing changed. Which it will.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
That's actually an interesting question, and I dont think anyone will have an explanation.

The reason I say this is because ive noticed on one of my flights the following:

Available: 30 Booked: 20 Checked-in: 25

So I'm leaning on saying that the opups and upgrades go to checked in, but not in booked.

Or maybe the eups go to booked, and opups go to checked in.

Who knows really.
The booked number comes from another system. It is the number of available seats minus the number left for sale. Sometimes the J1-9 number is moved manually due to Y being oversold or onloading. So there might really be J5 but Y is -9 or something. They blank it to J0.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Thanks
16-11=5 is the correct math for your question.

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
That's actually an interesting question, and I dont think anyone will have an explanation.

The reason I say this is because ive noticed on one of my flights the following:

Available: 30 Booked: 20 Checked-in: 25

So I'm leaning on saying that the opups and upgrades go to checked in, but not in booked.

Or maybe the eups go to booked, and opups go to checked in.

Who knows really.
Did that scenario occur after the flight was under gate control? Once the GA starts processing things, I suspect the numbers stop being very useful.

Originally Posted by Cozmo456
The booked number comes from another system. It is the number of available seats minus the number left for sale. Sometimes the J1-9 number is moved manually due to Y being oversold or onloading. So there might really be J5 but Y is -9 or something. They blank it to J0.
The "booked" number is not "the number of available seats minus the number left for sale".

The "number left for sale" has nothing to do with what the upgrade list will show, which you seem to understand.

The "booked" number is literally how many people are confirmed in the cabin. There's no math involved. In your J5 Y-9 scenario where they're selling J0 Y0, a 16 seat cabin would show 11 booked, not 16.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I can't remember TBH. But if I had to guess from memory, I would say after.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Thanks everyone. Just to confirm, when the flight closed, 5 upgrades were immediately cleared.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I was flying in PY on AC311 Thursday (10/5). Was fine with my seat, and saw at least 15 people waiting on the Upgrade list already.

When dropping off my bag, check-in agent convinced me to add my name to the list. She said there was currently no one else on it. After she added me, I showed up ahead of everyone on the list, and ultimately got the last available seat.

Where would the 15 names come from if she couldn't see them? Is it non-rev or something else?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
I was flying in PY on AC311 Thursday (10/5). Was fine with my seat, and saw at least 15 people waiting on the Upgrade list already.

When dropping off my bag, check-in agent convinced me to add my name to the list. She said there was currently no one else on it. After she added me, I showed up ahead of everyone on the list, and ultimately got the last available seat.

Where would the 15 names come from if she couldn't see them? Is it non-rev or something else?
If you are in PY and everyone else on the list is in Y (or of lower status) then you'll get it ahead of them.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by JordanYVR

Given her statement, I'd bet non-rev or standby.

The upgrade list is not an upgrade list. It's the onload list for the J cabin, which includes standby.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:01 am

This is interesting.

I'm booked on 739 today, in "I" class.
I'm on standby for 753, and I show on the "upgrade" list.

However, I'm also showing on the list for 739 with a checkmark. Or at least, I think it's me.

Edit: Apparently there was an equipment change (763 to 321), and because my seat changed (I guess there's no 8A on the 321 ), I get added to the onload list. Weird.

Last edited by canadiancow; Oct 8, 2017 at 9:10 am
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Help me understand who trumped me on this one

Calling all experts on the upgrade app list and the onload or DCS or whatever it is called. I was on AC 459 today from YOW - YYZ departing at 4pm. I was travelling home from YYC and took an extra connection for more miles naturally . I checked in roughly 24 hours before my departing YYC flight and my boarding pass for AC 459 had seq 1. I originally added myself to the upgrade waitlist when it opened 10 days ago. Upon getting to the gate in YOW I noticed business was booked and checked in 7 of 9 on the app. I was #2 on the waitlist from refreshing the app with about 45 minutes before the flight.
Name:  IMG_3490.PNG
Views: 931
Size:  67.7 KB
Name:  IMG_3491.PNG
Views: 1010
Size:  69.4 KB

I then asked the GA when upgrades would be processed and she asked for my name and said it didn't look good, the other GA mentioned two other people that were not on the list. I was puzzled and refreshed the app again and at 3:19 basically right before I think they ran or processed whatever they do I was still number 2 and did not see these other two people. Right after 3:20 when the system I guess was processing upgrades and standbys I refreshed the app and sure enough these two other people trumped me and the person who was previously #1 on the list. I am a regular SE but was travelling on a lower Flex fare I am just curious where / how these other two people showed up but were never on the app until they processed the upgrades?

Thanks,
ksm06

Last edited by ksm06; Oct 18, 2017 at 7:24 pm
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:11 pm

It's hard to tell with the minimal information available in those screenshots.

I would have shown the screenshot to the GA as soon as their statement didn't match what you saw. Not to be combative, but just to see if it could be clarified. After the fact, and without real data, we can't help much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.