Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Throwback Thursday

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've always wondered that story was true, or whether he was just trashing the place like a rock star would trash their dressing room or hotel room...

Wait, I better add a so he doesn't think I'm serious
So you believe that it happened, just not the reason for it happening?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So you believe that it happened, just not the reason for it happening?
Exactly! You just got carried away partying too hard!
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 22, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Another YYZ AC Boeing Dream Tour Photo

Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:00 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Where was that event, YYZ?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Where was that event, YYZ?
Yep. YYZ AC hangar next to T3
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:19 am

6420 Silver Dart Drive ?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

6420 Silver Dart Drive ?
I believe so
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:04 pm

Presumably Boeing was flying that plane around on a press tour or something like that? Your previous post suggests it was around 2011/12?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Presumably Boeing was flying that plane around on a press tour or something like that? Your previous post suggests it was around 2011/12?
Yeah, a press tour.

IIRC it was March 2012 when it arrived at YYZ.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:22 pm

Yeah, a press tour.

IIRC it was March 2012 when it arrived at YYZ.
I was a lowly Elite or E35K or something at the time. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go to the next one of these. Although I didn't get invited to any of the CSeries stuff
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Adam Smith - Now that you are a mighty FT Moderator the invitations will flow like the Bow River during Spring runoff.

But not in a destructive kind of way, of course.

I was a lowly Elite or E35K or something at the time. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go to the next one of these. Although I didn't get invited to any of the CSeries stuff
From what I know, they tend to invite SE MMs whose address is in the vicinity of the event.

I'll never get invited through normal channels. You probably won't either, for the same reason, but also due to lack of MM. There are simply too many SEs to invite them all to every event.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, the Dream Tour coincided with AC's 75th Anniversary celebration - and it was the same event in one, IIRC.

Well what did you finish 2012 with?
There was the introduction of FIN 801 (well, that's what I remember) in March 2013, IIRC. SEs were invited.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Adam Smith - Now that you are a mighty FT Moderator the invitations will flow like the Bow River during Spring runoff.

But not in a destructive kind of way, of course.
🤣 If they read FT, I suspect they don't like me very much for constantly complaining about the IT, refund policies, etc... Then again, I've also been called an apologist many times, so maybe they'll see me as exactly the type of balanced person they should invite for an honest perspective

From what I know, they tend to invite SE MMs whose address is in the vicinity of the event.

I'll never get invited through normal channels. You probably won't either, for the same reason, but also due to lack of MM. There are simply too many SEs to invite them all to every event.
So what you're saying is I need to accelerate achieving MM status? And possibly change my address to the vicinity of upcoming cool events?

Yeah, the Dream Tour coincided with AC's 75th Anniversary celebration - and it was the same event in one, IIRC.

Well what did you finish 2012 with?
I don't know. When did they create the different levels of E? Whatever year that was, I started it at 35K, and ended it at 50K or 75K. First year I qualified for SE was 2013 though.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know. When did they create the different levels of E? Whatever year that was, I started it at 35K, and ended it at 50K or 75K. First year I qualified for SE was 2013 though.
If you're referring to the Altitude program when they created the new E75 level and demoted "Elite" to E35K/*S, then IIRC that took effect for the 2013 year.

Those were simpler times.

Back to the 75th Anniversary / Dream Tour event at YYZ, I also remember they were providing hot buffet... but for some reason all I remember in the buffet were hot dogs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.