Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recognizing your loyalty

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
When you check the Altitude site, what do your AQM/AQS show? And I assume your status shows E75K there too?
So, I first noticed it when I logged on to my eupgrade account and noticed an additional 55 eups in my account. The account activity showed:

04-Jun, 2016: 40 credits earned Air Canada Altitude 2016
04-Jun, 2016: 15 credits earned Air Canada Altitude 2016

Then, I printed my boarding pass for my flight tomorrow and it shows E75K. I then log into my Altitude account and sure enough it is showing E75K. I am going to make E50K again this year but I am far off at this stage of the year (will make it up by fall/year end) at just 19 segments and probably $4,000-$5,000 in AQD (booked and flown by my own calculations).

It is quite a nice surprise!
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Oh and as for customer service. I am notice AC becoming much more responsive to Elite customer needs. Their Twitter team has been great to me, even once upgrading me as a courtesy due to a terrible situation I had at YYZ which I complained to them about. So, I am noticing a difference in their approach to Elites...in small increments...but it is very encouraging to see.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I was hoping that was contagious, but no, mine still shows E50K and I have a few more segments so far and similar AQD, not counting FP credits bought but not flown.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I was traveling on a UA flight and ticket from YYZ today. Listed as *G on the boarding pass, as it should. I went to MLL and checked in. The agent was nice and said a generic "enjoy your visit". I would assume that she had no way of knowing I was SE? No complaints just noticed a difference vs. the past few visits when I was on an AC flight.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I was traveling on a UA flight and ticket from YYZ today. Listed as *G on the boarding pass, as it should. I went to MLL and checked in. The agent was nice and said a generic "enjoy your visit". I would assume that she had no way of knowing I was SE? No complaints just noticed a difference vs. the past few visits when I was on an AC flight.
I was in YYZ today and did not receive a hello MR or thank you, had to even ask what gate I was at . I do not think all agents are as friendly and as outgoing as others.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:16 am

I'd be interested in gender comparisons. My hypothesis is that you gents get fawned over more than ladies do. Anyone receive or overhear any recognition/appreciation to female elites?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I'd be interested in gender comparisons. My hypothesis is that you gents get fawned over more than ladies do. Anyone receive or overhear any recognition/appreciation to female elites?
As I've said it before, if you do not look like a 30-55 year old male, you do not get the same service as if you do.

In terms of my original post, it was more like reading off a script. It would not surprise me if the screen popped up the script when my BP was scanned
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:57 pm

Agree - but I think if it is genuine, it would be uniformly bestowed on all (as determined by the screen) whereas the flirt-worthy targets get more of it, and they ignore those prompts for others. (Meaning "flirt" in a broader sense of seeking social favour and grace from, but possibly including the narrower meaning for agents in specific personal circumstances.)
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
OMG, can we start a "fawned over" thread?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
OMG, can we start a "fawned over" thread?
One time, I thought a GA wanted to marry me.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 12:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
I was thanked the other day for expensifying the Y+ seats.

SD came to the back and wanted to know why there was so much negative space in J, when steerage was full of positives
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
One time, I thought a GA wanted to marry me.
Ohman, you gotta share more details!!!!
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:49 am

You guys in IT might seem quite the BillGatesish catches to an aspirational airport agent. (And not saying you're not...)
Similar those in banking, investments, law, etc. Those who are looking for arrangements are making themselves salient in a target rich environment.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maradori
Ohman, you gotta share more details!!!!
You guys in IT might seem quite the BillGatesish catches to an aspirational airport agent. (And not saying you're not...)
Similar those in banking, investments, law, etc. Those who are looking for arrangements are making themselves salient in a target rich environment.
This was at the end of EYW. This GA had seen me boarding a crapload of flights, and we started chatting.

It definitely seemed like "oh wow he can afford all this AND he's a decade younger?"
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton LTD, GE/Nexus
I am going to gag soon.....

This was at the end of EYW. This GA had seen me boarding a crapload of flights, and we started chatting.

It definitely seemed like "oh wow he can afford all this AND he's a decade younger?"
....for real?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.