Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Current eUpgrade Promotion for eUpgrade Requests Made Until June 30, 2020

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/special-offers/eupgrade-offer.html

Upgrades to Business Class

US

Europe/Middle East/South America

Asia/Australia
Upgrades to Premium Economy

US (This is the only promotion for Premium Economy at this time)

Print Wikipost

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by zam
Hi. What class needs to be open for a PY upgrade to be cleared?
@zam

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30337744-post377.html

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It clears into N, but the availability is not based on N.

Same as IKK. It clears into I or X, but availability is based on other factors.
Or upgrades from Latitude. It clears into R, but is based on P/Z availability.
As for what the availability is based on for PE upgrades, AFAIK, nobody has posted the official answer in this forum yet and it remains unknown* to us. Some have previously speculated that it could be something like if N>=2, but there is no hard proof on that.

* "unknown" could mean none of us here really don't know, or some of us do know but have chosen not to divulge this information here just yet, at least
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: SE 100K
More of a general question... apologies if this is the wrong thread.

Any anecdotal info on success rates of E50k clearing an upgrade to J (or even PY) on YVR - YYZ and vice versa?

My assumption is there are too many E75 / 100's that it would be incredibly difficult on just about any flight / most days of the week but thought I'd reach out and ask if people have found a particular day of the week or flight which has less of the higher status PAX.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Any anecdotal info on success rates of E50k clearing an upgrade to J (or even PY) on YVR - YYZ and vice versa?
Really depends on the flight and loads, but as an E50 I generally don’t count on my requests clearing on that route. I’ve had much more success on YUL-YVR if you can make the routing work.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: Altitude
Question Question - Are eUpgrades no longer available from Standard?

I seem to recall reading... something... about eventually not being able to eUpgrade from a Standard Fare. But of course I don't remember any details or where I heard/read it. I haven't gotten an option to eUpgrade on checkin via the new app, I knew that was coming... But, have have they gotten rid of the ability to eUpgrade from standard fare altogether? Is this something that might come back after all the changes to the software/Aeroplan program are rolled out? Searching the AC website right now I can't find anything that address this clearly.

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by embt
I seem to recall reading... something... about eventually not being able to eUpgrade from a Standard Fare. But of course I don't remember any details or where I heard/read it. I haven't gotten an option to eUpgrade on checkin via the new app, I knew that was coming... But, have have they gotten rid of the ability to eUpgrade from standard fare altogether? Is this something that might come back after all the changes to the software/Aeroplan program are rolled out? Searching the AC website right now I can't find anything that address this clearly.

Thanks!
Yes, it's still alive and kicking.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html

Last edited by yyznomad; Nov 25, 2019 at 4:50 pm
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: Altitude
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Oh thank you! So good through end of February next year... I wonder if they will extend it. Cheers!
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by embt
Oh thank you! So good through end of February next year... I wonder if they will extend it. Cheers!
They have extended it for the past year and a half or so...

I would be shocked if they didn't, and I find it somewhat annoying how they don't just make it permanent at this point.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by codfather
They have extended it for the past year and a half or so...

I would be shocked if they didn't, and I find it somewhat annoying how they don't just make it permanent at this point.
More like extended for the past three years.

Agree should just make it permanent.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
More like extended for the past three years.

Agree should just make it permanent.
I was actually going to say higher than 1.5 years, but I opted to play it safe instead.

If we are being honest here, AC would be insane to cancel it given the additional revenue it has generated for them through co-pay.

Perhaps they think by keeping it as a promotion people will be more inclined to do it because it is "for a limited time."
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:58 pm

I'm curious if I'm interpreting things wrong or if this promotion actually makes things worse for me.

I have a Flex ticket in class A from Canada to the US. Per the eupgrade requirements page, it should be eligible for upgrade using 4 credits and $50 addon. The eUp website is quoting me $0 and 7 credits, which are the terms under this promotion. I'd much rather spend $50 and keep my credits. Is this possible at all, or am I misinterpreting the chart?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmggg
I'm curious if I'm interpreting things wrong or if this promotion actually makes things worse for me.

I have a Flex ticket in class A from Canada to the US. Per the eupgrade requirements page, it should be eligible for upgrade using 4 credits and $50 addon. The eUp website is quoting me $0 and 7 credits, which are the terms under this promotion. I'd much rather spend $50 and keep my credits. Is this possible at all, or am I misinterpreting the chart?
That is "eUpgrades Starting At" so it's not "4+$50" for all domestic/transborder destinations under the normal requirements for Flex A.

(but regardless, the current promotion takes priority - you can't select which scheme to go under)
mmggg likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:03 am

Does anyone know how to access the old preview of how much an upgrade will cost?
The new tool doesn't let me plug in a route and calculate how many credits it takes to upgrade
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Does anyone know how to access the old preview of how much an upgrade will cost?
The new tool doesn't let me plug in a route and calculate how many credits it takes to upgrade
No, it's been #Amadeused .
flyquiet likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hydrogen
I was just looking for this today, and also couldn't find it. I also can't find the tables saying how many credits for the different distances. Just a "starting at" number of credits for the shortest distances.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I was just looking for this today, and also couldn't find it. I also can't find the tables saying how many credits for the different distances. Just a "starting at" number of credits for the shortest distances.
Same here. And maybe it’s just me, but I can’t figure out credit requirements to upgrade from PY to J either.

Next year will be my first year with status at 35K. I keep reading that YVR-YYZ is a tough route to upgrade. What about SFO-YYZ - anyone have experience? I flew paid J on that route last week on the red-eye and it was full but not sure if that’s the norm. I usually fly Flex it sometimes PY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.