Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Current eUpgrade Promotion for eUpgrade Requests Made Until June 30, 2020

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/special-offers/eupgrade-offer.html

Upgrades to Business Class

US

Europe/Middle East/South America

Asia/Australia
Upgrades to Premium Economy

US (This is the only promotion for Premium Economy at this time)

Print Wikipost

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad

It is N as you noted.

Exactly which flight are you looking at and are there married segments?

You might have to call in to get it done manually. IIRC there have been glitches in the past regarding N upgrades.
So I phoned in, and spoke to a very helpful and polite agent, who put me on hold a couple of times to check things out. I was told that although there was N availability for my upcoming YYZ-YVR widebody, they were only for sale and not for eupgrade requests. I then asked what the booking code would be for an upgrade and was told that it was indeed N, but that whether or not they would allow an eupgrade depended on how many N were available. I asked (for example) if N was 20 then yes they'd allow an upgrade, but not when N=2, and the agent said "Yes, that's precisely it". For my flight N=2.

Has anyone here, ever gotten a PE upgrade earlier than at the gate?

Last edited by tomvancouver; Oct 20, 2018 at 7:43 pm
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad

It is N as you noted.

Exactly which flight are you looking at and are there married segments?

You might have to call in to get it done manually. IIRC there have been glitches in the past regarding N upgrades.
It clears into N, but the availability is not based on N.

Same as IKK. It clears into I or X, but availability is based on other factors.
Or upgrades from Latitude. It clears into R, but is based on P/Z availability.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It clears into N, but the availability is not based on N.

Same as IKK. It clears into I or X, but availability is based on other factors.
Or upgrades from Latitude. It clears into R, but is based on P/Z availability.
And the "other factors" are unknown I guess?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
And the "other factors" are unknown I guess?
I know the other factors for Y IKK. Not for the rest.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:51 pm

Does J4 C4 D0 Z0 P0 R0 means there are 4 business seats left or 8 (J4 + C4 = 8 ) ? Today when I checked EF, it became J2 C0 D0 Z0 P0 R0, so does it mean 2 business lowest seats were sold ? Or means 4 lowest and 2 flexible were sold ?

The same flight on the next day currently has J6 C6 D6 Z5 P4 R2, I am thinking to change my flight to this date to get a better chance for upgrade, do you guys agree ?

Thank you
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC 75K
J4 C4 means there are 4 business class seats left. C, D, Z,P and R are all subsets of J.

The other flight you're looking has more space available, so technically you'd have a better shot, but if you're flight is a little ways away, lots of things can change between now and then.
salvatorexiang likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:34 pm

Currently wait-listed for my flight, 5 hours until online check in opens, 3 J available ....

In this case, how many J will be opened for "Last Minute Upgrade Purchase" ? Wondering If someone make the "last minute purchase" could jump ahead of me .....

Thanks for all the help !
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by salvatorexiang
Currently wait-listed for my flight, 5 hours until online check in opens, 3 J available ....

In this case, how many J will be opened for "Last Minute Upgrade Purchase" ? Wondering If someone make the "last minute purchase" could jump ahead of me .....

Thanks for all the help !
AC will likely open them all for LMU. If they can make money selling it as full J or LMU they will. Price is normally higher when seats are low however.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by jc94

AC will likely open them all for LMU. If they can make money selling it as full J or LMU they will. Price is normally higher when seats are low however.
Hmm... not very good for me then. haha. Thanks for your info
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Hmm... not very good for me then. haha. Thanks for your info
OLCI in 5h and hope they want $$$$
Then check the upgrade list via the app.

What route? If you don’t mind releasing it publically ..?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:03 pm

Finger crossed for $$$$ lol

Last edited by salvatorexiang; Oct 26, 2018 at 11:58 pm
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I know the other factors for Y IKK. Not for the rest.
And they are?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:52 pm

Trying to understand the upgrade waitlist here.

So JI,X is me, seems I am the only one on waitlist, while two J seats available. Why is the MAG guy above me marked with a green check mark? Does it mean his upgrade request is confirmed?

Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Trying to understand the upgrade waitlist here.

So JI,X is me, seems I am the only one on waitlist, while two J seats available. Why is the MAG guy above me marked with a green check mark? Does it mean his upgrade request is confirmed?

Thanks
Yes, that means you're on the wait list, and MAG is already confirmed.

There are several potential reasons why MAG is already confirmed, but the obvious one is that MAG bought a seat in a class that allowed him or her to confirm the upgrade early, and at a time when there was early upgrade availability (R class, for example). He or she may have taken the last R class availability, which is why you're now on the wait list.

Keep in mind that the app only shows people on the upgrade list who have checked in. You're at the top of the list for now, but it's quite possible that there are numerous others on the list who just haven't checked in yet.

You'll have a better sense when you get to the airport, and most people have checked in. At this point I suspect that they won't process the upgrade list until the flight has closed ... 45 mins prior to departure. If you're still in the top two at that point, then they will page you at the gate with the good news.

Good luck!
salvatorexiang likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
Yes, that means you're on the wait list, and MAG is already confirmed.

There are several potential reasons why MAG is already confirmed, but the obvious one is that MAG bought a seat in a class that allowed him or her to confirm the upgrade early, and at a time when there was early upgrade availability (R class, for example). He or she may have taken the last R class availability, which is why you're now on the wait list.

Keep in mind that the app only shows people on the upgrade list who have checked in. You're at the top of the list for now, but it's quite possible that there are numerous others on the list who just haven't checked in yet.

You'll have a better sense when you get to the airport, and most people have checked in. At this point I suspect that they won't process the upgrade list until the flight has closed ... 45 mins prior to departure. If you're still in the top two at that point, then they will page you at the gate with the good news.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. So I guess. MAG is included in the 28 booked seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.