Recognizing your loyalty

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
Another data point…

AC619 YHZ to YYZ July 15 provided the opportunity to view the most enthusiastic, cheerful, happy, motivated, amazing flight attendant I have ever seen.

He was so much fun to watch I stopped watching the movie.

Was not able to catch his name but was able to comment to the Captain and SD:
"Did not catch his name but that black gentleman certainly did Air Canada proud. Obviously he loves what he does!"

They confirmed that on every occasion they had flown with him he was similarly joyful.

I can not imagine anyone ever exceeding the standards he sets for himself.
I'm not following what part of this involves recognizing (or failing to recognize) your loyalty.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm not following what part of this involves recognizing (or failing to recognize) your loyalty.
How about…

I was on a recent flight where everyone who had been loyal to Air Canada for at least one flight segment was shown the most amazing appreciation for their choosing AC!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Just wanted to chime in here....

Maybe I am fortunate, but I have found that AC and many people do recognise my loyalty and have been doing so for several years...

1) I regularly get SDs coming by and thanking me for being MM and for flying AC again.
2) I regularly get SDs and FAs calling me by name, without the manifest in front of them.
3) I find GAs regularly call me by name after scanning my BP.
4) I have missed only one u/g request in more than 4 years (was YYZ-YOW). While not specific to any employees, I do feel this is a way AC recognises my loyalty.
5) Most concierges in my home station know me by name and have sometimes boarded a flight when i was already sitting down to come and say hi to me and ask if there is anything they can help with.
6) I am called by name by other Concierges in NRT, ICN and MUC when i arrive at the counter or run into them near the gate.
7) I have been pulled out of lines in places like SFO, YVR and TLV to come and board first (even before Zone 1 was implemented)
8) From time to time, I do get some check-in agents thanking me for my business....but I admit, it is rare.

Does every employee with whom I interact recognise my loyalty? No, of course not. Do I sometimes run into less-than-pleasant AC employees? Yes of course. But overall, its pretty good.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Plumber
Just wanted to chime in here....

Maybe I am fortunate, but I have found that AC and many people do recognise my loyalty and have been doing so for several years...

1) I regularly get SDs coming by and thanking me for being MM and for flying AC again.
2) I regularly get SDs and FAs calling me by name, without the manifest in front of them.
3) I find GAs regularly call me by name after scanning my BP.
4) I have missed only one u/g request in more than 4 years (was YYZ-YOW). While not specific to any employees, I do feel this is a way AC recognises my loyalty.
5) Most concierges in my home station know me by name and have sometimes boarded a flight when i was already sitting down to come and say hi to me and ask if there is anything they can help with.
6) I am called by name by other Concierges in NRT, ICN and MUC when i arrive at the counter or run into them near the gate.
7) I have been pulled out of lines in places like SFO, YVR and TLV to come and board first (even before Zone 1 was implemented)
8) From time to time, I do get some check-in agents thanking me for my business....but I admit, it is rare.

Does every employee with whom I interact recognise my loyalty? No, of course not. Do I sometimes run into less-than-pleasant AC employees? Yes of course. But overall, its pretty good.
Great to hear the veterans get their well deserved recognition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.