Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Current eUpgrade Promotion for eUpgrade Requests Made Until June 30, 2020

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/special-offers/eupgrade-offer.html

Upgrades to Business Class

US

Europe/Middle East/South America

Asia/Australia
Upgrades to Premium Economy

US (This is the only promotion for Premium Economy at this time)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by expert7700
Actually, I think that pricing out a one way and picking 'show only flights available with upgrade" will do this. The screen that shows # of credits required also shows a copay, and also has a link to show the cost of a flight with less eups (and likely no copay) required
I tried messing around with this just now and still can't find a way to figure it out.

None of the Flex options, for any date I choose (and for a route, say YYZ YVR) show eups + copay under Flex. It just gives the old option of choosing a higher Flex, which gives the lesser eup requirement. The only place it shows copay is, as expected, under Tango. But under Flex, there is no way to pick one of three (10 eUps + copay, 10eUps only, and choose higher Flex). Do you have an example where it shows a copay amount under Flex?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I tried messing around with this just now and still can't find a way to figure it out.

None of the Flex options, for any date I choose (and for a route, say YYZ YVR) show eups + copay under Flex. It just gives the old option of choosing a higher Flex, which gives the lesser eup requirement. The only place it shows copay is, as expected, under Tango. But under Flex, there is no way to pick one of three (10 eUps + copay, 10eUps only, and choose higher Flex). Do you have an example where it shows a copay amount under Flex?
On YVR-YYZ, I couldn't get it to show any Flex lower than G, so it can only show the 10 eUp and 4 eUp options.

On YWG-YYZ, it offered me 6 eUps + $100 (Flex T), but also gave me the option for 6 eUps (Flex G). However, it did not then offer me a Flex H to save a few eUps.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
On YVR-YYZ, I couldn't get it to show any Flex lower than G, so it can only show the 10 eUp and 4 eUp options.

On YWG-YYZ, it offered me 6 eUps + $100 (Flex T), but also gave me the option for 6 eUps (Flex G). However, it did not then offer me a Flex H to save a few eUps.
Ok I see that too now.

It's like they have a problem with showing all three choices. Design constraint or whatever. Lame.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by expert7700
Actually, I think that pricing out a one way and picking 'show only flights available with upgrade" will do this. The screen that shows # of credits required also shows a copay, and also has a link to show the cost of a flight with less eups (and likely no copay) required

Thanks ^

Bottom line about the current website restrictions:
Lame.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
So yes "low" "Flex" (i.e. the new TG Flex fares that share the same classes as Tango) requires copay, but if these "low" "Flex" fares had been called something else like "TinkyWinky", then nobody would be complaining about Flex because nothing would have changed.

The thing that sucks for those is having corporate policies that require Tango or the *new* "low Flex" class ranges which both require copay.
As one of those required to (sometimes) book lowest flex, I wonder if it's worth lobbying AC to have the low flex fares split out into TinkyWinky fare class so I don't have to be booked into them.

Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
I don't think Flex lower than G is offered on this route.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by PB53x11
As one of those required to (sometimes) book lowest flex, I wonder if it's worth lobbying AC to have the low flex fares split out into TinkyWinky fare class so I don't have to be booked into them.

personally, I think the new fare class should be called Po, or maybe Pooh.....
CoachPotato likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
eUpgrade on Aeroplan Redemption?

Sorry if this is a stupid question,

Can I use an eUpgrade on an Aeroplan Redemption?

ie. Book in Y (YYZ > LAX 50k points round trip) and then eupgrade to J (is it even worth doing this?)
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Not really because of COPAY, I think its $300 or 350 one way..

Also wait, I am pretty sure YYZ LAX R/T is 25K ?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosemite1
Sorry if this is a stupid question,

Can I use an eUpgrade on an Aeroplan Redemption?

ie. Book in Y (YYZ > LAX 50k points round trip) and then eupgrade to J (is it even worth doing this?)
1. YYZ LAX rt for 50K is already a business redemption, so you're entitle to business even if seated in the Y cabin and you don't need eUps to do that.
2. And yes, you can eUp on an X booking as per https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html and covered ad nauseum in this forum. AFAIK, this promotion ended for requests as of January 8, 2018, but it is possible that AC will extend it again since they have done so over and over for the last 1.5 years.

Also:
Aeroplan question about Award upgrade with Altitude 2018
Unable to upgrade from Aeroplan Classic (X) to J
Upgrade on Aeroplan J ticket
Upgrade from Tango fares, as well as Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Not really because of COPAY, I think its $300 or 350 one way..
It's 10 eUps plus $150 at check-in from X.

But it shows request made as of January 8, 2018, which means it is technically over, unless there was yet another extension that we don't know about yet.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
It's 10 eUps plus $150 at check-in from X.

But it shows request made as of January 8, 2018, which means it is technically over, unless there was yet another extension that we don't know about yet.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html
1) Its extended to April ,2018
2) It says starting at 150, I am fairly certain it was 300 or 350 for a TCON route from YYZ

Lol I would be able confirm, IF ONLY the stupid website would work
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) Its extended to April ,2018
Right. What was the date again?
Ok, the link shows April 17, 2018.

2) It says starting at 150, I am fairly certain it was 300 or 350 for a TCON route from YYZ
Yes, I vaguely recall this too.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Email from concierge two days ago when I asked about an eup for my wife, who was on an AP ticket (MCO-YHZ): "We have reviewed your booking and found out that the fare basis for Mrs. Yhztraveller is not eligible for Eupgrade. With that said if you would opt for a paid upgrade the fee would be CAD329.70."

When I replied Sunday night asking why I could not eup an AP ticket I received the following response on Monday morning: "I apologize if there may have been a miscommunication prior. What my colleague had mentioned is a paid confirmed upgrade of $329.70CAD. However, Aeroplan and Air Canada is extending their promotion to upgrade reward tickets until April 17, 2018. Should you request for Mrs. Yhztraveller to be on the standby list for AC1219 tomorrow, it would require 6 credits + $150CAD add-on fee."

Miscommunication?? They originally say that the fare basis is not eligible, then say it is, for 6 eups and $150. It gets better though, as a local Halifax concierge replied as well: "I was able to get your eupgrade request processed and your wife can be put on the list, however it would be 6 credits and 100$ add on fee."

There were only 4 of 14 seats occupied in J on the flight. They offered me an upgrade at the airport, but would not upgrade my wife, so I declined (for the sake of my marriage). I even tried to point out that she is a 50k member, but as usual, that doesn't matter on someone else's AP ticket. No biggy, as the flight was only 1/2 full and we had a row to ourselves in "premium economy".

To make a long story short, eups on AP tickets extended to April 17th, and depending on which concierge you get you might get a different answer on the fee.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
To make a long story short, eups on AP tickets extended to April 17th, and depending on which concierge you get you might get a different answer on the fee.
And to make a short story shorter, eUpgrade credits are worth* between $38.28 and $29.95 depending on which concierge you talk to

*only if your waitlist clears
quantumofforce likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.