Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

R space oddity / 2017 IKK devaluation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R space oddity / 2017 IKK devaluation?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I'm still not seeing anything on an all 9's flight, including R9 and K9, and actually spoke with someone who was able to tell me the load is only 4 sold in J (of 24) and 59 sold in Y of 258 and I still can't IKK (2 weeks out from departure).
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The Aeroplan rep I spoke with claimed it was fixed, but I definitely see flights that should have IKK space, but don't.

As a result of this, best case scenario, I'm flying SFO-YYC-YVR (UA/AC) tomorrow, instead of SFO-YVR (AC) today.

Worst case scenario, I have to cancel (i.e. not book) my entire trip.

I'm writing in about this once the weekend has passed.
It is definitely not fixed. Unless fixed = the program is over.

As of 30 seconds ago, there was still no domestic or international J capacity available via priority rewards (that wasn't also available as a standard reward).
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ridefar
It is definitely not fixed. Unless fixed = the program is over.

As of 30 seconds ago, there was still no domestic or international J capacity available via priority rewards (that wasn't also available as a standard reward).
Oh I know it's not fixed.

But the Aeroplan agents seem to be under the impression it is.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:46 pm

Oh I know it's not fixed.

But the Aeroplan agents seem to be under the impression it is.
Well, as I posted upthread a little, the AE agent I talked to yesterday wasn't even aware there was an issue. LOL.

So... maybe we should start an over/under on how long this goes on? And a second on if the fix means that it goes back to the way it was, or if the fix concludes with a significant reduction to IKK inventory.

If you are fine with it, let the board know who you plan to write to. A considerate but clear note coming from more than one individual might have greater impact.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:47 pm

Well, as I posted upthread a little, the AE agent I talked to yesterday wasn't even aware there was an issue. LOL.

So... maybe we should start an over/under on how long this goes on? And a second on if the fix means that it goes back to the way it was, or if the fix concludes with a significant reduction to IKK inventory.

If you are fine with it, let the board know who you plan to write to. A considerate but clear note coming from more than one individual might have greater impact.
I'm going to write to customer relations.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Email Ben Smith. Having dealt with him for years I know he values loyalty, will act on it ASAP.
I suggest SEs who are being impacted contact Ben S if you guys want this fixed pronto.
This debacle has not & will not impact me so I have no reason to contact him or anyone @ AE or AC.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Email Ben Smith. Having dealt with him for years I know he values loyalty, will act on it ASAP.
I suggest SEs who are being impacted contact Ben S if you guys want this fixed pronto.
This debacle has not & will not impact me so I have no reason to contact him or anyone @ AE or AC.
Sound advice.

I will shortly find out if he automatically sends emails from me to his trash bin (more than likely he does). I am certainly not on his x-mas card list!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Sound advice.

I will shortly find out if he automatically sends emails from me to his trash bin (more than likely he does). I am certainly not on his x-mas card list!
Ben S would never send emails especially from a SE into the trash.
Ben is very good @ responding especially to a SE email with genuine issue. I would be very surprise if he did not. If he is away than yes it may not be immediately; he would respond once he returns.
I recall participants had issue with one of EWY. I emailed Ben. Within 24 hours he acted on it. He is very good @ acting on genuine issues.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
I did that on Jan 9. I have not yet heard back from him, but I am confident that I will.

I do not contact Ben S very often, but when I do, he always does respond.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Member

The Aeroplan rep I spoke with claimed it was fixed, but I definitely see flights that should have IKK space, but don't.
That doesn't mean it's not fixed.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer
That doesn't mean it's not fixed.
Yes it does.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Air Canada SE 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis First, AA Gold
I noticed a couple of times over the past few days (including just now) long haul reward seats in business are totally unavailable. Some of the options with 1 or 2 stops have a domestic connection to a different domestic hub in business--BUT the long haul leg is always unavailable in Business.

This does not look like a glitch to my technical eye....

Given the non-response from the AC/AE my this is not a glitch to my commercial eye...
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I did ( a few moments ago) random YOW-YVR searches (direct and via YYZ) for J class next month. No priority J class awards available; plenty of priority Y class awards available.

I also noticed what AC MMSE has posted.

Perhaps the resolution the glitch is step-wise - first the short-haul flights.

If AC has indeed changed the program and that practically J class priority awards at least on long-haul flights have been eliminated - then one of the main benefits of being SE would have been eliminated?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:51 am

There have been no policy or "availability" changes.

AC is making flights available for IKK, but Aeroplan is not seeing it.

The big problem right now is that Aeroplan (or at least some people there) think it's fixed.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: Air Canada SE 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis First, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I did ( a few moments ago) random YOW-YVR searches (direct and via YYZ) for J class next month. No priority J class awards available; plenty of priority Y class awards available.

I also noticed what AC MMSE has posted.

Perhaps the resolution the glitch is step-wise - first the short-haul flights.

If AC has indeed changed the program and that practically J class priority awards at least on long-haul flights have been eliminated - then one of the main benefits of being SE would have been eliminated?

If they change this why are we wasting our time being an SE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.