FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1789272-new-eupgrade-requirements-co-pay-lower-flex-fares.html)

philelite Sep 6, 16 1:39 pm

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares
 
New eUpgrade requirments!

Wow, can now upgrade from Tango and Award Tickets! Thoughts? I like it.

See preview of YVR-YYZ below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...68-capture.jpg

CanRulez Sep 6, 16 1:43 pm


Originally Posted by philelite (Post 27174176)
New eUpgrade requirements!

Wow, can now upgrade from Tango and Award Tickets! Thoughts? I like it.

Hopefully they have this on Trans-border and International flights too.

Jumper Jack Sep 6, 16 1:47 pm

Laughing so hard right now.. AS predicted by me a few months back(Though I was more thinking they would allow Tango to PE as oppose to Tango to J)

Well.. it has happened.

International require a $600 co-pay to europe FOR Tango/Reward tix

Best Part : Tango E-upgrade to Asia for $850

I am going to very.. very happy next summer when I get J for <1200 to PVG

http://i.imgur.com/pxHEJqE.png
http://i.imgur.com/IJC4f4U.png

vernonc Sep 6, 16 1:57 pm


Originally Posted by philelite (Post 27174176)
New eUpgrade requirments!

Wow, can now upgrade from Tango and Award Tickets! Thoughts? I like it.

See preview of YVR-YYZ below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...68-capture.jpg

Is there a link announcing this promo ? Or is this the new normal ?

Jumper Jack Sep 6, 16 1:57 pm


Originally Posted by CanRulez (Post 27174197)
Hopefully they have this on Trans-border and International flights too.

Well. they do :p

Sucks for SEs though.. Tango/Award Co-Pay appears to be the same regardless of level.

I am pretty happy though... actually.. I am very.. very happy. :D

Maybe AC will finally decrease flex/tango fare differences a little as a result of it... and more inline with the co-pay difference. ($100-150 difference is easier for me to swallow for some extra AQM)

YHZ_Flyer Sep 6, 16 2:02 pm

Interesting. I like that the expanded upgrade windows are here to stay as well as the reduced amount of credits. As for the Tango and X class upgrades, in some cases it could be cheaper or equivalent to just purchase a LMU.

SparseFlyer Sep 6, 16 2:12 pm


Originally Posted by philelite (Post 27174176)
New eUpgrade requirments!

Wow, can now upgrade from Tango and Award Tickets! Thoughts? I like it.

See preview of YVR-YYZ below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...68-capture.jpg

10/10 well played.

canadiancow Sep 6, 16 2:21 pm

It's a little annoying the co-pay waiver has zero impact on Tango.

For anyone below SE, Flex to J is $750, and Tango to J is $850. Upgrades are no longer an incentive for buying Flex.

But for SE, there's still a HUGE incentive to buy Flex, because it's $0 instead of $850.

Why not just have some blanket policy like save $500 on TATL co-pay, $750 on TPAC co-pay, and $200 (?) on North American (I made up the last number since there is no co-pay for anyone else in Flex).

YYT82 Sep 6, 16 2:23 pm

LOL to the co-pay! There are ways to grab J cheaper than eUp credits + co-pay.

Admit it AC, you screwed up with the domestic eUp requirements for the 2015/2016 benefit years and don't have the courage to say so.

Plumber Sep 6, 16 2:24 pm

the new 'Preview Upgrade Requirements for your Itinerary' shows SE paying the co=pay on Tango and Aeroplan X fares, however, the new (Beta) AIr Canada website still clearly states:

An eUpgrade Add-on will not apply to:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

canadiancow Sep 6, 16 2:29 pm


Originally Posted by Plumber (Post 27174402)
the new 'Preview Upgrade Requirements for your Itinerary' shows SE paying the co=pay on Tango and Aeroplan X fares, however, the new (Beta) AIr Canada website still clearly states:

An eUpgrade Add-on will not apply to:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

To be fair, they haven't announced this change yet.

"Like before, Super Elites booked in Flex and Premium Economy (Lowest) will be exempt from the co-pay. However, the co-pay will apply for the now-upgradeable Tango and Aeroplan fares."

Bases covered. Assuming they think to do that :p

CanRulez Sep 6, 16 2:29 pm


Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 27174397)
But for SE, there's still a HUGE incentive to buy Flex, because it's $0 instead of $850.

Yeah, as an SE, there doesn't appear to be a reason to buy tango if you wish to upgrade to J....might as well pay the Flex difference which will most likely be less than the co-pay.

In addition, at least with Flex you'll get 100% miles.

Sopwith Sep 6, 16 2:32 pm

I haven't been able to upgrade for a couple of years now, so I'm a bit rusty, but to me the "Within14 days" is meaningless if they keep playing the R games. What good is "Within14 days" if they wait until the gate to release upgrades?

canadiancow Sep 6, 16 2:42 pm


Originally Posted by CanRulez (Post 27174435)
Yeah, as an SE, there doesn't appear to be a reason to buy tango if you wish to upgrade to J....might as well pay the Flex difference which will most likely be less than the co-pay.

In addition, at least with Flex you'll get 100% miles.

I actually just checked SFO-YYC-SFO for the YYC do (a North American route)

Tango plus co-pay (2x$100) is more expensive than Flex.

Though I suppose there's the benefit that you're not paying the Flex surcharge unless you actually get the upgrade, which may be worth something.

With Flex, it may be $2000, with a chance of upgrade, but Tango could be $500 plus $750 per direction actually upgraded.


Originally Posted by Sopwith (Post 27174449)
I haven't been able to upgrade for a couple of years now, so I'm a bit rusty, but to me the "Within14 days" is meaningless if they keep playing the R games. What good is "Within14 days" if they wait until the gate to release upgrades?

The vast, vast majority of my upgrades have cleared at time of request. And as someone who often books last minute on routes that are J0 at T-24, I'd rather have them defer eUpgrades as long as possible :p

Plumber Sep 6, 16 2:43 pm


Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 27174433)
To be fair, they haven't announced this change yet.

"Like before, Super Elites booked in Flex and Premium Economy (Lowest) will be exempt from the co-pay. However, the co-pay will apply for the now-upgradeable Tango and Aeroplan fares."

Bases covered. Assuming they think to do that :p

No they have not announced it yet, but it is live in the 'Eupgrade' section of AC.com... If you search the credits required, the new system is there....but you are right, they have just not updated their T&Cs in unison.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:09 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.