Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recognizing your loyalty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
When I was outfitting sweatpants and t shirts with a huge backpack while boarding as a latitude ticket holder it was a pretty funny experience lol, the GA's jaw was on the ground after I waved the ticket in her face after blocked me off.

Break the stigma/ "P
Surprise is not a Tango fare.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC E75K, *G
Originally Posted by dtman85
Last time I went on (not AC) a CX to and from HKG <-> MEL on J as a MPC member, they were very professional even though I was wearing a hoodie and sweatpants..

Speaking of which, I don't think I've ever seen my dad out of his jeans and polo shirt, despite racking in almost half million miles in the past 4 years, all in J.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Holy
moly
andy
pandy
sugar
and
candy

I just swallowed my tongue.

A CSR just thanked me for my loyalty.

The new norm? The new norm?
The new norm?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: AC E75K, *G
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I had a conversation with a senior executive (someone without a FT account) at Air Canada about this just a little bit ago. They are working on this exact topic (engaging with customers like the way they are in this thread).

FWIW.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Holy
moly
andy
pandy
sugar
and
candy

I just swallowed my tongue.

A CSR just thanked me for my loyalty.

The new norm? The new norm?
The new norm?
Perhaps this has already been passed down?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: AC E75K
A bit off-topic, but this thread just reminded me of the first time an airline staff member expressed explicit appreciation for my loyalty. It was 8 years ago, when I was a college student and lowly AC*P flying United Express from IAD to YOW. Towards the end of the flight, the FA walked the length of the sparsely populated cabin and thanked — I presume — every Star Alliance frequent flyer with any status for their loyalty by name (read off the manifest) and with a Hershey's Kiss. It was such an unexpected gesture that I remember it to this day.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by dtman85
Whoops
You got me.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Upon entering YVR TB MLL, "Thank you Mr. cow, and thank you for your loyalty to Air Canada."

On board, 13A and 13D both had SEs that were welcomed by the SD.

New standard? One offs?
For me this year, zero recognition on Dash flights and only meal order recognition in business class. So from my perspective, your experience seems like a one-off.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by ylwae
For me this year, zero recognition on Dash flights and only meal order recognition in business class. So from my perspective, your experience seems like a one-off.
To be fair, I've always found that on Dash flights, the crew keep an attitude of "look, we don't like this any more than you do, so let's all just get through it together, okay? Now, seriously, let me skycheck your freaking bag."
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Plat, AC SE, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Premiere Elite - YEG
I just got scolded by a young guy working the desk at the YVR dom MLL. Checked in with him, he never looked up once, I use the lower floor lavatory and then proceed upstairs. He loudly calls me out thinking that I am sneeking in. After showing him my BP a second time, he never apologized and obviously didn't thank me for my loyalty. So I suggested he make eye contact next time.
That child at YVR MLL DOM is a real douche. He def. needs a talking to from someone regarding the responsibilities of his job. He's a front line customer service rep. Not a "I'm being paid to sit here and play Angry Birds on my iphone" ACC employee.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by ylwae
Meal order recognition is the most I've ever had. Nothing ever on the ground. I really don't care about this stuff, but people obviously have very different experiences. I wonder why?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
To be fair, I've always found that on Dash flights, the crew keep an attitude of "look, we don't like this any more than you do, so let's all just get through it together, okay? Now, seriously, let me skycheck your freaking bag."
That's true. I was just offering Y vs J experiences--there are practically no amenities on Dash/Y-only flights, so you'd think they'd compensate with recognition (though I'd rather be offered a newspaper).
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by antirealist
Meal order recognition is the most I've ever had. Nothing ever on the ground. I really don't care about this stuff, but people obviously have very different experiences. I wonder why?
Maybe the more extensive recognition is reserved for people who seem Iike they really need it
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RN29
That child at YVR MLL DOM is a real douche. He def. needs a talking to from someone regarding the responsibilities of his job. He's a front line customer service rep. Not a "I'm being paid to sit here and play Angry Birds on my iphone" ACC employee.
Glad to know I am not alone. I felt I dealt with my issue on the spot but now feel I should escalate it.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by domfreqflyer
I still don't understand why they would assume a 26 year old could not be SE.
I know several 26 yr olds who are driving you guys around with four stripes on their cuffs. It's not unusually young.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
I know several 26 yr olds who are driving you guys around with four stripes on their cuffs. It's not unusually young.
Agreed.

It's not demographics (guy aged 26), it's psychographics ("look, I'd rather be elsewhere, so buzz off", "I'm not getting paid enough to deal with you people", or whatever attitude he had at the time). Should he have known better? You bet.

Look, a while back I posted in a thread with a similar topic about a check-in agent at YVR who not only hassled me about being SE ("this line is for SEs only"), I asked for her name and then happened to see a senior AC person in the MLL and told them the story. Not only was the check-in agent seriously rude (and I'm sure not just to me), but also lied about their name. Did they think no one would find out?

My point to the senior agent is that perhaps that check-in person needed some "additional customer service" training. I said that I just didn't want others to have to go through the same thing.

As for recognizing loyalty, it occurs to me that for every one AC employee who may thank a J pax or SE or whoever, there is at least one other employee who behaves as this 26 year-old did in the YVR MLL.

Some people do not belong in customer-facing jobs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.