Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
Not sure if this was already pointed out ....the boarding pass on the app does not refresh unless you hit the refresh icon on the screen. So if you are like me and checked in and got a BP on the app 24 hrs before the flight, open the app as you go thru security and the gate is the same as when you checked in at T-24. So you could end up going to the wrong gate unless you hit the refresh button on the top of the BP screen.
This could be an issue if you are trying to make a connecting flight and get off your first flight with the BP for the new one that sends you to the wrong gate.
Maybe others have different experiences but this is what I experienced this morning at YYZ. AC App on Android.
Same here.

One thing I really hate is that while this seems to be tapping straight into DCS, it doesn't seem to be able to refresh if you get a gate upgrade. If you change your seat before FC, the BP updates, but if your cabin changes after, the BP won't update.

**cough**United does**cough**
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Same here.

One thing I really hate is that while this seems to be tapping straight into DCS, it doesn't seem to be able to refresh if you get a gate upgrade. If you change your seat before FC, the BP updates, but if your cabin changes after, the BP won't update.

**cough**United does**cough**
If what others do is the standard then I have to ask how AA manages checkin with two clicks on their app. DL has automatic check in, and AC takes many many clicks and is relatively time consuming and a PITA.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by ridefar

If what others do is the standard then I have to ask how AA manages checkin with two clicks on their app. DL has automatic check in, and AC takes many many clicks and is relatively time consuming and a PITA.
If TC doesn't require them to present any specific warnings, I see no reason why they couldn't do it for domestic flights. International would obviously be more complicated.

Automatic check-in, to me, means "we realize this is an antiquated concept that only exists because all airline systems were created before the internet existed, so we're going to do what we can to eliminate it".

But "simple" check-in would definitely be nice.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Another update on incorrect gates on app generated BP.
I was on AC759 yesterday. Checked in 24 hrs before and got my BP with no gate which is fine. Went thru security 1hr before and refreshed the BP and showed Gate F51. The info boards showed Gate F55 after US security. Refreshed the BP in the app and no dice, still gate F51. Boarded the plane at Gate F55 and even on the plane the app BP still showed F51.
So IMHO the gate info on the app BP is not reliable. Android app.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:37 pm

I noticed that on Sunday on 739.

TripIt and the monitor agreed with each other, but not the AC app.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Standby/Upgrade Lists on the AC App?

Hoping this isn't covered as I can't seem to find it.

It appears to me of late that the AC app's removes the ability to view the two lists sometime prior to the flight closing. Maybe this is 12 hours or so before (just a guess).

The option actually seems to disappear from the App. I assume this is intentional and probably due to it causing more counter traffic than ideal but wondered if anyone could confirm it or knew the details?

Thanks,

P
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:15 pm

No, if you're unable to see the lists, it's a bug.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks! Will check this tomorrow am. Noticed last couple standby's the list option was gone sometime before the flight.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by petvan
Hoping this isn't covered as I can't seem to find it.

It appears to me of late that the AC app's removes the ability to view the two lists sometime prior to the flight closing. Maybe this is 12 hours or so before (just a guess).

The option actually seems to disappear from the App. I assume this is intentional and probably due to it causing more counter traffic than ideal but wondered if anyone could confirm it or knew the details?

Thanks,

P
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No, if you're unable to see the lists, it's a bug.
Yes, sometimes the option to see the standby and upgrade list disappears. I just kill the app and restart and it usually appears then. Or not. In which case I repeat and try again. Or I click on the inbound flight and come back and there it is. Just normal and expected behavior in an app, you know.
etkuo, DNAwizard and jc94 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by jasdou
Yes, sometimes the option to see the standby and upgrade list disappears. I just kill the app and restart and it usually appears then. Or not. In which case I repeat and try again. Or I click on the inbound flight and come back and there it is. Just normal and expected behavior in an app, you know.
I agree. Very often I will have to kill the app and restart it (up to multiple times), but eventually you will always get back to being able to see the list.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Question - has it always been that you only get your first boarding pass in the app (and ability to add to wallet)? I seem to recall I used to get them all but perhaps that was UA.

I didn't get my second segment bp in the app which is annoying because now I have to check in at the desk - routing through YUL tomorrow and should be OSS but I won't be able to go far without my YUL-YVR bp!

Any trick to getting the second segment to show up as available in the app?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Question - has it always been that you only get your first boarding pass in the app (and ability to add to wallet)? I seem to recall I used to get them all but perhaps that was UA.

I didn't get my second segment bp in the app which is annoying because now I have to check in at the desk - routing through YUL tomorrow and should be OSS but I won't be able to go far without my YUL-YVR bp!

If you put in your text number for SMS it texts you both passes. Then you just go to your text message and pick the second leg, click the link and get the second boarding pass.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by djkyyc

If you put in your text number for SMS it texts you both passes. Then you just go to your text message and pick the second leg, click the link and get the second boarding pass.
I always ask for it in the app so I can add to wallet.

Maybe I can go re-do check-in and generate them again.

EDIT TO ADD: That did the trick, thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by etkuo
I agree. Very often I will have to kill the app and restart it (up to multiple times), but eventually you will always get back to being able to see the list.
60% of the time it works every time. Just like all apps
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

On multi-segments itineraries, when the app offers you to add the BP to wallet after you complete the OLCI process, it will only add the first BP. You then have to manually go in the Boarding Passes section of the app, then individually add each missing BP to the wallet. Annoying but it seems to work for me. But then again I usually end up getting printed boarding passes at the airport so I don't rely on electronic BPs much but I like having them as a backup.

Last edited by jasdou; Mar 15, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.