Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC/CX sign codeshare deal for Canada/S.E. Asia and reciprocal FFM earning/redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC/CX sign codeshare deal for Canada/S.E. Asia and reciprocal FFM earning/redemption

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Called AC today to no avail.

Was asked to call CX. I am sure CX will just tell me to go back to AC since they had issued the ticket.

I assume I would check-in with AC and get boarding pass including CX segment? If CX need to see my travel docs, I may not have time to get it to them in time before check-in closes (will be in air on AC segment to transit to CX). Also check-in counter at CX in YYZ (originating airport) does not open until after my AC flight would leave for HKG.

And advice?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Called AC today to no avail.

Was asked to call CX. I am sure CX will just tell me to go back to AC since they had issued the ticket.

I assume I would check-in with AC and get boarding pass including CX segment? If CX need to see my travel docs, I may not have time to get it to them in time before check-in closes (will be in air on AC segment to transit to CX). Also check-in counter at CX in YYZ (originating airport) does not open until after my AC flight would leave for HKG.

And advice?
CX should be able to help you with the seat selection, etc.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:31 pm

Booked 2 seats in J, BKK-HKG. Was 4 available, and now 2 showing on BA, but Aeroplan is unable to book a one more seat on that flight. Been like this for 3 months now
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:56 am

Cathay Pacific Code Share - How long for points to post?

I did a search but couldn't find an answer - can anyone please tell me how long it takes for points to post from a CX Code-share flight? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
They won't

you need to send your BP in with your original ticket to get credit (same with Virgin Australia)
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Also, just in case anyone else is stopping by this thread...

From the Aeroplan Partner page for Cathay:
  • Aeroplan Miles earned on all eligible Cathay Pacific flights do not count towards Air Canada Altitude™ status.
  • Be sure to provide your Aeroplan number when you make a reservation.
  • Always save your itinerary receipt, ticket (where available) and boarding pass until the miles have been credited to your account. If the miles for a recent activity have not been credited to your Aeroplan account, you can request to have the missing miles within six months of the activity date. Learn more about Requesting Mileage Credit
  • Please refer to the charts below to see how many miles you will earn.
  • Codeshare flights operated by Cathay Pacific and marketed by Air Canada; Cathay Pacific determine how many miles you earn for your flights. Therefore, the booking class that appears on your ticket may differ from the booking class that the operating airline uses to determine flight miles earned. Refer to the Eligible Flights Tab of the operating carrier.
  • Mileage earned is based on actual miles flown, the percentage of booking class accumulation and the minimum mile rule.
https://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...=CathayPacific
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999
They won't
Saw that and jumped! Thanks for the heads up and also to @24left for posting the Wiki Page.

No status miles???? Really??? Oh well, will request the credit now...thanks again.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
1) Flew CX (AC codeshare) flights intra-SE Asia last month - 014 tickets credited to AC

2) Submitted boarding passes a week ago; tried to claim missing AP miles, since they didn't post within the prescribed time period (not surprising)

3) Received email this afternoon miles the claim was denied on the basis of ineligible booking class

4) Called AP earlier in the evening, and ended up spending about 30 minutes but no definitive answers. I was told someone would call me within a week or so once they do more review why miles couldn't be posted.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still no AP miles on CX flights after a whole month - the saga continues
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So I have a CX J segment on an Aeroplan ticket. Cathay's website shows that I have my Aeroplan membership on the file. I assume AC*G means literally nothing to CX?

Though I also suspect that being in J gives me anything *G would anyway.

Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: TK *G
There are a few things you can get as *G (OW Sapphire/Emerald in this case) but not paid J. Priority standby, reservation, and treatment during IRROPS, etc.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
There are a few things you can get as *G (OW Sapphire/Emerald in this case) but not paid J. Priority standby, reservation, and treatment during IRROPS, etc.
But I'm not OWS/OWE. I'm *G
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@Repooc17 @yyz-kin
I just realized I forgot to post an update or answer with our experience.

@lcohen999 is correct. You need to submit the BP and fill out the form on Aeroplan's site of course.

We flew on a paid 014 AC ticket that included 4 sectors, 2 TPACs on AC, 2 regional flights, one on a *A partner and the other on a CX codeshare.

Needless to say, we each received an email from Aeroplan more than a month later with the following sentences:

-----
"Thank you for submitting your request for the missing miles for the flight(s) you recently took with our airline partner(s). Unfortunately, we are unable to credit the miles to your account for the reason(s) listed below.

Reason(s) provided

PASSENGER DID NOT TRAVEL ON THE FLIGHT

The request for your missing miles was not approved by our airline partner because they could not find the name you entered on the passenger list for that flight.

Aeroplan Miles can only be awarded to members who travelled and were present on the flight at the time of departure. Aeroplan Miles are not awarded for non-refundable flights when the passenger does not make the flight."

-----

LOL, right?

Of course we called Aeroplan and it seemed quite the hassle to get the Aeroplan miles posted. We said that if they could not meet the codeshare agreement that specifies Aeroplan miles will be earned, then they should advise customers as such. We were all in paid biz. I imagine this could be a challenge if you are on a Y ticket where the class may not map.

It took some time and the miles eventually posted but I am not inspired. Perhaps things have improved since we flew, but still.

Also, we had another annoying AC (IT) experience. We were unable to get our digital BPs for our AC flights. YET !!!! we were able to pull up the CX BP on the CX app and the other *A partner BP on their app. (AC staff claimed that they see this often with similar codeshares. IMHO, stupid and fix it.)

And we found this somewhat amusing. Note the CX status Tier on the BP. LOL

Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:07 pm

I like how it says "A STAR ALLIANCE MEMBER"

Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Lol. I think that's how the blank NH stock is though.

​​​​​
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.